Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who are the top 7th grade teams this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
7th grade is always unpredictable at the beginning of the year because it's a different team every year.Now that we are halfway through the season,Who are the top teams in 7th grade?
I Have heard a lot about Johnson being very good in 7th. Northern seems to be doing well, and there are always some sleepers come playoffs. Some teams may not even field a 7th grade team till playoffs because they play their 7th graders on their 8th.
I've not herd much about Johnson but I do know Northern is looking really good.Sounds like it will come down to these two meeting in the the region finals.
Johnson County's 7th grade team is good very good. Their line is huge and blocks well. Their backs run hard and never go down on first contact. Their starting backs I don't think ever got less then 6 or 7 yards a carry never went down on first contact. Their QB throws the ball really well. Defensively they are really good they can defend against the run or pass. Just a good football team that plays well together.
Johnson county 7th grade is real good. A lot of them should be able to do FBU/east west. My QB (Westport) has a beautiful ball and is hard runner, will battle for every yard(got knocked out vs Johnson trying to get more) he's more of a athlete (plays QB/RB/wr/FS/DB).

Newburg middle has a RB that is putting up major yards per game. He's tall, fast and mean, he plays up on 8th grade team.

But overall is say Johnson has the most talented 7th grade team.
I know the North Pulaski 7th grade has put a running clock on everyone they have played,and that includes Bowling Green at bowling green and Corbin at Corbin. It's looking like the state championship will be played at the regional finals between North Pulaski and Johnson! Can't wait to see it!
Johnson is not real big on putting running clock on teams they try to give all of their kids playing time.
what are the rules for running clock in middle school?
I don't know if anyone knows the running clock rules. I've seen it at 21,28,30,and 34. Would love to see a uniform rule on that during the season.
Association I think says 24 or 26 points
Single Wing 77 Wrote:what are the rules for running clock in middle school?

Each conference is allowed to modify the running clock rule as they see fit for reguar season.

KYMSFA rule is the same as High school 36 points at the point it happens.