Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KYMSFA Press Release 8-23-16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For Immediate Release:

Reminder that the deadline for registrations and all paperwork is August 31, 2016.

1. Below is the current list of teams that have registered online, if you don't see your team, get your registration in ASAP.

Allen
Barrett
Bell County
Bowling Green
Boyle County
Casey Co
Christian Academy of Louisville
Clay County
Edmonson County
Evarts
Franklin Simpson
Georgetown
Glasgow
James T Alton
Lexington Christian Academy
Logan County
Metcalfe County
Mountain View
Newburg (JCPS)
Olmsted North
Phelps
Pikeville
Shelby East
Somerset Meece
South Oldham
Union Raiders
Warren East
Wayne County
Williamsburg

2. STILL NEED REGIONAL FINALS SITES For regions 1 and 2, If interested, please email me privately.

3. Game Score reports - http://kymsfa.formstack.com/forms/game_score_report Please make sure you are submitting the game score reports, it is a requirement.

Below are several notes and links to the online submissions for the 2016 Season as well as other key dates. Attached you will find the 2016 Playoff Presentation and 2016 rules. Should you have any questions please contact any of your KYMSFA directors.

Rules update - Everyone needs to be aware of the updates to Rule 8 for 2016.

Divisional Breakdowns for 2016

Division 3 - 0-160 males
Division 2 - 161-255 males
Division 1 - 256+ males
7th grade - one division only

KENTUCKY MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION 2016 MEMBERSHIP/RENEWAL

To register/renew your middle school football program membership for the 2016 Football Season, please complete the on-line form listed below and review the attached material to make sure your team will comply with the 2016 Rules adopted by the membership during the Annual Meeting. All forms for the 2016 Football Season will be posted on-line at the Association's website at http://www.kymsfa.com before the start of the season.

Online Membership Registration & Payment ($250.00) Due August 31, 2016

KYMSFA 2016-2017 Online Registration Link

Verified Rosters Due August 31, 2016

Please remember that your Verified Roster Eligibility Form is due to be submitted to the Association by August 31, together with team picture and logo (if we do not already have it on file). Should you have any questions, please let us know.

KYMSFA Verified Roster Form

Team Schedule Submission Due August 31, 2016

For 2016 will be the requirement that each team submit a team schedule by August 31, 2016. See the attached link below to submit schedule.

KYMSFA Team Schedule Form

September 22, 2016

Win Loss Form Submission due for State Playoffs (link for this form will be sent out later in the season)

September 24, 2016

2016 State Championship Selection & Bracketing Meeting

2016 State Championship Dates
October 4, 2016 - Play in Round Games
October 8, 2016 - First Round Games
October 15, 2016 - Second Round Games
October 22, 2016 - Regional Finals - If interested in Hosting please let me know ASAP
October 29, 2016 - Semi Finals (Region 1 vs Region 2, Region 3 vs Region 4)
October 30, 2016 - Finals

2016 East vs West All Star Classic Weekend

November 25 - 27, 2016
Lots of schools waiting till the last minute to register... I counted only 29 schools on that list!
Did JTA not get the memo that Hardin county schools weren't allowed to compete in this years playoffs or am I missing something
Lakers, Why cant hardin county schools compete?
Principles all say that football runs to far into basketball. They even got rid of our conference championship games
Wow..that's a shame.
Seeing as how the deadline has passed, I'm curious as to what teams are registered now. There were only 29 teams total as of the last press release.
If a principal started to dictate my child's athletic goals, I'd be finding another school. Bullitt Central's not too far away from Etown.
Bullit county schools don't offer middle school football. It's youth league until they are freshmen
Then I will go to Bardstown. There's always an option.

Is basketball really that much of a king over there? You can get anything done with a school administration with a group of firm parents.
That's messed up,what about the kids that don't play basketball and only play football.Sounds to me like someone needs to stand up for those kids.Its not fair to them!!
Are they trying to increase Etowns enrollment ?
Cardfan1 Wrote:Are they trying to increase Etowns enrollment ?

It would seem that way. I'm surprised parents haven't thrown a fit over this yet. They got rid of the football conference championship game but yet basketball and volleyball get to keep theirs. I don't work for a school but shouldn't title 9 keep them from doing this?
Title 9 just says they have to have equal sports....title games don't have to be offered. Just sucks they are taking football (post season) away from kids who don't do other sports.
Are post seasons offered in other sports?
Yes, our county has girls & boys basketball tournaments and girls volleyball tournament. We have middle school wrestling but I think it's more through the high school like baseball is around here