Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nick Saban Agrees to Deal with Alabama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Dolphins' coach will be going back to the college ranks after just 2 seasons with the NFL. The former National Championship coach out of LSU should know the recruiting trail well.
Knew he would go back to the SEC.
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT DAY TO BE A BAMA FAN!!!!!! Saban was the perfect fit for the Capstone, and two thumbs up to Mal Moore for not giving up on getting him...perfect, just PERFECT!!!
Cant wait for Auburn to claw there eyes out and then for Tennessee to beat the Crimson out of them, lol..Just kidding bro! You are going to be on a coaching high/low with Saban signing with bama and Cowher leaving your Steelers as expected...
i dont want to think about Cowher leaving right now...really, lol...man thats gonna be a bad day when he steps down...just dont wanna think about it, ive said when he and favre retires, the NFL needs to come up with a holiday to celebrate them, lol
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Cant wait for Auburn to claw there eyes out and then for Tennessee to beat the Crimson out of them, lol..Just kidding bro! You are going to be on a coaching high/low with Saban signing with bama and Cowher leaving your Steelers as expected...
Someone explain to me how a coach can make 40 million dollars... ? Dont get me wrong.. i think its great to get such a talented coach ( Saban went 48-16 in five seasons at LSU, won the 2003 BCS national championship and went 92-42-1 as a college head coach) Im sure theres alot more than that.. Still help me out??? 40 MILLION????
Smile
well when your the Capstone, and you lose to Auburn five years in a row, lose the instate recruiting battle to Auburn, finish 2-6 in the SEC...you go to extreme measures to get a coach who will bring you to your rightful glory...so if he can win us a national championship, then it will be worth every penny of the $32 million they are paying him...Saban is the best available coach out there, and Bama gave him an offer he couldnt refuse...I dont care how much they had to pay him, Im just glad we did...now we can go back to the glory days of pounding Tennessee and Auburn, and competing for a national championship.:thumpsup:
I_AM_MARSHALL Wrote:Someone explain to me how a coach can make 40 million dollars... ? Dont get me wrong.. i think its great to get such a talented coach ( Saban went 48-16 in five seasons at LSU, won the 2003 BCS national championship and went 92-42-1 as a college head coach) Im sure theres alot more than that.. Still help me out??? 40 MILLION????
No doubt he couldnt refuse such an offer.. If someone offered me $32 Mill to leave my job i would to... but still........ and this will start a whole new topic.. why should coaches or players ever be offered that type of money..... do you think they'd stop coaching if every team decided to lower the pay scale.. What would happen if coaches and players only made a $40,000 dollar a year salary.. do you think sports as we know it would be over.. or would the love of the game keep it alive?????
its the nature of the beast...and like I said, if $32 million wins us a national championship, then its worth every penny of it...and another thing, since this is a college thread, it would affect coaching no doubt. However, the love of the college game will always be alive and well because of those players wanting to make that big money on the next level, and have to bust their butts to do it..so thankfully, college football and college sports wont have to worry about that...but no doubt it would affect the pro game..:thumpsup:
I_AM_MARSHALL Wrote:No doubt he couldnt refuse such an offer.. If someone offered me $32 Mill to leave my job i would to... but still........ and this will start a whole new topic.. why should coaches or players ever be offered that type of money..... do you think they'd stop coaching if every team decided to lower the pay scale.. What would happen if coaches and players only made a $40,000 dollar a year salary.. do you think sports as we know it would be over.. or would the love of the game keep it alive?????
Good Argument.. and i agree.. college players see the future picture and would kill to have that once in a lifetime chance... i think there are some at the pro level that would still be the players they are today.. money or not.... however.. money does SPEAK LOUDLY
yeah, can you see T.O's cryin ass busting it for $40,000? Case closed.
I_AM_MARSHALL Wrote:Good Argument.. and i agree.. college players see the future picture and would kill to have that once in a lifetime chance... i think there are some at the pro level that would still be the players they are today.. money or not.... however.. money does SPEAK LOUDLY
Not helping UK any! haha, stay at Miami!
Sorry pal..Traded in the sun for football glory!

SValley Fan

Well He did get LSU a championship so id say in a few years Alabama will be real good