Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Georgia 78 Kentucky 69 OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Hell of a comeback by Georgia.

Crawford finished with 29, tied his career high.
No excuse for blowing a 17 point lead. Nobody played with heart tonight except Joe Crawford. The rebounding was the biggest joke of the year. And I've never seen a team make so much crap as Georgia did tonight. Gaines banked that 3, as the shot clock ran out in OT. That's what kind of night it was.
Played pathetic in the 2nd half. They deserved to lose after blowing a 17 point lead and 13 point halftime lead. Crawford played a pretty solid game with a career high 29 points. They just couldnt execute anything on the offensive end in the OT period. Tough loss for UK and hopefully they can regroup. Congrats UGA.
A dose from Peachland.
Crawford did play a hell of a game, but he disappeared for about the first 12 minutes in the 2nd half. Costly turnovers and piss poor reboundin beat Uk tonight. And yes alfus was right, Georgia made a bunch of BS shots, especially the one in OT when the shot clock run out.
After this, I am done with Kentucky basketball.
half-time adjustments.

Its like they rolled over and over.
mcfan1 Wrote:After this, I am done with Kentucky basketball.

:howdy:
I'll put it this way. Unless Kentucky can really really pull it together from here on out there is no chance of making the NCAA tournament. They at least have to beat Florida once, and win 2 out of the 3 vs. Alabama, Arkansas, and LSU.

Right now that can't happen. They're just playing awful right now, and the defensive rebounding is a joke.
if Tubby cant get them more motivated than what i seen in the 2nd half something is bad wrong.This is an embarassment no other way to put it,no heart ,seem to have no desire to win,no rebounding,and that terrible pass by meeks.Would you come here if you was a top recruit? I know I wouldnt right now.I am calling for Tubbys resignation ( like that means alot ). seriuosly he needs to go.
alfus21 Wrote::howdy:
lets get back on the subject
I agree with alfus as well that they did make alot of crappy shots.
The Fan Wrote:lets get back on the subject

Smile What?
-STAT- Wrote:I agree with alfus as well that they did make alot of crappy shots.

I'd never seen anything like it. They just weren't missing anything, even when we had a guy right in their face.
if somebody else would have put that smiley face waving bye thats what you woulda said or you would have erased there post
mcfan1 Wrote:After this, I am done with Kentucky basketball.
Like a dog back to his own vomit,,hehe you aint going no where.
The Fan Wrote:if somebody else would have put that smiley face waving bye thats what you woulda said or you would have erased there post

Smile No I wouldn't have. I was saying bye to the guy jumping ship. No big deal.
alfus21 Wrote:I'd never seen anything like it. They just weren't missing anything, even when we had a guy right in their face.

Yepp, the Gaines bank shot sticks out the most. But there was one when #42 I think it was, was double teamed down low and just threw it up, and of course it went in. I had never seen so much luck in my life I swear.
The Fan Wrote:if somebody else would have put that smiley face waving bye thats what you woulda said or you would have erased there post
Alfus is the man pal,alfus would not have erased anything he would have waved back,,now back on the subject.Lets be nice and like Fox Sports stresses stay on the topic.
-STAT- Wrote:Yepp, the Gaines bank shot sticks out the most. But there was one when #42 I think it was, was double teamed down low and just threw it up, and of course it went in. I had never seen so much luck in my life I swear.

Yeah, and there's a lot more than those two shots is what's sad.

Sometimes that's just how it is.
And when its like that, its difficult for a team that works so hard on defense and sometime struggle on the offensive end to win.
Horrible 2nd half showing from the Cats. Crawford was the only one that showed up in the 2nd and he couldn't do it on his own. Gains just absolutley took over the final minutes of the game, and OT. UK couldn't come up with any rebounds what so ever, when it matterd most. The thing that got me most was that nobody would help out the man that was getting trapped, that just ran up and down me. Congrats Bulldogs!
Go ahead say all you want, I know it is hard to win on the road in the SEC, but when you have a 14 point lead with the ball with 12 minutes left, and you loose. Some of UK's offensive sets thay just stood around, no movement, no screens, just standing. And another thing SHERAY THOMAS IS TERRIBLE, what is he doing in the game, he played entirely the whole 2nd half; my only guess is he is Tubby's illegitimate son. Face it people, the program is going to the dogs.
mcfan1 Wrote:Go ahead say all you want, I know it is hard to win on the road in the SEC, but when you have a 14 point lead with the ball with 12 minutes left, and you loose. Some of UK's offensive sets thay just stood around, no movement, no screens, just standing. And another thing SHERAY THOMAS IS TERRIBLE, what is he doing in the game, he played entirely the whole 2nd half; my only guess is he is Tubby's illegitimate son. Face it people, the program is going to the dogs.

I can admit it was an awful game, and the offense wasn't there in the 2nd half. It was there in the 1st, and funny how when they do good it's the players that get the credit, and when they do bad it's Coach Smith's fault despite the fact is screaming his lungs out for them to move. Thomas didn't play good tonight, but neither did Perry, and Stevenson dropped 4 easy passes in the 1st half alone.

The season isn't over yet, and I know it's just getting to the hard part of the schedule, but until it's over I'm not giving up. Kentucky can still pull out some big wins. They have to beat Vandy on the road, and beat Florida once, and like I said win 2 out of 3 vs. Bama, Arkansas, and LSU. This season isn't over yet, and a lot can happen.
blackcat_student Wrote:Horrible 2nd half showing from the Cats. Crawford was the only one that showed up in the 2nd and he couldn't do it on his own. Gains just absolutley took over the final minutes of the game, and OT. UK couldn't come up with any rebounds what so ever, when it matterd most. The thing that got me most was that nobody would help out the man that was getting trapped, that just ran up and down me. Congrats Bulldogs!

Crawford didn't show up in the second half til late. Like I said earlier, he disappeared like the first 12 minutes of the second half after playin a great 1st half. But you are right, as a team the looked like hell run over.
mcfan1 Wrote:Go ahead say all you want, I know it is hard to win on the road in the SEC, but when you have a 14 point lead with the ball with 12 minutes left, and you loose. Some of UK's offensive sets thay just stood around, no movement, no screens, just standing. And another thing SHERAY THOMAS IS TERRIBLE, what is he doing in the game, he played entirely the whole 2nd half; my only guess is he is Tubby's illegitimate son. Face it people, the program is going to the dogs.
Agree tubby is making the program going to the dogs
baseballfan Wrote:Agree tubby is making the program going to the dogs

It looks bad right now, but like I said. Still 10 games left. A lot can happen in that time period and with the way the SEC has been this year I'm being patient. No excuse for last season, so don't think I'm saying that but go look at the SEC scores and you'll see how wacky it really is.

If we finish 4-6 from here on out, things could get ugly. But 5-5 from here would be good considering the look of the remaining schedule.
I just don't see them beating Florida, they will have a hard enough time keepin it respectable IMO. Remember what I said at the beginnin of the season alfus, they turn the ball over like they did early in the season and again tonight, they will be lucky to finish .500 in the conference. I'm not givin up on em either, but facts are facts, turnovers and bad decisions are gonna kill em.
alfus21 Wrote:It looks bad right now, but like I said. Still 10 games left. A lot can happen in that time period and with the way the SEC has been this year I'm being patient. No excuse for last season, so don't think I'm saying that but go look at the SEC scores and you'll see how wacky it really is.

If we finish 4-6 from here on out, things could get ugly. But 5-5 from here would be good considering the look of the remaining schedule.
The teams we play that are coming up, we would be lucky if we win 3 of the remaning games
Pages: 1 2