Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulley withdraws, but will return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky backup quarterback Curtis Pulley has temporarily withdrawn from school and will sit out next season before returning to the Wildcats, coach Rich Brooks said Saturday.

Pulley, a speedster who was beaten out by pocket-passer Andre Woodson for the starting job last fall, will redshirt the 2007 season but return to Kentucky for 2008.

Brooks had already discussed redshirting Pulley for next season because Woodson, whose 31 touchdown passes ranks third on the Wildcats' all-time single-season list, is entrenched as the starter. Pulley has indicated he wants to remain a quarterback rather than switch positions.

Pulley also played wide receiver and special teams, besides spelling Woodson under center. The preseason competition between the two went down to the week before the season opener, and Pulley was ranked ahead of Woodson on the depth chart in the spring.

Pulley played in all 13 games in 2006, completing 8-of-14 passes for 72 yards. He rushed 23 times for 124 yards, caught 21 passes for 201 yards and one touchdown, and blocked two kicks on special teams. He would have two years of eligibility remaining if he returns in 2008.

Also Saturday, Brooks announced two additions - and one alteration - to his coaching staff.

Larry Brinson, who has coached running backs for 23 years under Ken Hatfield at Air Force, Arkansas, Clemson and Rice, will now assume those duties with Kentucky. David Lockwood, who spent five seasons at Minnesota, is the new defensive backs coach, replacing Steve Brown, who was promoted to defensive coordinator.

Brooks also announced that quarterbacks coach Randy Sanders will now serve as recruiting coordinator.
Hes pretty good as a WR, and is quick as lightning.
I think Curtis made a good decision.
Gotta do what you gotta do!
blackcat_student Wrote:I think Curtis made a good decision.

I agree.
So whos the back up this year? Fieldier or Hartline? I love for it to be Feildier(gotta show some love for my ky boys)