Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southern Warriors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any chance for Southern to turn this horrible season around? I'm worried. This just isn't Southern.
What is horrible about it?
Coach " Scooter" Russell will have them ready, They probably wont lose again until the 2028 season.
Losing players to Meece is the word through the grapevine. I would suggest Southern recruit them back.
No I'm with Southwestern, that kid wasn't recruited they moved him. Parents and some players upset over coaching. If parent wants to move kid that's not recruiting that parent was very unhappy. Southern is hurting this year, but its like this If southern, northern, or meece players move its always someone saying recruiting. These three schools are in a 10 min radius Meece and Northern 1 mile apart. Seriously Southern players went to Northern to as well as a meece player to Northern.
Nobody from Meece recruited anybody from Southern.
A kid left Somerset to go to Southern and you didn't hear Somerset say he was recruited.
If you don't want to be a Briar Jumper go some place that will make you happy.
Just said it was a rumor. Thanks for clearing it up for us.
Who ever Hired this Coach is a complete Idiot.... This guy has no clue on what he is doing. This best thing that could happen for the program is for him to step away.
SouthSider Wrote:Who ever Hired this Coach is a complete Idiot.... This guy has no clue on what he is doing. This best thing that could happen for the program is for him to step away.

Why, what has he dont to make you say that.
Go watch one of his practices....He is incapable.
Some parents can make or break a coach. Sounds like some of them need muzzles. 4 coaches in 5 years or so may be a big part of the problem. Maybe tone down the criticism and focus on supporting the team.

What are they doing or not doing at practice that renders him incapable?
SouthSider Wrote:Go watch one of his practices....He is incapable.

Ok so Im 4 hours away so gonna need a little more than that, but if thats all you got well I think that says something.
I can't stand it any more. He breaks our kids down mentally, and not in a good way. Last night we got two top players hurt and lost 50-6 to Bell Co. He told our boys he knew they couldn't win and he wanted them to learn big boy ball. Its not our kids they give it all they got. He downs them on every thing. I hate we lost players to other schools because of the coach, but I don't blame them for leaving. He even told us the parents he was fired from his last 2 coaching jobs because he can't win. Great thing to tell your new team.
Who is the new coach anyways?
this new Coach is the biggest problem. With the tradition they have at that school it looks like they could find a more suitable coach.
What was up with his clothes at the Bell game? They are horrible. Hard to believe they have fallen off that quick. Where did he come from? Lynn Camp?
Wildcat18 facts are he is the 4th coach since 1996, my math says that is 20yrs
engle 1996-98 hansen -99-2004 engle 2005-2012-dysinger 2013-2015 - Russell 2016 Didn't Southern win just 2 7th grade games last season?
Its going to happen from time to time. Some years the well isn't as deep as others and this may be one of those years.

Sound like his support system is incredible. (insert eye roll here)
4 pete's sake Wrote:Wildcat18 facts are he is the 4th coach since 1996, my math says that is 20yrs
engle 1996-98 hansen -99-2004 engle 2005-2012-dysinger 2013-2015 - Russell 2016 Didn't Southern win just 2 7th grade games last season?

I was under the assumption that Coach Wooldridge split duties with Dysinger during his tenure. Is that not a true assumption? That would be 4 coaches in the past 5 years.
Dysinger was the head coach, There has only been 6 head coaches in school history since 87 smith was first then boone then the ones i listed above. A young coach who wants to be there is being beat up on by parents who have sour grapes, Losing numbers is false they actually have raised numbers since school opened they have over 50 players. Are they where they have been in the past? NO, but remember Engle and his staff only won 1 game in 2006 then they went on to build a powerhouse.
4 pete's sake Wrote:Dysinger was the head coach, There has only been 6 head coaches in school history since 87 smith was first then boone then the ones i listed above. A young coach who wants to be there is being beat up on by parents who have sour grapes, Losing numbers is false they actually have raised numbers since school opened they have over 50 players. Are they where they have been in the past? NO, but remember Engle and his staff only won 1 game in 2006 then they went on to build a powerhouse.

Makes sense now. I was under the assumption that Coach Wooldridge did all the behind the scenes work and they split head coaching duties between grades. My mistake. Sour grapes can take a toll on any coach. Parents need to buckle up and get behind the program no matter who is at the helm. Parents can make or break a program. In reality, they're just hurting their own kids and most don't realize it.
A lot issues are being taught the wrong way starting at the youth level. The basics fundamentals, blocking, tackling, and other things are an issue. This has been going on for a bit. Parents their as well are complaining. Sour grapes, a new coach, can leave a bad taste. Sometimes a parent wants the best for their kid before giving anyone a chance. But if the you're not teaching or coaching correctly it should be addressed.
Looks like this guy will be put out of his misery Saturday October 8th....let the hiring process begin
He might leave before the 8th. LSU AD was at Southern Middle on Monday and offered him the Tigers job. He has to let them know by Saturday. I hope he stays but wouldn't blame him for leaving.
Looks like Southern surpassed LSU's offer and Coach Scooter Russell will be a Warrior again next year! But I will say this Southern sure did miss Dalton Hueling this year.
Team seemed very unorganized and the coach seems like he's trying hard but did a lot of things on offense but it seemed like there was a lot of confusion from the players in the games I saw this year.
I think the biggest problem with southern right now is that a some of the kids from there have transferred to other schools in the county. Give it time and leave one guy in place for a couple years and it will all balance back out. IMHO.
SW needs some work for sure.
Scooter Russell needs to be Fired... The administration will now be held liable for his future actions. The parents have voice their opinion and have been ignored. This was a not a hire because of he was best qualified to represent SMS. He was hired because he has family in the administration.
I would like to see the Principal or AD observe his antics during the practices or one of the games and say " That is our Guy and we support him 100%.."
SouthSider Wrote:Scooter Russell needs to be Fired... The administration will now be held liable for his future actions. The parents have voice their opinion and have been ignored. This was a not a hire because of he was best qualified to represent SMS. He was hired because he has family in the administration.
I would like to see the Principal or AD observe his antics during the practices or one of the games and say " That is our Guy and we support him 100%.."

Whats specifically has he done?
Pages: 1 2