Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Cheerleaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do u think they got what it takes??
or will it be second place at nationals once again??:Cheerlead
ah . there pretty good .. not the best .. needs more facials if you ask me .. ive just seen just a couple doing them and there mounts are really good .. but needs more diffculty .. ive seen better .. but i think maybe second i think they will be better squads down there so def. i dont think first
-
bms varsity cheerleader TongueirateSho
I have seen Pikeville cheerleading squads for countless years and, let me tell you something, they may need more facials in spots, but it is hard to get pumped for a competition when you have no competition. Let's face it, the 15th region is catching up to the panthers in the cheerleading category, but they are far from caught up! The panthers have brought home several national titles.... how many have come to the rest of the region?

I am proud to be from Eastern Kentucky and even more proud to turn on ESPN and see Pikeville girls getting recognition with the best of the nation. Their creative stunts and strong tumbling will keep everyone else on their toes.... if they don't come home with a national title, it will be their own doing. Jeanie Stone and Lisa Wheeler are class acts.... my hats off to you both! Bring another championship (or two) home to the mountains!!!!

:letsparty
PIKEVILLE CHEERLEADERS RULE!!!!!

i love them all!
=]

-don don.
Although they may never have competition in the region, it was a rather snotty thing to say. Just makes Pikeville look snoody.
I'm not from Pikeville! The facts are the facts!
Congrats Pikeville White! National Champs!!
Obviously we did...We won...
I thought that they looked GREAT at Mountain Classic yesterday when they did a showcase performance! I mean, they won a national championship with an incredibly talented team this year..... Why is this even a debate?
good job girls!!! you all were AMAZING @ nationals!!!:1:
PHS95 Wrote:I have seen Pikeville cheerleading squads for countless years and, let me tell you something, they may need more facials in spots, but it is hard to get pumped for a competition when you have no competition. Let's face it, the 15th region is catching up to the panthers in the cheerleading category, but they are far from caught up! The panthers have brought home several national titles.... how many have come to the rest of the region?

I am proud to be from Eastern Kentucky and even more proud to turn on ESPN and see Pikeville girls getting recognition with the best of the nation. Their creative stunts and strong tumbling will keep everyone else on their toes.... if they don't come home with a national title, it will be their own doing. Jeanie Stone and Lisa Wheeler are class acts.... my hats off to you both! Bring another championship (or two) home to the mountains!!!!

:letsparty
Yes it is a great accomplishment. But can we really consider it a national championship when they compete against such a small amount of squads at nationals?
*Pikeville is a superior cheerleading squad, but I think that THERE IS competition in this region. I'm not saying that they will lose, but it's not like the other teams are pathetic. I love watching Pikeville and I used to wish I could've cheered for them (darn city limits) I think they are amazing. They work their butts off and their coaches are brilliant!! But there is a lot of talent in the 15th region and I'm sure some of these squads could also put up a fight at Nationals. Congrats to Pikeville on always doing such a great job and representing Eastern KY so well. you deserve it!!!
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Yes it is a great accomplishment. But can we really consider it a national championship when they compete against such a small amount of squads at nationals?
What do you mean a small amount of squads? The Junior high squad competed against 40 squads (the majority of them graduate more in one class than the whole school at pikeville.)

The varsity squad competed against more htan 60 squads.

The better showing for the junior high squad was at the state Kapos competition where they competed against varsity squads (many 3and 4 A squads and finished in second place.)
Yeah, Pikeville;s really good.,, but they wont be as good this year, because they lost the best ones last year.
Niki Varney[amazing tumbler]
Kristin Little[tumbler and flyer]
Randa McGuire[tumbles and flys]
Mackenzie Little[flys and tumbles]
and countless others.

They have all 6th grade flyers this year, and dont have near as much tumbling as they had last year.
I heard Morgan Curry and Lindsey Akers were working on their fulls tho.

good luck pville.