Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KYMSFA 2015 Semi Final & Finals Game Times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Championship Weekend at Bryan Station High School Lexington KY

October 31, 2015 - Semi Final Games (Region 1 vs Region 3, Region 2 vs Region 4)

Game Time Division Regions
8:00 AM 8th Grade D2 - 2 vs 4
9:30 AM 8th Grade D2 - 1 vs 3
11:00 AM 8th Grade D3 - 2 vs 4
12:30 PM 8th Grade D3 - 1 vs 3
2:30 PM 7th Grade - 1 vs 3
4:00 PM 7th Grade - 2 vs 4
5:30 PM 8th Grade D1 - 1 vs 3
7:00 PM 8th Grade D1 - 2 vs 4

November 1, 2015 - Championship Games

Game Time Division
12:00 PM 8th Grade D2
2:00 PM 8th Grade D3
4:00 PM 7th Grade
6:00 PM 8th Grade D1
Guys....I know last year we played the semi final round at two sites.....seemed to work well.

Not available this year?

8:00 am start time....is simply ridiculous. Regardless who's playing.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Guys....I know last year we played the semi final round at two sites.....seemed to work well.

Not available this year?

8:00 am start time....is simply ridiculous. Regardless who's playing.

Negative, all games were at Lexington Catholic last year on Saturday, because of an over booking issue with Fayette Co Schools.

We had a second site to split the games, they backed out, nothing else we can do.

And to be fair one of the potential teams that may play that 8am game, was all for it.
I would love to see the finals and semis moved. I've actually been to funerals with more lively atmospheres than that at Bryan Station.
plantmanky Wrote:Negative, all games were at Lexington Catholic last year on Saturday, because of an over booking issue with Fayette Co Schools.

We had a second site to split the games, they backed out, nothing else we can do.

And to be fair one of the potential teams that may play that 8am game, was all for it.

The jackass who was all for it shouldn't be allowed to coach.

Playing a football game at 8am is beyond ridiculous. It's almost as ridiculous as putting the states "best" football teams playing in back to back days.

This affiliation begs for more involvement and then procedes to do stupid shit like this. Bravo, bravo!!
And with very few hotel rooms in Lexington and the surrounding areas since the Breeder's Cup is in town and UK plays UT on Halloween night. We have looked for over two weeks and the rooms at a decent place range from $250 up to $700 dollars a night!
I would like to thank KYMSFA for everything they do. You could have a county championship and be done with season. With Belfry playing early on Saturday the boys can play that morning and then go to the UK game. I am sure soon as they get back they will crash. I think it's a great set up.
Looks like BG/ JC if teams win today will have a favorable run with 7th graders playing first then 8th graders in SF and F. I'm sure several of their 7th graders on both teams play up. Whereas our 7th graders will be gassed from the 8th grade D3 before our 7th grade SF. If both win today. JUST SAYING....
If 7th graders played 1st 2 SF on Sat and 1st F on Sun then the 8th graders it wouldn't be an issue. Thoughts??
Johnson county plays no 7th graders on 8th grade team.
Kids need to play on one team. Belfry would've won 7th n 8th last year if kids played both. Belfry had 7 7th graders that started on the 8th grade team last year.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda!!! Would some team PLEASE shut Belfry up!! Man, this is getting ridiculous!! Worry about your own team!!!
Anyone know where the teams are gonna stay since there are no rooms available in Lexington?
Good luck getting a room in Lexington this weekend.
Winchester, Georgetown, Richmond or maybe even further away will be the closest rooms available for a team and parents.
We won't shut up. We'll SHOW up!!! Loud and proud!!!
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Woulda, coulda, shoulda!!! Would some team PLEASE shut Belfry up!! Man, this is getting ridiculous!! Worry about your own team!!!

This is funny.. Your team must be at home or going to watch belfry beat everybody you couldn't.. Don't be jealous go buy your ticket and wish your team was good as belfry middle school.. Go pirates....👆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Find that team that can shut us up or if need be combine any 3 teams. Let's play it.
Belfry has really good rooms for the state but we get ours a year in advance.
As the great kid rock says. It ain't cocky if you can back it up.
I don't have a dog in this fight but I concur 8 am is to much to much to ask from middle-school kids, or anyone else for that matter. Fail!
proud44pirate Wrote:Kids need to play on one team. Belfry would've won 7th n 8th last year if kids played both. Belfry had 7 7th graders that started on the 8th grade team last year.

Belfry has kids that play up and that's all that these other teams are doing. The Only year Belfry has ever submitted a 7th grade team was when last years 8th graders were in 7th grade and it didn't work out for them. Belfry, like many other single A schools rely on playing their 7th and 8th together as one team in order to field the most competitive team possible. There's nothing wrong with this its just a numbers game and Belfry doesn't have enough to play two separate grades. But, why knock anyone that does the same as you? And if I'm not mistaken you had kids that played on both your "A" and "B" team.
proud44pirate Wrote:Kids need to play on one team. Belfry would've won 7th n 8th last year if kids played both. Belfry had 7 7th graders that started on the 8th grade team last year.

Come on Pirate lets get real, if you thought you could have won the 7th grade last year you would have entered a team. And half your team lives in the wild and wooly West Virginia any way. You should be called the Belfry Mountaineer Fake Pirates.
There is gonna be some Cardinal red this week boys. I have watched a bunch of football in my time. I can tell you the Mayfield Cardinal 8th grade qb is the best I have seen in 8th grade since Zyaire Hughes of McCracken Co was in 8th grade. He has some really talented recievers to throw to as well. If he has any down side, it's that he isn't as mobile as Hughes was.
Hard to throw laying on your back. I will put our defensive backs against anyone in the state. What makes Belfry good is how well rounded the complete team is. Not any particular position you can find a weakness.
Geauxbabin & belfry fans is the start of a Belfry- christian academy of Louisville beef? Could we see a game next year? I don't know of any Louisville area team that has ever played belfry in a reg. Season game, possibly in playoffs.

Could be a good game, private school vs country power?
proud44pirate Wrote:Belfry has really good rooms for the state but we get ours a year in advance.

Serious question here 44. How many players are on Belfry's 8th grade team were held back in the last two years and should be playing with the high school team?
Blackcat2001 Wrote:Come on Pirate lets get real, if you thought you could have won the 7th grade last year you would have entered a team. And half your team lives in the wild and wooly West Virginia any way. You should be called the Belfry Mountaineer Fake Pirates.
Outstanding point Blackcat. From what I'm told they're playing with numerous hold backs and kids who don't even reside in Kentucky. The administration at Belfry must want a middle school state championship to do this. Win at all costs maybe?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Outstanding point Blackcat. From what I'm told they're playing with numerous hold backs and kids who don't even reside in Kentucky. The administration at Belfry must want a middle school state championship to do this. Win at all costs maybe?

That's why none of us around here will play them. Maybe they should be in the WV state Tourny. But they say, "Wehee-thans from West Virgineeee wants to play in the Kantuckee"
Pages: 1 2 3