Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Team KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the kids that made the 6th, 7th or 8th grade teams
I believe they are still finalizing rosters. Normally (When I was on FBU staff 2 years ago) we had kids commit and then back out so a final roster is normally always changing.
How is it determined on the picking for the team. Who does the picking for team KY, East- West teams?
Players are submitted, or went to try outs and then get picked up for one of the teams.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I believe they are still finalizing rosters. Normally (When I was on FBU staff 2 years ago) we had kids commit and then back out so a final roster is normally always changing.

This
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Players are submitted, or went to try outs and then get picked up for one of the teams.
Are they hand picked from a certain individual,or what.How do you pick from a kids paperwork .I know it cant be by stats, individual plays.
With recent developments there have been several players that have had to drop out because their coaches gave them ultimatums between improving their future on the football field and playing basketball. A tournament that has little to no effect on the basketball season. I wouldn't allow for my children to play for coaches like that. They have no interest in the future of their players.
Coaches submit nominations and those players go to try outs and are selected from there.
Good luck to all those who made it, my son tried out didn't get picked. Waiting to hear about team East- West first time trying, good player 6ft1inches 261 lb 7th grader ..if not this time maybe next!
BigPapaPump Wrote:Coaches submit nominations and those players go to try outs and are selected from there.
I'm sorry to say that it is inaccurate . Some kids don't show up. I hate to say, just like almost everything in life. It's not what you know but who you know. Or,if coaches are,or still holding hard feelings toward a child or team. I assure anyone reading this comment and thinking,"he's kid didn't make any team." My child did in fact make it. I was at the tryouts and seen kids make the team that wasnt even 1st string on their teams. Knowing when they get into JV or Varsity ,they wont cut it. Also a couple of kids are studs that didn't make it . Im all about the best man for the job. I coached for 11yrs as well.
As far as the Kentucky teams go...it's not about being an overall top 35 player in the state as much as it about being a top 2 or 3 player in the state AT YOUR POSITION. These teams can't take 20 running backs, 14 linebackers, and a quarterback. It's just not how it works.
Players are chosen based off of different things. (In no particular order.)

1. Highlight film.
2. Championship weekend success / Tryout if your team didn't make it.

Players that completed/submitted both of those options have the best chance. Players that only chose to contribute one of those two options, have a chance, but it's much more slim.
Lucky#45 Wrote:I'm sorry to say that it is inaccurate . Some kids don't show up. I hate to say, just like almost everything in life. It's not what you know but who you know. Or,if coaches are,or still holding hard feelings toward a child or team. I assure anyone reading this comment and thinking,"he's kid didn't make any team." My child did in fact make it. I was at the tryouts and seen kids make the team that wasnt even 1st string on their teams. Knowing when they get into JV or Varsity ,they wont cut it. Also a couple of kids are studs that didn't make it . Im all about the best man for the job. I coached for 11yrs as well.

If you're referring to kids being informed about making the Kentucky Team at the tryout then you couldn't be any farther from the truth. No 8th grade players were informed at the tryout that they made the cut for Team Kentucky. Some players were asked about their interest in playing on Team Kentucky if the opportunity arose, but no offers were given at that time. As a staff the coaches had to meet and evaluate the needs of the team compared with the players available. As for East/West they were offering as many kids as they could to play in East/West hoping they could get the best talent possible involved in the East/West game. If you want to PM about your son, I would be fine with that.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:If you're referring to kids being informed about making the Kentucky Team at the tryout then you couldn't be any farther from the truth. No 8th grade players were informed at the tryout that they made the cut for Team Kentucky. Some players were asked about their interest in playing on Team Kentucky if the opportunity arose, but no offers were given at that time. As a staff the coaches had to meet and evaluate the needs of the team compared with the players available. As for East/West they were offering as many kids as they could to play in East/West hoping they could get the best talent possible involved in the East/West game. If you want to PM about your son, I would be fine with that.
Thanks for your opinion Sir. That wasnt what was said.What does my child have to do with it.
Lucky#45 Wrote:Thanks for your opinion Sir. That wasnt what was said.What does my child have to do with it.

So you're implying that the coaches are incompetent? If it's not about a child, then you're pointing fingers at the coaches for nothing obviously. I'm lost because we are walking in circles. Team KY is a great thing for these young men, I'm sure there are some great players that didn't make it. It's all about needs of the team, you can't have a team of 35 backs.
Lucky#45 Wrote:I'm sorry to say that it is inaccurate . Some kids don't show up. I hate to say, just like almost everything in life. It's not what you know but who you know. Or,if coaches are,or still holding hard feelings toward a child or team. I assure anyone reading this comment and thinking,"he's kid didn't make any team." My child did in fact make it. I was at the tryouts and seen kids make the team that wasnt even 1st string on their teams. Knowing when they get into JV or Varsity ,they wont cut it. Also a couple of kids are studs that didn't make it . Im all about the best man for the job. I coached for 11yrs as well.
I was just giving a basic answer to how kids are selected. Lucky #45 if you know so much about it, why did you ask in the first place? I know they are numerous ways to get selected, I was just giving the most common because it seemed you were honestly asking.

Lucky#45 Wrote:Thanks for your opinion Sir. That wasnt what was said.What does my child have to do with it.

Read your post and then think about what you're implying...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Read your post and then think about what you're implying...
Sir, I know what implied . It wasn't done so with the intentions to just be a A**. They were made because of those reasons given . I do know that no-one is out to get me. Also when I said that I have no reason to talk about my children . If we make, ordon't make any team. We are ok with any decision . We know our capability to perform ,the knowledge of the game, and just the plan love of the game is enough. Also that hardworking attitude will help in the game and in life. My voice is that the reasons said affects kids for some of plan old-fashioned political game. Statement's made nearly 6 months ago ,even on here, documents , and other factors are proven. Also a individual wrote something about me looking the basic answer and it seems like i know it all. Yes, I know a basic answer ,like you saying,Uumm,like a kid having to play football ,uumm yeah . I don't know it all.
Lucky#45 Wrote:Sir, I know what implied . It wasn't done so with the intentions to just be a A**. They were made because of those reasons given . I do know that no-one is out to get me. Also when I said that I have no reason to talk about my children . If we make, ordon't make any team. We are ok with any decision . We know our capability to perform ,the knowledge of the game, and just the plan love of the game is enough. Also that hardworking attitude will help in the game and in life. My voice is that the reasons said affects kids for some of plan old-fashioned political game. Statement's made nearly 6 months ago ,even on here, documents , and other factors are proven. Also a individual wrote something about me looking the basic answer and it seems like i know it all. Yes, I know a basic answer ,like you saying,Uumm,like a kid having to play football ,uumm yeah . I don't know it all.

In all seriousness, I do have a couple of comments/questions about this previous comment.

Bold #1: Who is holding hard feelings toward who? The best players at their position were chosen for the Kentucky team. I don't care if a player is on a rival team, the best players are offered spots. However, some players have turned down the opportunity and some have already quit the experience, which is fine. Next man up. With the context of your comment, it seems as if you are the one with hard feelings toward another.

Bold #2: How do you justify who is a stud and who is not by 1 tryout with 200+ players? The tryout setup wasn't perfect, but like previously mentioned, there are other contributing factors outside of the tryout that gives players more of a chance to make these rosters. We watched every single highlight film submitted as a coaching staff at least once. Did the "studs" you mention submit film or make it to the championship weekend in Lexington?

Bold #3: How many rings do you have on your fingers? Between the three programs the 8th grade Kentucky team coaching staff represents, there are a combined 21 KYMSFA state championship rings. All coaches on staff have at least 1. Not tooting horns, just want to make it known how serious this is being taken. We plan to win with what we have. We could bring the 1st national championship back to Kentucky or lose in the first round. That's how the parity of this tournament works. Everyone is good at this level.
Wildcat18 Wrote:In all seriousness, I do have a couple of comments/questions about this previous comment.

Bold #1: Who is holding hard feelings toward who? The best players at their position were chosen for the Kentucky team. I don't care if a player is on a rival team, the best players are offered spots. However, some players have turned down the opportunity and some have already quit the experience, which is fine. Next man up. With the context of your comment, it seems as if you are the one with hard feelings toward another.

Bold #2: How do you justify who is a stud and who is not by 1 tryout with 200+ players? The tryout setup wasn't perfect, but like previously mentioned, there are other contributing factors outside of the tryout that gives players more of a chance to make these rosters. We watched every single highlight film submitted as a coaching staff at least once. Did the "studs" you mention submit film or make it to the championship weekend in Lexington?

Bold #3: How many rings do you have on your fingers? Between the three programs the 8th grade Kentucky team coaching staff represents, there are a combined 21 KYMSFA state championship rings. All coaches on staff have at least 1. Not tooting horns, just want to make it known how serious this is being taken. We plan to win with what we have. We could bring the 1st national championship back to Kentucky or lose in the first round. That's how the parity of this tournament works. Everyone is good at this level.

As for comments / questions 1. Sir , no hard feelings here, that I assure you. And no,not everybody was at tryouts, or sent film or made it to championship weekend . I guess I can't determine studs for a factor of 200 athletes. But just like some. They stand out. Also watching players over the season on different teams.Stats, and other factors . Yes all on numerous teams. Oh, I have 2 rings for coaching and 1 for playing with 1 bowl win in college . Dont thinks that matters. But like i said. You yourself can see comments on here making remarks , documents and some of those other factors you said. I wont mention any names,schools , or anything like that. And I would absolutely be happy if team KY would win. Good looking team. 1 side of the ball is solid. Oh, I know other states try to find stuff out so nothing is being said on here.
Lucky#45 Wrote:As for comments / questions 1. Sir , no hard feelings here, that I assure you. And no,not everybody was at tryouts, or sent film or made it to championship weekend . I guess I can't determine studs for a factor of 200 athletes. But just like some. They stand out. Also watching players over the season on different teams.Stats, and other factors . Yes all on numerous teams. Oh, I have 2 rings for coaching and 1 for playing with 1 bowl win in college . Dont thinks that matters. But like i said. You yourself can see comments on here making remarks , documents and some of those other factors you said. I wont mention any names,schools , or anything like that. And I would absolutely be happy if team KY would win. Good looking team. 1 side of the ball is solid. Oh, I know other states try to find stuff out so nothing is being said on here.

The ones that stood out at the tryout were chosen. There were a couple that stood out, but opted to do East/West over the Kentucky team. That's understandable. The KY team is not for everyone.
Which kids are looking good on the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teams