Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boise State, Split National Championship??? Your Thoughts!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Boise State finishes the season undefeated. Do they deserve a share of the National Championship? After this, do we go to a playoff system?
They deserve a shot so yes I think that there should be a playoff. But they won't get a share of the Championship.
They don't deserve a share, sadly, but it does almost force the NCAA to think about a playoff system in the back of their mind. 2nd time in 3 seasons that a non BCS conference team has won a BCS Bowl game. Both finished undefeated (Utah 2005 & Boise State 2007)
Tomcat68 Wrote:They don't deserve a share, sadly, but it does almost force the NCAA to think about a playoff system in the back of their mind. 2nd time in 3 seasons that a non BCS conference team has won a BCS Bowl game. Both finished undefeated (Utah 2005 & Boise State 2007)

Good point Tomcat. And remember who the coach of that 2005 Utah team was, that's right, present Florida head coach Urban Meyer who's team is playing in the BCS National Championship next week.
And that is what makes the bowl system and the BCS such a joke.
but if they did have a playoff then teams like UK would have been sitting at the house.

Boise did all you can do, they ran the table, but they dont have every commentator on ESPN crying at the end of the season that they should play the buckeyes.

I hope that Michigan and their cry baby fans watched this game tonight so that they could see what heart desire and spirit with a will to win can acheive.

Boise baby!!!!!
Doc Holliday Wrote:And that is what makes the bowl system and the BCS such a joke.
but if they did have a playoff then teams like UK would have been sitting at the house.

Boise did all you can do, they ran the table, but they dont have every commentator on ESPN crying at the end of the season that they should play the buckeyes.

I hope that Michigan and their cry baby fans watched this game tonight so that they could see what heart desire and spirit with a will to win can acheive.

Boise baby!!!!!

I say they pick the teams that are goin to the playoffs, then still have the annual bowl games for the remaining teams.
They start the first round of the playoffs as the bowl games. Then after the bowl games the following week would be round two. Or take the so called BCS bowls and use them as the 1st round of the playoffs.
Even Urban STILL says that there needs to be some kind of playoff system, and this is after Florida got bumped up over Michigan (deservedly so) last week of the season...No, Boise wont get a share of the national championship and im like you guys, the NCAA HAS to come up with something...why not let all the other teams play their bowl games, then take the BCS teams and form a playoff with them? Nobodys asking for a 16 team playoff (although it would be nice), but they need to do SOMETHING so theres no crying in the end.
Should have a playoff system.
No, they don't deserve a split National Championship.....but we DO need a playoff system.
Do they deserve a split? No they dont

Should there be a playoff? Yes there should
while i was rooting for Boise State because no one felt they deserved to be in BCS bowl game they certainly proved those people wrong. No I do not believe they should share in a national championship becauee I don't think they could have beaten either Ohio State or Florida or USC for that matter. Its high time the NCAA goes to a playoff system for the top 16 teams in the polls. At least then teams would not have to wait a month before they play. The NCAA championships are decided on the hardwood, diamonds and every sport except football. W hat a shame !
Playing a weak schedule does not mean that a team still couldnt be the best.I was thinking of Larry Bird when he was at Indiana State.He led the nation in scoring but we all thought,,well they dont play anybody so hes not that good.well teams are like players.I am not convinced at all they are the best but if Ohio state Loses I would make Boise State Number 1 and I would do it for all the small schools and this might force a playoff system.
No way Boise State is going to split, Louisville should be in front of them in the final rankings IMO.
They did finish undefeated and capped the season off with a BCS Bowl victory over a heavily favored Oklahoma team. If Ohio State beats Florida then I say no they don't deserve a split because of Ohio States shedule was much stronger, BUT if Florida wins, why not split, they would be the ONLY undefeated team left who did win a BCS bowl.
who ever came up with the idea of having ur BCS team play the playoff system and the rest just play their normal bowl games has a great idea maybe he/she should be working for the NCAA
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:who ever came up with the idea of having ur BCS team play the playoff system and the rest just play their normal bowl games has a great idea maybe he/she should be working for the NCAA

That was me :thumpsup:
Come on guys force them into a playoff system,,if Ohio state loses I say vote Boise state.

SValley Fan

No way they Deserve it
Yep. They'd be my #2, or #1 if OSU loses.
BSU should at least get to play OSU!!!! This is why I wish that we had a playoff system instead of the BCS computer garbage.
I agree with TidesHoss32! Let all of the bowls go as scheduled, and since there are 4 BCS bowls now (including the National Title Game), there would be 8 teams in the "BCS Playoff" (or whatever it would be called). It'd be an even amount of teams, so a bracket wouldn't be hard at all to draw up. And every other team would still have their chances on a bowl win. I don't see how that wouldn't work. But what do I know? I'm just a BGR member.
Redneck Wrote:That was me :thumpsup:

i love the idea maybe the ncaa needs to get on here they would get some good ideas lol:thatsfunn
Boise State a the very least deserves a share of the national title. They didn't just go undefeated they destroyed just about everybody including Oklahoma barring a few mental let downs in the second half.
Once again these big conferences want to shutout the smaller schools so they can keep the big money to pay their coaches and athletic director,s.A bunch of crap.If Boise State has at least 70% of their starters back I would love to see Florida or Ohio state play them next year,,,first game of next year
No way in hell!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:No way in hell!
No way what?
It should be a split...Sorry for not clarifying!
Yea I agree, If anything they should play another game and then Florida would kill them
Well it looks like it should have been Florida and Boise St. in the BCS game.
Pages: 1 2