Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. CAL D-III State Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2:00 PM from Bryan Station.

Watch online at Prepspin.com

Listen on EKB's 98.1 Hit City USA

Pikeville defeated Somerset 30-6

CAL defeated Mayfield 16-14
Will be bringing up Prepspin.com, and watching these young Panthers. Bring home the hardware!
I think the championship game was last weekend at Bell Co.
Go get the job done Panthers!!
I thought this game was going to be CAL-Meece, I haven't watched Pikeville other then last night, but I know how disciplined a team CAL is and think this will be a tight one.
Pikeville will win easily. Well coached, well prepared, several STUDS. The 8th D3 trophy is going to the mountains!
Go get them, boys. Bring that hardware home!
Pulling for pikeville As long as cal didn't bring their own refs the Panthers will win
I'm not finding this game on prepspin or radio, any updates appreciated.
8-6 start of 2nd half, CAL leads. D battle.
CAL 8
Pikeville 6

3rd qtr., not sure on the time left.
Thanks for update, appreciate them, please update later.
Start of the 4th qtr.

CAL 8
Pikeville 6

Pikeville has the ball.
Pikeville turns the ball over....

CAL has it inside the 10 yd. line
CAL scores on a trick play on 4th down....

CAL 16
Pikeville 6

4th qtr.
CAL intercepts a pass from Pikeville....

The game is all but over.
Congrats CAL! they will win this one
announcer is terrible, wish they would call the game and not try to be officials who got it right anyway
Touchdown Pikeville.

CAL 16
Pikeville 12

Less than 2 minutes left in the game.
54.4 left.

CAL has in 4th and long.

CAL 16
Pikeville 12
From what I keep rewinding on prepspin I don't see anyway that the officials got that right. Horrible call but turnovers killed Pikeville. We knew how the refs would be against East Ky.
the qb is a yard in front of the receiver so he was throwing it 1 yard backward, I agree with the call as it was thrown backward. Pike with ball and a chance but 70 yards to go. Can they find a miracle to beat the privates? here we go
Final.

CAL 16
Pikeville 12

8th grade Div. III State Championship.
CAL wins it, good game. Mayfield, Pikeville and CAL were all about equal but CAL was lucky and good in both games and sometimes that what it tales
For all the complaining the CAL fan did yesterday he got a gift today... no way that was anything but a forward pass

Nonetheless...one play never decides a Championship.
While I would have rather seen Pikeville win over the private, I think the call is correct. The Pike QB is clearly standing in front of the intended receiver and throwing it back to him. THe replay shows the line of scrimmage at the 45, the flanker is on the 47 and the qb on the 46. When the ball is snapped the flanker runs back to about the 48 and toward the sideline as the ball is being thrown backward to where he is
Proud of these Panthers for the GREAT Season they had...The future is VERY bright for this group and our program. Congrats to CAL. They are a fine team. Gonna take the high road on the pass call...HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
Laker Wrote:Pikeville will win easily. Well coached, well prepared, several STUDS. The 8th D3 trophy is going to the mountains!

Wrong - CAL D3 Champs!
Congrats CAL on the D-3 championship win. The young Panthers will provide
some great talent for the varsity soon, and looking forward to the future.
HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
Congrats to CAL! Nice year for Pikeville too. They were battle tested this year.
Pages: 1 2