Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: windows xp password help please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any idea on how to get rid of a login password for Windows XP SP2? It gets to the start where it asks for a user name and password but we cant remember them. Any help would be appreciated.
I had that problem with my Gateway Computer and I turned it off 1st and then I unhooked the power from it and I took the side off of the towercase and removed the battery which looks something like a watch battery but its a little bigger in size....After removing the battery from inside the tower case for about 10 minutes I put the battery back in and hooked the power back up and that solved my problem with the password.....Hope that might be some help for you....
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Anyone have any idea on how to get rid of a login password for Windows XP SP2? It gets to the start where it asks for a user name and password but we cant remember them. Any help would be appreciated.

If you can't remember your passwords, there is only very limited options you can do.

1. You can just format everything from the hard disk if you don't care whats on the computer.

2. There is a program called Emergency Repair Disk (ERD Commander) what it has on it is an .ISO you can burn onto a disk, pop that sucker into your cd drive boot up Windows. It will have a locksmith which you can change your passwords.

If I remember anymore options I shall post them here.
one way is very simple ive used this on some friends computers to remove passwords you simply start your pc in Safe mode and it will prompt you 2 log in and most the time it will have a Admin account and your own then just go to the admin account and go to control panel the accounts and edit the account and delete the password off of it or delete the whole account
Just go to control panel > user accounts > choose at the bottom User account to change