Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green/ Refs 8 CAL 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, still waiting for someone to PM me about this game. I have NEVER seen anything like this. Not sure if $$$$$ has changed hands or what!!! NO WAY a crew can be that AWFUL!!

#3 WAS HEADING INTO END ZONE WITH 3:00 TO PLAY!! CALLED FOR OFFENSIVE TARGETING ON THE 4 YARD LINE. HE HIT A KID WITH HIS FACEMASK!!!!!!! WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER!!!!!! 8-0

Then eject our other son and give then 60+ yards in penalties down to our 7 yard line!! They score with under a min left. We probably had 250 yds in penalties!!

We had the MUCH MORE TALENTED TEAM!!! CAL should be in FINALS!! Not sure if the KYMSFA was involved. None of the on-site guys SEEMED TO CARE!!!!
And to make matters worse, they are also integral in our 8tyh grade team and are now NOT PARTICIPATING!!! That was a chain reaction of events. Check out the PREPSPIN video!!!!!

Congrats to those who don't want CAL around. Got your wish!!!!
So are you saying that the 8th grade team is no longer going to participate?

I watch most of the game and it seems like a good battle I think there were questionable calls on both ends.
With that said you cannot take away from rain victory the boys played hard for that and the players don't have anything to do with the referees.

Congratulations to Bowling Green for advancing. And congratulations to CAL for a great season.
No twins only!! Refs were HORRIBLE!!! Watch replay!! Brandt has first down and then TD!!!! Game is OVER!! PERIOD!!!!!
Belfry had a running back a few years ago called for the same thing. If the kid lowered his helmet great call if he lower his shoulder then not a good call. More than likely your kid wasn't taught the right way to try to run over someone. 250 yards in penalties sounds like a with a short fuse and not controllable team. It's middle school almost every play their could be a penalty if not coached right.
Karma .. Cal and their Refs homered Raceland in the second round it was terrible glad they got a dose of their own medicine
Coach Lockwood - Offensive face mask call when we get to the 5 yard line? Targeting call against a running back when we get to the 2? Really??? Did you watch the same game?
Raceland - game was 28-0 with 3:00 min left in 4th qtr. Not even competitive.
Wildcat502 Wrote:Raceland - game was 28-0 with 3:00 min left in 4th qtr. Not even competitive.

Karma - the 7th grade team never played Raceland. The 8th grade team is in the finals. Just to clear it up.
Wildcat502:

I watched it on prepspin. its hard to see the facemask but I agree with pirate, #3 tried to lower shoulder but hit with head, it gets called all the time with bigger kids(like him). Targeting? I don't know about that but it was helmet to helmet.

An old coach always told me "score enough points so the refs don't decide a winner"

it was a good game, of evenly matched teams.

try again next season. best of Luck to the winners.

Babin:

Sucks that the twins cant play tomorrow, they are studs. I had to rewatch the penaties a few times. it looks like the ejection that was on #3 was for a bg player getting kicked in the boys(I couldn't tell who did it though) and with your other son, I couldn't tell what happened.

It looked like overall at the end of the game, like most games, the emotions were running high and some kids said stuff they the refs heard.

I agree that it sucks to take the L like that but you all had a great year, was hoping to play yall for the regional we just didn't do our part.

Hope the twins play east/west or team KY, and hope we get to play each other next year.

Take care
I don't have a dog in this fight, but after watching the replay I think you have a valid complaint. The officiating towards the end of this game was very questionable. Hate to hear it will have an impact on tomorrow's championship.
Until middle school football is structured differently (and I definitely don't have all the answers) people are going to start losing interest fast, along with the fans.

Officiating always seems to be sketchy.
If your not BG, your not winning the west as they seem to cakewalk the majority of the time.
If your not N. Pulaski, Belfry, JC, Corbin or a couple of others, it seems you have no shot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some schools start dropping out and going back to a small conference play.
I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the officiating in that one. But I will say the 3 games South Oldham played in the state playoffs were the best officiated games we had all season.
It could be that BG, Corbin, Belfry, JC, and N.Pulaski are better year in and out.
My comment was made due to watching the replay. Based on game footage the calls were questionable, but judgement calls. What I wasn't aware of was what went on off of camera and completely unacceptable by players and warranted their ejections. Even if calls don't go your way you must keep your composure. It was still a great game and everyone involved had a great season.
Region 4 usually has 4 of the top 5 teams in Division 1 with the other being BG or someone else from the west. Division 2 is Belfry, Corbin may have a chance next year but hard to say since Belfry has won 4 straight. D3 is the only division with any parity. and as always 7th grade champs win their division the next year.

So predictions for next year

D1 - Northern
D2 - Belfry, maybe Corbin
D3 - lots of people complaining about new harlan and someone else wins it
7th Grade - seems like it rotates between pulaskis, johnson and corbin
The officiating was terrible all weekend. Downright disgraceful at times.