Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hitler grew great roses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is reported that Jesus said the Father in heaven "causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good" and he "sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." As a result, if Hitler and Billy Graham plant a rose bush, Hitler's rose is just as red. To me, a democracy allowing same sex marriage as a provision of equal protection under the law is not so different from the universal graces of God. Hitler sought to exterminate the Jewish race, yet his rose bush thrived, not because God approved of Hitler's choices, but because of his universal gifts of sun and rain. I think equal protection under the law a Constitutional form of a universal grace, not an approval of homosexuality.
I personally feel that, as Christians, we need to lead by example and not by finger pointing. If someone is in the wrong, then God will convict them and use others as a tool by how they live their life.

Christians typically shoot their wounded. That is one sin that I will never have to answer.
Hitler would have also gassed homosexuals.

I don't care if your on the homo side or church side, the simple fact is the Supreme Court did not have any justification for legalizing same sex marriage. This was a voter issue and no right were infringed upon as marriage as a law stated to be between one man and one woman. There is no blurred lines and they have no rights in states that didn't want to legalize it.
The liberal justices who passed this should have been kicked off the Supreme Court or tried for treason. They have no valid argument as to why they could do this other than doing exactly what a judge isn't supposed to do, and that's let the personal feelings outweigh the judicial feelings. As Scalia said, it shouldn't have even been taken as a case.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hitler would have also gassed homosexuals.

I don't care if your on the homo side or church side, the simple fact is the Supreme Court did not have any justification for legalizing same sex marriage. This was a voter issue and no right were infringed upon as marriage as a law stated to be between one man and one woman. There is no blurred lines and they have no rights in states that didn't want to legalize it.
The liberal justices who passed this should have been kicked off the Supreme Court or tried for treason. They have no valid argument as to why they could do this other than doing exactly what a judge isn't supposed to do, and that's let the personal feelings outweigh the judicial feelings. As Scalia said, it shouldn't have even been taken as a case.

:truestory:
The point is, that universal grace makes no distinction between a same sex person or a straight person...sun shines, rain falls, freedom of conscience granted.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The point is, that universal grace makes no distinction between a same sex person or a straight person...sun shines, rain falls, freedom of conscience granted.

Confusedtare:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hitler would have also gassed homosexuals.

God set up the institution of marriage in Genesis. Marriage between the very first man to ever set foot upon the earth, (Adam) and the very first woman (Eve). Last I checked, Supreme Court Justices are mere mortal men and women. Therefore they are just another part of creation, or "another brick in the wall," if you prefer Pink Floyd. And as such, they are subject to God's law. Therefore I hardly think they have the authority to pass laws which overturn those of God Almightty, who I am going to say does not have a problem with self expression and probably got it right when He put that in the Bible. :biggrin:
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The point is, that universal grace makes no distinction between a same sex person or a straight person...sun shines, rain falls, freedom of conscience granted.

The weather has nada to do with the grace of God. Grace for the record applies exclusively and only to the state of redemption. Redemption applies exclusively and only to those who repent of their sins and accept the Lord Jesus as their Savior.
Take it up with Jesus, as he posited that the sun and rain were his and he granted them to righteous and unrighteous, just and unjust.
By the way, these are often spoken of as the "general" or "universal" grace of God...pretty much common and accepted nomenclature.
http://www.bridgesh.com/2011/12/what-is-common-grace/

Before unpacking this concept, I must explain that the concept of “common grace” must be viewed through a Biblical lens while keeping these two truths in mind:
  • The complete and faultless sovereignty of God over everything.
  • The complete depravity of every human being.

“Common grace is the term applied to those general blessings which God imparts to all men and women indiscriminately as He pleases, not only to His own people (Christians), but to all men and women, according to His own will”.

let's not take "Gods Will" and try to interpret outselves. God's will, or stance on such items as homosexuality and the meaning of marriage is CLEARLY stated in scripture.
Stardust Wrote:http://www.bridgesh.com/2011/12/what-is-common-grace/

Before unpacking this concept, I must explain that the concept of “common grace” must be viewed through a Biblical lens while keeping these two truths in mind:
  • The complete and faultless sovereignty of God over everything.
  • The complete depravity of every human being.

“Common grace is the term applied to those general blessings which God imparts to all men and women indiscriminately as He pleases, not only to His own people (Christians), but to all men and women, according to His own will”.

let's not take "Gods Will" and try to interpret outselves. God's will, or stance on such items as homosexuality and the meaning of marriage is CLEARLY stated in scripture.

The point is not what God approved here, is it? It is what he allows, namely freedom of conscience, and that his universal graces flow to just and unjust, good and evil, in the present dispensation, so to speak. The disciples wanted to sort the net. Christ enjoined otherwise, and said good and bad fish would exist together until the end. While in this parable, the "net" is the Gospel, it does suggest something of the Mind of Christ about human beings very limited ability to serve as arbiters of mercy and grace.