Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Petrino to the Falcons!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700... thats the link from ESPN the news... I know a few of the players and I may know more than what the official information says.
The news is final... he just announced it to the team about 20 minutes ago. I have no news on who is going to replace him though...
WOW..Called this one!!! Was thinking the Dolphins though..That will hurt Louisville with Brohm/Bush's decision to turn pro..Bet they both are goners now along with others!!!
yeah, this surprised me too...I thought he would go to Miami as well, but it will be interesting to see how he will play out with Vick though
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:WOW..Called this one!!! Was thinking the Dolphins though..That will hurt Louisville with Brohm/Bush's decision to turn pro..Bet they both are goners now along with others!!!
no, Michael is pretty much leaving, he just hasnt said it yet, but Brian is pretty much staying... he has already told the team that, but hasn't made an official announcement yet. A few of my friends who are on the team said that Coach P cried while he was trying to tell them the news, but they said as soon as he walked in the door they knew he was gone
The Governor Cup is ours in '07!
cardinalfan27 Wrote:no, Michael is pretty much leaving, he just hasnt said it yet, but Brian is pretty much staying... he has already told the team that, but hasn't made an official announcement yet. A few of my friends who are on the team said that Coach P cried while he was trying to tell them the news, but they said as soon as he walked in the door they knew he was gone
With Vick at QB, a coach's job is never safe. He runs the ball a few games, then throws the ball a few more. He is unpredictable and he does not work with the system, he makes his own and it makes the coach look bad because the coach is blamed for not running the ball enough when he struggles passing, and not passing enough when they struggle running. I would not want Vick on my team at QB, maybe RB or WR.
WOW!!! Must have had to pay a bunch to get him out of his UL contract!
I think Louisville's big 3 (Bush, Brohm, Mario U.) will make the leap the the NFL. Brian said after the game his return looks promising, but now that his head coach is gone I think he'll opt out of his senior year...always come back to college, but one bad injury could ruin his chance at millions. Bush should be fine, scouts know what he's capable of....but if any of the 3 come back I think Mario will. His dropped pass number during the season might hurt his chances of going early in April's draft.
ummm Mario is a sophomore so he will be... the players told me they were going clubbin tonight to celebrate... and I know a lot of them didnt like Coach P. but I'm wondering how many coaches he will take with him
blackcat_student Wrote:The Governor Cup is ours in '07!

:rockon: :1:
Hmm...wonder if anybody in the Brohm family is taking over the Louisville job?
if they wanna keep Brian, they better throw Jeff in there..FOR A YEAR ANYWAY, lol!
most people would rather have Cantwell play anyway... im more worried about the recruiting class staying rather than Brohm
Looks like a rough year to come for the Cards....

Governors cup may finally come back to Lexington in 2007 !!!!!!
Wow, very surprised that he left L'ville. But he does have some NFL experience as he was the offensive coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars in '01. Hope everything works out for him, but as recent history shows, it might not.
Word is that Tulsa's head coach is the front runner for the job
Heard that today....a source of mine from Louisville said in their school's paper that Brohm will have to rethink his decision of returning to the team....those words were reportedly from his father after an interview last night.
there are 4 people up for the job as of right now... I can't pry the names from my sources... but even if L'ville loses Brohm we have a great backup in Cantwell, I mean he is better than some of the starters in NCAA. They basically have the same team though, the senior lineman are being replaced by a very good redshirt class. So its not like L'ville is losing everything, Anthony Allen, Cantwell, Carmody, Peanut, Mario, Douglas, the majority of the O line and special teams will be back. The one thing that will take a hit is the defensive line and secondary, and we lost the Defensive coordinator, Coach Wolfe (went with Petrino to Atl.)
If I was him I would have done the same thing
Is Mario U. a redshirt soph. this past season? If he is then that will make him eligible for the NFL draft since you have to be 3yrs out of college to declare for it.
yeah, I just found that out. I thought Mario was a true soph. but he is a rshirt. A lot of the boys are saying they want to transfer schools but aren't going to make decisions until they know who the new coach is
The new coach has been announced. Tulsa's coach was named the new coach earlier today according to a press release. I wonder if all the boys will still want to leave after he meets with the team? The bottom looks like it may be ready to fall out of the Cardinal program.
Greed greed remember what happened to John L Smith when he left Louisville for Michigan State How many millions does people have to have to be satisfied.I always thought one would be enough for me.Nobody is complaining for Petrino leaving