Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leading the Crowd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have read quite a few posts discussing how lame a squad looked at a ballgame the night before because they didn't perform the hardest stunts. Well, cheerleaders are supposed to lead cheers! And lead the crowd. We are not there to show everyone how short our skirts are or how fast we can shake it.

IMO, extensions with signs are ideal for a ballgame. Dancing to the band's pep tunes is fun for the whole crowd. Actually yelling and cheering on your team is the whole point of us being there!! So why don't you perform your school song instead of that difficult stunt sequence that could get someone hurt. (stray b-balls, water on the floor, not paying attention)

What you do for competition should be practiced in your gym at your scheduled practice time. And doing simple cheers is smart too, because they are easier for the crowd to get involved with you. Good luck to all squads!

:Cheerlead :1:
woooo did you figure that out all by yourself.. you only put this on here b/c people were talking about how the JC cheerleaders wasn't any good at games.. but if it helps make you fell better go you..
Actually you can go back and read. I was taking up for more than just them. And it is my belief that we should do what we are supposed to do at a ballgame. Cheerleaders lead cheers and cheer on their team. It is the hardest sport I know and I am proud to call myself a cheerleader. Most people are only in it for the competition (cough cough).

So don't go telling people why they posted when you really don't know. I have PLENTY of reasons for posting this thread. Good luck to all CHEERLEADERS!! I am proud of everyone this year
hornet_gurl Wrote:woooo did you figure that out all by yourself.. you only put this on here b/c people were talking about how the JC cheerleaders wasn't any good at games.. but if it helps make you fell better go you..

BTW, I am from Pike Central! I have not cheered against Johnson Central yet but I am sure they are a talented squad.

Oh, and good luck against Belfry TongueirateSho
I'm pretty sure the "good luck against belfry" was intended to be smart. Magoffin may have to be almost perfect to beat them, but always remember what happened last year! Smile
No, not intended to be "smart." Everybody always thinks Belfry will win no matter what. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But good luck anyhow. I was trying to be nice.

I remember last year. Close call between great squads. There is a lot of good competition in all divisions this year. I am not downing anyone cause everyone busts their butt to be out there. I know it is a lot of hard work, but if we didn't like it we wouldn't be out there.

I was simply saying that a lot of cheerleaders need to remember why we are there in the first place, and how to act at ballgames. Every squad/coach makes their decision about what to do. I was just saying that maybe if everyone noticed other strengths in other squads, then maybe nothing would get started. GOOD LUCK TO ALL COMPETING SQUADS!!!
And all I was saying was you never know who is going to win..it depends on which squad wants it more, and what the judges on that particular day are looking for. You should never underestimate anyone! and believe me, I know they bust their butts.. I did it for 12 years!
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:No, not intended to be "smart." Everybody always thinks Belfry will win no matter what. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But good luck anyhow. I was trying to be nice.

I remember last year. Close call between great squads. There is a lot of good competition in all divisions this year. I am not downing anyone cause everyone busts their butt to be out there. I know it is a lot of hard work, but if we didn't like it we wouldn't be out there.

I was simply saying that a lot of cheerleaders need to remember why we are there in the first place, and how to act at ballgames. Every squad/coach makes their decision about what to do. I was just saying that maybe if everyone noticed other strengths in other squads, then maybe nothing would get started. GOOD LUCK TO ALL COMPETING SQUADS!!!

The scores were not close last year. I saw them. 10 pt. difference if I'm not mistaken. Not taking anything away from PC or Belfry though. I'm sure they worked hard.
I'm not talking about the points on the judge's score sheets. There were good squads in that division last year. I have never dissed Magoffin and I am not dissing them now. They are a hard working squad. I simply started this thread to encourage everyone to get back to the basics (at games). As much pep and spirit as everyone has on competition day, I think we should show just as much towards our teams.

We as cheerleaders represent our school. So why not put your heart into the game? And give your all to get the crowd chanting along with you? After all, that is what we are there for.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I'm not talking about the points on the judge's score sheets. There were good squads in that division last year. I have never dissed Magoffin and I am not dissing them now. They are a hard working squad. I simply started this thread to encourage everyone to get back to the basics (at games). As much pep and spirit as everyone has on competition day, I think we should show just as much towards our teams.

We as cheerleaders represent our school. So why not put your heart into the game? And give your all to get the crowd chanting along with you? After all, that is what we are there for.

:thumpsup: Well said!!

If a squad wants to show a tough stunt or routine at a game then that is fine! But like you said, it isn't the main reason they are there at the ballgames and if they don't want to risk injury then that is fine too. That is why they have competitions!
Thank you!! I'm glad someone else understands what I was trying to say (nicely).
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I'm not talking about the points on the judge's score sheets. There were good squads in that division last year. I have never dissed Magoffin and I am not dissing them now. They are a hard working squad. I simply started this thread to encourage everyone to get back to the basics (at games). As much pep and spirit as everyone has on competition day, I think we should show just as much towards our teams.

tushae.. *spelled wrong lol*
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Thank you!! I'm glad someone else understands what I was trying to say (nicely).

A lot of times too much is read into people's posts by over sensitive people!
I understand what you're saying, and I never said I didn't agree. However, I was just stating information. There are still alot of posts about last years KAPOS, and it's coming down to the same teams this year.
I do think that squads can work in competition material with crowd leading. I know alot of teams who do the cheer from their 2 1/2 during time outs. Also, at the beginning of games when players are being annouced is a great time to show your fans stunts from the routine.
Central Cheer Chick, if I remember correctly, you left some pretty bad comments about the results of last years kapos on this website.
I have never left anything that I won't deny. I try to be as fair as I can. I was upset, but I was not the only one. For every negative thing I said, I said something else positive. So let's not single people out.

All I was saying was that if some squads do not wish to show their competition material and stick to just leading the crowd, then that is fine. It is their decision and no one else's. I just didn't like seeing everyone getting trashed because they did extensions. Good luck to all squads and I'm proud of everyone Smile