Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dickie V
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like him or not, he is one of the more influential individuals in the history of College Basketball. The one thing he strives on is student athletes staying all 4 years of College and graduating and earning their degree. I was watching a piece on Lebron James during one of his high school games and Dickie V was broadcasting and he said that he told Lebron "surround yourself with people that really care about you". Vitale is one of those people that really cares about these kids, not only as outstanding athletes with the god given talent, but he also cares about the education of these kids and he proves it all the time you see him on ESPN. I have alot of respect for this man and he is one of my role models in life. Just wanted to see what everyone else's thoughts and inputs were about Mr. Vitale.
Anyone?
Yea Dickie V is AWESOME BABY!!! Except he is in love with Duke.... but yes is is very influential in college as well as all levels of basketball
He is great for the game. But, talkes to much about the ACC.
The man is inlove with College Basketball and yes he loves the ACC. But, he is a GREAT for the sport. He is very influential and a pioneer to these kids now days. I love to watch any game he broadcast. He just makes the game more exciting.
Theres times I really love what he says, and theres times I cannot stand him, even though he does help the game. I cannot wait till he is in Lexington for the Florida game.
blackcat_student Wrote:Theres times I really love what he says, and theres times I cannot stand him, even though he does help the game. I cannot wait till he is in Lexington for the Florida game.

HAHA, yea im trying to get tickets to that game!!
by far my fav sports announcer of all time...
Cant stand listening to him at all especially when Duke is playing.
Not a big fan of Vitale. I like analysts such as Len Elmore and Bill Rafferty. My favorite ESPN broadcast team is Sean McDonough, Jay Bilas, and Rafferty.
lol i hate hearing rafferty.
Either you love him or hate him. And well, I HATE BILLY PACKER!!!!
Yeah I hate Packer just about as much as he hates UK
Was is Rupp in 92 season when Pitt beat UK (the Unforgettables) out of the preseason NIT. Dicky v. was there and after the game, as the remaining crowd was going down to sit in the lower chairs and listen to Pitino do the post game, DV as ltalking to the crowd and throwing his arms up and shouting. I can't believe it baby----I just can't believe it. This sweet lookin little old lady next to me (had to be in her 70s or 80s) stood up and yelled "Go back to Dee-troit you son of a *****" The look on his face was priceless
LOL, But you know that is why Vitale loves Kentucky so much is because he knows how important basketball is to this state! He knows it is a way of life!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL, But you know that is why Vitale loves Kentucky so much is because he knows how important basketball is to this state! He knows it is a way of life!

Yepp, agreed.
I think if you are a basketball fan then you have to agree that Dickie V is college basketball!
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Cant stand listening to him at all especially when Duke is playing.
He talks about Duke when they are not playing.