Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs Northern Pulaski
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's a shame most of the State missed this game tonight. The State Championship was just played on a Thursday night in Somerset. 2 very well coached teams full of great athletes.
the shame is that you posted about everyone missing the game but didn't post the score....who won?
30-28 Northern. Maroons scored with around 2:30 left, trailing 28-22. Was getting updates from the game.
Game was played so Northern's 7th graders that play up on 8th wouldn't have to play back to back games on Saturday!! Guarantee it!!!
Forever Maroon Wrote:30-28 Northern. Maroons scored with around 2:30 left, trailing 28-22. Was getting updates from the game.

Northern Scored with 1:10 to tie and got the 2 point which turned out being the winning score.
GREAT GREAT game tonight! This game was inches from going the other way. Really looking forward to watching this 7th grade bunch from Corbin in the future. Two really talented teams.
Where was the game played at.
This was a great game. But, I don't understand how Northern Pulaski gets away with manipulating the way they do. Kmsfa set the day/time of the game, but Northern is allowed to change days so their 7th graders don't have to play back 2 back. Northern was allowed to use the same officials for the game as they used as their home crew the entire season. I would be surprised if 1 or 2 were even legitimate officials. Know for sure some of the officials had direct ties to Northern and players. In past games had to have assigned officials by Kmsra. I guess Kmsfa allows Northern to play by a different set of rules then everyone else.
Lucky#45 Wrote:Where was the game played at.

Northern Pulaski Middle School.
What officials have ties to Northern? If you knew anything about Northern you would know Officials have done ZERO favors for the Maroons this year. If Northern had so much pull, why are they being forced to move a home playoff game to Meece middle to play Southern? You obviously know nothing about Northern, besides being jealous of their success.
Having the game MOVED to accommodate 7th grade players playing up not having to play 2 on Sat would be unethical @ BEST. IF that's the case.

CAL has a similar situation and guess what..... SUCK IT UP, play 2 and then ice bath, XBOX and ice cream. Boom.
One of the best games I've ever seen at the middle school level. Great game with two great teams. Corbin players, coaches, and fans are always class acts. We could all take notes from those folks. Always an enjoyable game, win or lose.
It seems to me that they are being disciplined for something having to move home field . I have a buddy that's a ref,and he stated that nobody is wanting to call the game do to coaches conduct towards them. I only thought it was do to Northern's coaches videotaping Southern's game during playoff. Either way changing a game is a bit wrong.
Was this the 7th grade team or 8th grade??
7th grade
Forever Maroon Wrote:What officials have ties to Northern? If you knew anything about Northern you would know Officials have done ZERO favors for the Maroons this year. If Northern had so much pull, why are they being forced to move a home playoff game to Meece middle to play Southern? You obviously know nothing about Northern, besides being jealous of their success.

Are you gonna claim that was not the home crew used for Northern's games? I talked to some Northern parents and they confirmed it was the same crew. Favors? Who said anything about Favors? But, yeah the officials that were on the field probably didn't know if they were at football game or a soccer game. They were clueless. BTW the ref that watched a blatant holding on the run that setup up the touchdown at the end did his best to give you a favor. He's also the same ref that blew his whistle on the 2 point causing most players to stop, and then laughed about it with the chain crew.
Lucky#45 Wrote:It seems to me that they are being disciplined for something having to move home field . I have a buddy that's a ref,and he stated that nobody is wanting to call the game do to coaches conduct towards them. I only thought it was do to Northern's coaches videotaping Southern's game during playoff. Either way changing a game is a bit wrong.

Not sure how they are being disciplined. Refs don't want to call their games so kmsfa rewards them by letting them pick their biased officials to call their games. How is that a punishment? Hey since no sanctioned officials want to call your games, you can hand pick officials that will make sure it goes your way...
I expected better from Kmsfa. They've came along way since my first was in middle school, but what they let go down this week was horrible. Northern earned home field advantage, but being allowed to switch date to accommodate their kids playing up and allowing Northern to use an officiating crew of their choice is unacceptable. I know nothing will be done, but I thought Kmsfa was moving towards a legit association, I guess I was wrong.
under_armour Wrote:I expected better from Kmsfa. They've came along way since my first was in middle school, but what they let go down this week was horrible. Northern earned home field advantage, but being allowed to switch date to accommodate their kids playing up and allowing Northern to use an officiating crew of their choice is unacceptable. I know nothing will be done, but I thought Kmsfa was moving towards a legit association, I guess I was wrong.

Perhaps if you would post facts instead of lies, your post would have validation to them.
plantmanky Wrote:Perhaps if you would post facts instead of lies, your post would have validation to them.

Perhaps you could tell me which statement is a lie?
under_armour Wrote:This was a great game. But, I don't understand how Northern Pulaski gets away with manipulating the way they do. Kmsfa set the day/time of the game, but Northern is allowed to change days so their 7th graders don't have to play back 2 back. Northern was allowed to use the same officials for the game as they used as their home crew the entire season. I would be surprised if 1 or 2 were even legitimate officials. Know for sure some of the officials had direct ties to Northern and players. In past games had to have assigned officials by Kmsra. I guess Kmsfa allows Northern to play by a different set of rules then everyone else.

3 lies here.
under_armour Wrote:Not sure how they are being disciplined. Refs don't want to call their games so kmsfa rewards them by letting them pick their biased officials to call their games. How is that a punishment? Hey since no sanctioned officials want to call your games, you can hand pick officials that will make sure it goes your way...

2 lies here.
plantmanky Wrote:Perhaps if you would post facts instead of lies, your post would have validation to them.

I posted a fact. I had a northern parent confirm it. That was the same crew Northern used for their home games during the season. So either Kmsfa knowingly allowed them to use them or assigned them to the game which would even be worst...
under_armour Wrote:I expected better from Kmsfa. They've came along way since my first was in middle school, but what they let go down this week was horrible. Northern earned home field advantage, but being allowed to switch date to accommodate their kids playing up and allowing Northern to use an officiating crew of their choice is unacceptable. I know nothing will be done, but I thought Kmsfa was moving towards a legit association, I guess I was wrong.

1 lie here.
under_armour Wrote:I posted a fact. I had a northern parent confirm it. That was the same crew Northern used for their home games during the season. So either Kmsfa knowingly allowed them to use them or assigned them to the game which would even be worst...

Well let see, when you assign officials, to work games, in a certain area of the state, yes its possible that they may have had one, two, three, or all four of the officials at some point in the season. Assigning secretaries cover certain areas of the state.
Fact northern was allowed to change the date to accommodate their 7th graders that play up so they wouldn't have to play 2 games in one day. That's not a lie.
under_armour Wrote:I posted a fact. I had a northern parent confirm it. That was the same crew Northern used for their home games during the season. So either Kmsfa knowingly allowed them to use them or assigned them to the game which would even be worst...

So because a Northern Parent said so, it must be true right?
under_armour Wrote:Fact northern was allowed to change the date to accommodate their 7th graders that play up so they wouldn't have to play 2 games in one day. That's not a lie.

Fact KYMSFA sets the dates and game times for the games, not the host school.
plantmanky Wrote:Well let see, when you assign officials, to work games, in a certain area of the state, yes its possible that they may have had one, two, three, or all four of the officials at some point in the season. Assigning secretaries cover certain areas of the state.

So Kmsfa was responsible for assigning this crew? Just find it hard to understand how a crew is assigned that calls all of their home games and has ties to the school. I thought Kmsfa assigning crews were supposed to erase situations like this.
plantmanky Wrote:Fact KYMSFA sets the dates and game times for the games, not the host school.

Fact the game time and date was set. And then we were notified this week Northern requested to change the date? Is this a lie?
Pages: 1 2 3