Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Minimum number of games qualifying for KYMSAa Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to clarify, what is the minimum number of games played required to be eligible for the KYMSFA playoffs for 7th and 8th grades respectively?? I hear the cutoff for W/L submission is 9/22. I understand the JCPS schedule for 8th has 8 games with 2 coming AFTER 9/22.
I'm assuming the JCPS only rotates their games among Louisville schools, correct? Do they schedule anyone from outside of Louisville?
Qualifying
•Teams must play a minimum of 8 games in D1, D2 and D3 games to qualify and a minimum of 5 games in 7th grade to be eligible to qualify for the playoffs.
As a JCPS coach I can tell you that the way our schedule is done is we are given 8 games within our conference (all JCPS teams) and are allowed to fill two more games with whoever we want. All of our scheduled games are on Saturdays so to get the other two games will be played on 9/3 or during week to hit the number of 8 for varsity qualification.
Do any of the Division-1 Louisville schools need games?
What are the dates for the playoffs and championship weekend? Anyone know if those are set in stone yet?
Wildcat18 Wrote:What are the dates for the playoffs and championship weekend? Anyone know if those are set in stone yet?

I can email it to you if you need it.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I can email it to you if you need it.

Send them on if you don't care. Trying to schedule business trips that may arise around that time.