Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wildcats Sweep Contests at Team Welcome Party
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We'll have to wait until Friday to see who wins the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl Presented by Bridgestone, but the Kentucky Wildcats got the week off to a good start during the Team Welcome Party on Tuesday night at the Wildhorse Saloon in downtown Nashville.

There were two competitions during the Team Welcome Party, a karaoke contest and a rib-eating event, and the Wildcats won them both.

Sophomore safety Marcus McClinton, freshman linebacker Sam Maxwell, and freshman safety Calvin Harrison got the karaoke started with a trio rendition of "I Believe I Can Fly." The two judges came up with a total score of 18, which was tied by the Clemson duo of Kwam Williams and Anthony Waters, who performed the rap song, "In the Club." Nashville Vice-Mayor Howard Gentry was called upon to break the tie, and he gave the decision to the Wildcats.

Next came the rib-eating contest, with junior defensive end J. D. Craigman, junior tailback Rafael Little, sophomore offensive tackle Garry Williams, freshman defensive end Jeremy Jarmon, and freshman center Jorge Gonzalez representing the Wildcats.

The contest was held in two rounds, with Craigman, Little, and Jarmon going first. As the only non-lineman in the competition, Little was considered somewhat of a surprise entrant, but he paced the Wildcats by wolfing down nine ribs in the two-minute limit and the Wildcats led 26-20 after round one. Williams and Gonzalez went in round two. Gonzalez won the individual trophy by downing 12 ribs and the Wildcats took home the team trophy, 44-38.

More serious business resumes Wednesday when the Wildcats return to the practice field. The Music City Bowl will kick off Friday at 1 p.m. EST at LP Field, home of the NFL's Tennessee Titans.
I guess by winning these two contests means the Cats should walk away the game on Friday. Confusedhh:
Haha, that's neat. I'm glad to see they're enjoying their bowl trip, they deserve it!
LOL, thats pretty kool.
That is cool
At least we know they dont starve the guys lol