Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Ashland Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Me personally, Ashland is a great offense and their backfield is unreal but Belfry will take this game by 3-4 touchdowns no question.
Belfry wins as Ashland forfeits!
Confirmed. Ashland has forfeited the game as of this morning.
Going out on a limb but ill say belfry wins 1-0 lol
Help me I an scared.
Just kidding I know there is a good reason for playing in a game then forfeiting the next.
wow, why put your team in if you are scared? not like anyone hadn't heard how good belfry is.
What reason did Ashland give for the forfeit?
Ashland said Belfry was too big for their little team.. They said belfry was too physical and threw in the towel.
That's crazy. Short of the whole team being down with illness, I just don't understand the rationale behind putting your team in the tournament if you're not going to line up and play all comers.
Belfry has had some bad luck.. But still a very good football team. 4 peat......
What time is the game to be played tomorrow?
^Ashland forfeited.
Interested to hear the reason. Lot of teams across the state already sitting home that would kill to still be playing.
Honest opinion, Belfry 7th grade woulda won this game. But still they should have played.
My son is asst coach at BMS, he says the Ashland parents wouldn't let their kids play....... I have no idea why though.
Being a pike central middle football player, we played belfry 2 this year and why sure we got beat but we never forfeited not once, and we were smaller than ashland in state playoffs. Paying to be in state playoffs and forfeiting is ridiculous
Ashland did want nothing to with belfry. Because johnson county took them to the wood shed , they had not played a team like Johnson county , so they new belfry beat jc. Twice this year they wanted no part of belfry.
Florida5 Wrote:Being a pike central middle football player, we played belfry 2 this year and why sure we got beat but we never forfeited not once, and we were smaller than ashland in state playoffs. Paying to be in state playoffs and forfeiting is ridiculous

Nothing but respect to you and your team for being men and playing the opponent in front of you. The shame comes from avoiding a program at all costs like Ashland did, this is the second time they dodged Belfry. Did it a few years back when they told Coach Haywood they would extend the series, then turned tail and ran to play Sheldon Clark. It reaches a point where it is just shameful for your program, just sad.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:Nothing but respect to you and your team for being men and playing the opponent in front of you. The shame comes from avoiding a program at all costs like Ashland did, this is the second time they dodged Belfry. Did it a few years back when they told Coach Haywood they would extend the series, then turned tail and ran to play Sheldon Clark. It reaches a point where it is just shameful for your program, just sad.

Add cable Midland to this promised us a return jv, game Monday never showed up or called to cancel :flush:
This young belfry. Team beat my eagles twice but we showed up the second game was as good as any game I've watched all year
I've watched Johnson County Middle this year, they are a very good team.
Word around Ashland is that they didn't play the game because Belfrey was playing high school aged boys on the 8th grade team. Supposed to have reported it to the KHSAA. Anyone know if there is anything to this or just more Ashland drama.
They did report it and Belfry was all legal. Belfry does have 1 15 year old kid, but he is not a starter. The kids are all 13 and 14. My son is one of the hold backs they was talking about, he is 14, all of 140 pound. He started as a 7th grader on the 8th grade team last year. He started school early and was held back cause I didn't want him to graduate at 17. Clay Co is a lot bigger than us and Johnson Central was also.
I know most of the boys on the team, but I can't say I know all of their ages. It is my understanding that one did just turn 15 and he is not a starter. There are some holdbacks on the team. I also think this is common with most of the school programs at all levels. Ashland not playing us this past weekend may have been a good thing. It did allow our boys a little more time to heal-up.
jimbo Wrote:Word around Ashland is that they didn't play the game because Belfrey was playing high school aged boys on the 8th grade team. Supposed to have reported it to the KHSAA. Anyone know if there is anything to this or just more Ashland drama.
They (Belfry) submitted their roster and validated all the kids ages and grades to the KMSFA. Ashland was simply looking for an excuse. I don't like it when Pikeville loses to Belfry, don't care if it is checkers. But Ashland simply developed "Losers Limp" before the game was even played.
Maybe Ashland should talk to the khsaa about having a high school player on the high school team currently on probation for assaulting a middle school kid. :-)
Most 8th graders are 13 some maybe 14. That year makes a big difference.

With that said if Ashland was going to pay money to be in this playoff thing they should have fulfilled their obligation and played the game.
Haha Pikeville whose school is a fraction of the size of Ashland played Belfry 3 times and Ashland won't play them in the playoffs. Nice message to send to your kids. Not making this up, 99% of the people who have ever had any dealings with Ashland have a negative opinion. True story.
Samiam Wrote:Most 8th graders are 13 some maybe 14. That year makes a big difference.

With that said if Ashland was going to pay money to be in this playoff thing they should have fulfilled their obligation and played the game.

Much to do about nothin

Ashland High School has refused to play Belfry and even dropped contracts except for the years they knew they should win...just teaching the younger generation the same approach

:biggrin:
There is absolutely nothing good I can say about Ashland athletics or their schools. Growing up in a system ran by Coach Haywood it was night and day when I moved to Ashland and my kids started school. Classes, pathetic and probably at least a grade or two academically behind even the "bad districts." I woke up one morning and just said forget it, I can't take their self righteous wormy ways. Drove my kids out to Westwood and they enrolled at Fairview Elementary, best decision I ever made up here.
Pages: 1 2