Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Team ky games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know the schedule for this weekends games in Elizabethtown?
Team Ky 6th grade lost 28-0 to St.Louis
Team Ky 7th beat Nashville 38-0
Team Ky 8th beat Nashville 35-0

Team Ky 6th will play a consolation game Sunday
Team Ky 7th advances onto Atlanta
Team Ky 8th plays St. Louis Sunday at 12:30 winner goes to Atlanta
Did the 8th grade team win
Yes 7th and 8th both are heading to the ATL this weekend.
How did the teams end up or are they still playing ?
They lost second round. People are quick to post wins but not losses.
Looks like champ has been coming out of ATL regional for a while. Any way to really compete??
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Looks like champ has been coming out of ATL regional for a while. Any way to really compete??

North Texas won the 8th grade

Broward Florida won the 7th and 6th grade.

http://www.fbunc.com/
proud44pirate Wrote:They lost second round. People are quick to post wins but not losses.

Lost 10-0 to GFL. Defense held the #1 QB and top 5 WR and RB in the nation to minimal yards. I was impressed by the physicality and athleticism on the defensive side of the ball. Their was definitely some key additions to the defense this year.
8th grade had several players named to the All Tournament team.
proud44pirate Wrote:They lost second round. People are quick to post wins but not losses.

It was the 3rd round, the round of 16.
Defense made a significant improvement, specifically in the secondary. Only down 7-0 in the 4th quarter to the team who played in the national championship game is nothing to hang your head about. Kentucky fought hard and came up short.

With that said, I know a lot of the parents read this. I can't express how frustrated I get when I think about the 36 roster spots that were allowed and after making the final roster choices, parents allow their player to quit and leave a kid who is outside looking in screwed. If you're not willing to commit to the entire experience, do not commit in the first place. I love the kids, but I have very little respect for parents who allow their children to quit after a commitment. In any aspect of life, not just football.

On that topic, the KMSFA needs to implement some type of contract or a rule to allow that kid who didn't make the initial roster to jump in after the deadline for roster submission. Alternate positions are necessary.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:8th grade had several players named to the All Tournament team.
How did the Belfry boys fare?
When a kid gets screwed after practicing a position for 3 weekends and right before the game gets moved just to watch them throw overtop of his replacement, due to coaches trying to push their kid for the all American team, I have no problem with it. Wish they would allow eastern Ky to have their own team. Please put northern Pulaski with the west side if they do. That way they could have good coaching in the west, lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How did the Belfry boys fare?

Belfry boys were great. Birchfield and cook are the epitome of Belfry football. Hard working, hard nosed, and do anything for the team. No doubt they will be studs in high school. Belfry has several other great players in that group as well.
proud44pirate Wrote:When a kid gets screwed after practicing a position for 3 weekends and right before the game gets moved just to watch them throw overtop of his replacement, due to coaches trying to push their kid for the all American team, I have no problem with it. Wish they would allow eastern Ky to have their own team. Please put northern Pulaski with the west side if they do. That way they could have good coaching in the west, lol

Not sure I'm following you here. Like I said the secondary played great. Didn't allow hardly any deep balls and didn't give up a TD in 3 games. Birchfield from belfry was the only DB from Belfry and played great and started all 3 games. The team was loaded with talent this year. Every kid on the 35 man roster will be a big time player in high school. Northern Pulaski didn't have a kid that played in the secondary so I'm not sure how you can say they were pushing one of their kids. Not sure why you're sour over it, but the Belfry players did great.
proud44pirate Wrote:When a kid gets screwed after practicing a position for 3 weekends and right before the game gets moved just to watch them throw overtop of his replacement, due to coaches trying to push their kid for the all American team, I have no problem with it. Wish they would allow eastern Ky to have their own team. Please put northern Pulaski with the west side if they do. That way they could have good coaching in the west, lol
That's funny since Northern Pulaski had 8 kids from their as well as the Head Coach.

I'm assuming you're referring to last season's team. There were no Northern coaches on the defensive side of the ball. There were no Northern players even playing in the secondary, the position group you are referring to. Lastly, I don't blame you for wanting Pulaski as far away from Belfry as possible.
Lucky#45 Wrote:That's funny since Northern Pulaski had 8 kids from their as well as the Head Coach.

The irony of this comment. The one kid that probably missed the cut because of a Belfry player dropping out after rosters were finalized was probably the reason you're here everyday trashing folks about an 'unfair system.'

Northern only had 4 players on the 8th grade team.
Johnson County had 4.
Belfry had 2 (3 originally, 1 quit -- 2nd year in a row a Belfry player has quit).
Taylor County had 2.
South Oldham had 3.
Southern had 1 (2 was offered).

...trying to think of other teams who had multiple selections. I think that distribution between those teams was very fair.
Wildcat18 Wrote:The irony of this comment. The one kid that probably missed the cut because of a Belfry player dropping out after rosters were finalized was probably the reason you're here everyday trashing folks about an 'unfair system.'

Northern only had 4 players on the 8th grade team.
Johnson County had 4.
Belfry had 2 (3 originally, 1 quit -- 2nd year in a row a Belfry player has quit).
Taylor County had 2.
South Oldham had 3.
Southern had 1 (2 was offered).

...trying to think of other teams who had multiple selections. I think that distribution between those teams was very fair.

Boyle, JCTMS, and Owensboro had a couple.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Boyle, JCTMS, and Owensboro had a couple.

Sorry, how many made the team from the 7th grade level from Northern.
Lucky#45 Wrote:Sorry, how many made the team from the 7th grade level from Northern.

I don't know, I had nothing to do with the 7th grade or Northern.
Lucky#45 Wrote:Sorry, how many made the team from the 7th grade level from Northern.

3 were chosen, 1 turned down the opportunity, leaving 2. 1 was invited to try-out at the practice and made the team. 1 more was picked up from his East/West performance. All of them were chosen by the Southern middle coach. Nothing to do with Northern.