Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bobby Perry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First things first,,Bobby Perry is a good athelete.If he makes a good play he turns around and has a bad play every time.As i am writing he just hit a three to put the cats within 1.Bobby Perry just threw the ball away,,see what I mean.I wont miss him despite the fact is he has had some good moments.I quess he helps the Cats but his mistakes always cancels them out.:ChairHit:
So true old School Dawg and I agree 100%!
Yeah I agree as well. But he usually makes more bad plays than good plays. But he always plays tough.
He sucks. I have never liked Perry, yeah he has had some bright moments but has had way more piss poor moments. He makes some of the most boneheaded mistakes, right up there with Bradley. Tubby's style of play doesn't help much either, that's one of the main reasons noone wants to come play for UK anymore. Although I have alot respect for Perry because he plays 110% every time he is out on the floor, he just makes to many mistakes.
I do put alot myself into any player that gives his all and Perry does that.If he didnt, he would be playing at some community college somewhere.
-He isn't UK material...
Well, you hear the phrase "victim of circumstance", and he is just the opposite. Tubby LOVES players like Bobby Perry. For whatever reason. Perry, Sheray Thomas, etc. Guys that couldnt have walked on at UK 8 or 10 years ago. But he has reaped the benefits of playing for a coach that loves him and a coach that doesnt care that he's soft and turns the ball over. Perfect fit.
Bobby showed he could play last year in the NCAA tournament. If not for him last season UK would have had a 1st round exit, and if not for him showing up against UCONN it would have been a humiliating loss. He can play, but he's just now showing it this season. I don't know what is going on with him but if he gets his confidence going we will see the side of him we saw last season in the NCAA's when he put up 45 points, 14 rebounds, and made 24-24 free-throws.
Hopefully it comes soon!
They say that Bobby Perry is the best pure shooter on the team, sure doesn't show it. But no matter what he will never be as bad as Sheray Thomas.
I watched him at practice earlier in the year and he didn't miss. They can't make a good run without him I don't think.
mcfan1 Wrote:They say that Bobby Perry is the best pure shooter on the team, sure doesn't show it. But no matter what he will never be as bad as Sheray Thomas.

Good time to say that, since Thomas played great yesterday.
Yeah he might have played great yesterday, but you cant judge a player just by one game. He hasnt had a great season this year, or a great career for that matter.
-STAT- Wrote:Yeah he might have played great yesterday, but you cant judge a player just by one game. He hasnt had a great season this year, or a great career for that matter.

I know that, but he hasn't done anything to hurt UK in quite some time this season. He plays a lot harder than most people on the court and it showed yesterday.

He hasn't had a great career, but I assume most people wouldn't after going through the medical problems he did before last season.
alfus21 Wrote:I know that, but he hasn't done anything to hurt UK in quite some time this season. He plays a lot harder than most people on the court and it showed yesterday.

He hasn't had a great career, but I assume most people wouldn't after going through the medical problems he did before last season.

True, I never did think about the medical problems he has been through since he has been at UK. That has taken a big toll on him.
What all has Thomas been through?
He had a large tumor removed from his adrenal gland before last season started.
"Sheray Thomas had surgery in October to remove a tennis-ball sized tumor on his adrenal gland and lost nearly 40 pounds due to post-surgery nausea."