Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michael Bush Turns Pro!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The news was first reported by ESPN.com's Pat Forde, who also reported that Louisville has agreed to terms with Tulsa coach Steve Kragthorpe on a five-year deal to replace Bobby Petrino.

"I loved my time here at U of L, but I think it's time for me to move on," Bush told reporters.

Bush said coach Bobby Petrino's decision to leave the team was a factor in his decision. Petrino resigned Sunday to become head coach of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons.

"When coach Petrino signed that deal, I didn't really want to play with nobody else," he said.

Bush was touted as a Heisman Trophy candidate this season after running for 1,143 yards and an NCAA-leading 23 touchdowns as a junior in 2005. He ran for 128 yards and three touchdowns in little over a half against Kentucky, but broke his right leg after being tackled by Kentucky linebacker Wesley Woodyard early in the third quarter.

Bush told reporters last month that his rehabilitation was going well, though he continues to walk with a slight limp and has yet to begin running.

"I had concerns if I came back, maybe if I had got hurt again next year, could I live out my dream of playing at the next level," he said Tuesday.

The Cardinals went 12-1 this season, winning the Big East title and the Orange Bowl. Louisville junior quarterback Brian Brohm has yet to announce whether he will return to the Cardinals next season.

Bush said he's heard from NFL personnel that he could go sometime between the first and third rounds. He is planning to spend the next few months rehabbing the leg in Arizona in hopes of being able to run for NFL scouts prior to April's draft.

"If I can't run in March, maybe I fall to the third," Bush said. "That is a chance I am willing to take."
Well good luck to him, He should go high in the draft
I reported this information about 2 hours before this thread was started on the UofL Coach thread.
I hope the steelers get him
BIGBLACK Wrote:I reported this information about 2 hours before this thread was started on the UofL Coach thread.
Gaww Its ok, No Reason to get upset about it
RivalsKing Wrote:Gaww Its ok, No Reason to get upset about it

Not upset. I'm glad we can all read one of your posts. I figured that you would've said something like this "No need 4 u 2 b piss off man. Its aight."
What is the big deal..Who cares!
Would have like to seen him wait another year
Best of luck to Bush in his NFL career.
He will be a great third down back. Should be a solid pick by any team.
Just one less headache for my Mountaineers.We get them in Morgantown next year but I havnt forgot that Louisville had WVU beat last year too but gave up 6 or 7 straight TD,s.Of course I am counting the overtimes.
I don't think Bush really had a choice and is an unfortunate situation! You have to take the money while you can instead of risking the same injury to where no team would take a player where a player tore the ACL twice! The best of luck Michael Bush as I have enjoyed watching you and your punishing style of play!
Good luck to ya Michael. He will be a great pick for alot of teams, hopefully he can get that broken leg back to 100%.
no one in Louisville really thought Michael was gonna stay... he broke his leg in two places and we knew he was just trying to get healthy for the combine, which isn't likely actually. but he is attending some mini camps for certain teams (whom, I do not know) and working out with them. He still walks with a pretty significant limp but he should be good in a little while... look out for 19 year old senior Amobi Okoye in the draft... he is an amazing DT, he had 3 sacks in the 1st quarter of the Orange Bowl.. he's good

btw L'Ville did beat WVU without Michael this year... and apparently its not as hard to win in Morgantown as everyone lets on i.e. USF... LOL... but I hope Michael goes and plays with my Colts and helps out my boy Joseph Addai!! (i know, wishful thinking, but maybe other teams will let him drop that far.. lol)
WVU did defeat the team from New Jersey that gave Louisville their only blemish of the year. If not for several turnovers, stupid mistakes, and Slayton going out early and not 100% when he returned, that WVU team beats UofL convincingly.
Woulda shoulda coulda..IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Every team who loses can say that in every sport, in every game..If we would have done this or that..We wouldn't have lost...Bush would be a great fit in Pittsburgh since they didn't do so well without there big back such as they had in Bettis..!
I don't believe I was talking to you Playboy. Cardsfan27 is trying to make Louisville out to be a lot better than they actually are. They struggled against more teams this year than they blew out; Cincy, KState, Rutgers, WVU, and the worst ACC champion I've ever seen Wake Forrest.
And your team is West Va?
sorry to get you so riled up BIGBLACK... my post was just to add a little humor hince the "LOL"... I know WVU was good, I saw them in person, but it wasn't like our QB was 100% either... but I can't wait till next year, i'm not sure if I am gonna go up to MOrgantown though, its quite a ways away
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And your team is West Va?

No
It sounded like you were making fun that USF defeated WVU in Morgantown. Morgantown has to be a tough place to play, they did defeat Louisville in Morgantown in 2005, so it has to be a tough place to play.
The_Pistol Wrote:Would have like to seen him wait another year

Me too, but money talks, and you can't blame him at all. Good luck Bush.
They should be a lot of trick plays ran with him on any team. He coulda played qb at Uk. Bad news for the cards, Good news for my cats.