Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Virginia Tech 94 North Carolina 88
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) -- Zabian Dowdell, Jamon Gordon and ball-hawking Virginia Tech didn't allow North Carolina to enjoy its stay at No. 1 for very long, holding off a strong comeback in the last eight minutes for a stunning 94-88 upset Saturday
:letsparty :letsparty :letsparty
Wow, the last time I seen the score VT was up 70-48. Congrats to Va-Tech and thank you for holding on to the lead! lol, heard it was the first time since NC State to beat UNC and Duke in the same week.
Congrats Tech but now shocked!
-STAT- Wrote:Wow, the last time I seen the score VT was up 70-48. Congrats to Va-Tech and thank you for holding on to the lead! lol, heard it was the first time since NC State to beat UNC and Duke in the same week.

5 years ago, right?
But how many times since then has a team had to play both in the same week? Prob. not too many. And, TECHnically, our wins came in diff. weeks, as the Duke game was on Sat., also.

It was Tech's 1st win against a #1 in 20 years - we beat 13-0 Memphis (w/ Keith Lee) back in the Metro days. That game was the 1st night back (a Monday) after X-mas break and the Tigers had only been #1 for like a day. Today, some of the kids were moving back in - classes don't start back until Tuesday - meaning Tech didn't offer as many student tickets as usual (if they set aside any).

And, it seems like Tech only played host to a #1 one other time in the past 20 years - when Marcus Camby & U-Mass came down around 97 or so.
Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two big wins for VT this week! I love it!