Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville College is getting a Soccer Team Next Year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the people who usely read the sports section of the newspaper probley have read this, for the rest I shall bring the good news.

And yes by the subject its true, it was Ok'ed that the soccer program can begin in the fall (boys and girls).

Maybe this can open the spot light to the upcoming seniors that would want to play in college, it does me.

Good Day
This would allow more athletes from around here to get scholarships
good idea if u ask me
does anyone know who their coach might be?
they should be pretty solid
who r they recriuting?
But where do they expect to play?
this is a good cahnge for the college i just hope it goes well
"dirty30" Wrote:good idea if u ask me
does anyone know who their coach might be?
I have heard
Marco Pacheco was going to try and apply, and UNFORTUNATLY Calvin Wheat. But i would say it will be someone from out of the area, which would probally be better to keep away corrupted recruting.
"Hurley" Wrote:This would allow more athletes from around here to get scholarships

anywhere else this statement could almost be true...however pikeville college doesnt have a lot of scholarships to divide between all the sports...so i dont see soccer being able to give out many or any full rides for a few years....this is only what i infer though....i could be wrong
agreed EE
Yes, I agree EE, but still...they might be able to offer some schlorships and pay for maybe a lil.....which still if gotton one would be alot better than paying full eh?

Good Day
true statement EE but i think ne scholarship oppurtunities are better than none, its bout time they got a soccer team, we have some good players around here might be good for some of them..
Calvin won't get the job, and Pacheco won't either. I agree they need an outside coach, one who knows the game really well. Pacheco knows it better than alot of people, but personally I don't think he will get it due to other reasons...

They have offered several people scholarships from Pikeville such as... Rangel, Burchfield, Castle, Elkins, Thompson, and Taylor. They were very small scholarships, but indeed, they were scholarships. The only ones I know of that placing their future in Pikeville College is GK Tyler Thompson, and DB Dave Taylor. Other players are playing at colleges such as Union, KCU, and possibly Thomas More, or G-town.

They have also recuited 3 players from Mountain Mission School out of Grundy, VA.

I am glad they are starting a team in Pikeville, and though it will be a rough start because they start out playing teams such as G-town, and National Championship defending team, Lindsay-Wilson. After a few years though, they may be able to pull out a decent record.
Good Luck Bears....
Has anyone heard about Pikeville College getting a Track and Field Team?
there soccer team next year will be below average at best...but come 3 years from now who knows maybe an average team...
"Face2Face" Wrote:Yes, I agree EE, but still...they might be able to offer some schlorships and pay for maybe a lil.....which still if gotton one would be alot better than paying full eh?

Good Day

The soccer fund is limited right now, but some is better that none, I agree. I don't want to talk to much about anyones personal matters, but on AVG....a soccer player going to pikeville college to play is going to get anywhere from $1500 to $2000 at most. It all depends on ability, and other money matters.