Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 14 Johnson County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pirates beat the Golden Eagles for the 2nd time
Very Special Group of Pirates!!!!
Possibly the best group since the inaugural State Chanpion team that are now the dominant Junior Class at the High School.

Hoping they can finish the drill
This Belfry team is the best team that's ever came out of the middle school bar none!!!
Belfry is legit. Let me be the first to say that I don't possibly see any D2 team coming close to giving them a game. They are the best team we have played this year and they have handled us twice. Extremely physical and the backs hit the hole with such violence it is impossible to contain for 4 quarters. Defensively, they just don't miss many tackles either. Just solid, athletic and fast. This was a fun game to watch even if we did come up short AGAIN. I truly hope on Nov 1st we can be cheering each other on to our respective state titles. Mountain teams gotta stick together.
Wow...would loved to have watched this one.
Great game 2 great football teams. Both could easily when it all!
BoltCoach9 Wrote:Belfry is legit. Let me be the first to say that I don't possibly see any D2 team coming close to giving them a game. They are the best team we have played this year and they have handled us twice. Extremely physical and the backs hit the hole with such violence it is impossible to contain for 4 quarters. Defensively, they just don't miss many tackles either. Just solid, athletic and fast. This was a fun game to watch even if we did come up short AGAIN. I truly hope on Nov 1st we can be cheering each other on to our respective state titles. Mountain teams gotta stick together.

Coach Matney and I was chatting about the same thing. Both the middle school and high school teams have a huge opportunity to bring home championships.
What about the first game?
Ballbuster Wrote:What about the first game?

The first time they played Belfry won 44-24 I believe
I've got to say shame on Johson Central Coaching for deliberately having there kids try to take another kid out for good. It makes me sick that's how they teach there kids!!!! I know kids are kids but when 5 kids do it it was a planed deal.. I hope they see these videos and ban this bunch from coaching!!!!!! And the refs let this go on if you can see it from all angles from the stands they should have done something..
Death_Valley Wrote:I've got to say shame on Johson Central Coaching for deliberately having there kids try to take another kid out for good. It makes me sick that's how they teach there kids!!!! I know kids are kids but when 5 kids do it it was a planed deal.. I hope they see these videos and ban this bunch from coaching!!!!!! And the refs let this go on if you can see it from all angles from the stands they should have done something..

Sir, if you honestly believe this you are crazy. I am the head coach of Johnson County and I can promise you this is the farthest thing from the truth.
It was a great game!
MR. Slate Wrote:Sir, if you honestly believe this you are crazy. I am the head coach of Johnson County and I can promise you this is the farthest thing from the truth.

I think emotions are a little high....especially after seeing the tape. There does appear to be some cheap shots. We lost our starting center in the first game. two more kids with injured knees in the second game. However....It would be wrong to say they were instructed or coached to do so. Could just be bad luck. However...the video doesn't lie. Definitely....some un-needed antics took place.
MR. Slate Wrote:Sir, if you honestly believe this you are crazy. I am the head coach of Johnson County and I can promise you this is the farthest thing from the truth.

Not coming at you in any way...but having seen the video referenced I presume that discipline is being doled out harshly at practice?

Considering these are young kids I find it hard to believe any coach instructed or even advised some of the actions on the video... but I think we all agree that now that it is out there a lesson needs to be taught so they never mistake right and wrong again.

Agree?
Our Center is looking at 9-12 month recovery....gonna need ACL surgery. Other two kids may have gotten off lucky with just sprains/hyperextensions. Again...maybe just bad luck.

Don't get me wrong. There is much respect between the two programs. However...it's definitely a bitter rivalry. But what is witnessed on tape is definitely concerning.
Lets have some specifics instead of just "cheap shots" I havent seen the video.
plantmanky Wrote:Lets have some specifics instead of just "cheap shots" I havent seen the video.

The video I saw only had one thing that concerned me.

Belfry back gets tackled after a short gain and a nice sure tackle.

The Belfry back is laying face down and the JC player who made the tackle is laying on his left leg.

Instead of just sitting up and getting to his feet the JC player hooks the left leg and rolls over the right leg quickly before rising to his feet. The Belfry player the reacts in pain.

Other videos were out of JC players "throwing punches" but frankly that was completely blown out of proportion and you see similar things every game...but the leg roll video absolutely looked intentional and that the kid tried to injure the player in some fashion.

As I said though these are real young kids and in no way do I think the kid was instructed to do that or that the coaches may have even known at the time, but knowing how JC runs a first class program I am sure the coaches are taking immediate and appropriate action that the kid will never blur right and wrong ever again.
Most of the time you see a face mask in a game the player lets go. This wasn't the case at all with #8. He gave his Team Ky teammate a cheap rib shot with his knee when he got up and on a punt return he face masked twisted the player then took his other hand and horse collared him on down while holding on to the face mask. That's two specific plays. But it's football and life goes on.
The only video I've seen is the leg roll and it appears to be deliberate. If this was college or NFL it would probably warrant a fine or suspension.
You belfry people are cry babies.
plantmanky Wrote:Lets have some specifics instead of just "cheap shots" I havent seen the video.
I seen all the videos. It's very bad when a kid has been tackled and the opposing team reaches down and twists and twists his leg. What disturbed me even more that that is 2, not just 1, but 2 refs were on each side of this. One of them had to have seen it. Horrible behavior for refs. Another incident, we have a safety running with the ball. The same kid, the same kid, reaches out and blatantly face masked and horse collared the kid from Belfry. There is more, but I think it brought out a lot of fear for our parents. If you don't have the refs looking out for your kids, we are helpless in the stands. Laugh and make light of it if you want, but when the refs are that biased they need to excuse themselves.
Did you notice the two gut punches #6 from Belfry gave # 25 while he was down. Ask your head coach to show you the video, he has it as well. That's why he ask you folks not to post the videos because they are 13-14 year old kids and sometimes they make bad decisions, on both sides.
Here ya go coach, and lulz at the ref ( nothing to see here).IMG_3583.MOV.mov
goBIGblue82 Wrote:The only video I've seen is the leg roll and it appears to be deliberate. If this was college or NFL it would probably warrant a fine or suspension.
I'll bet neither will happen to this kid. He's the star of the show there. JMO
Belfry and Johnson County is always a hard hitting contest. Go to any high school or middle school game and you will see penalties for horse collar tackles or a facemask. You will see players get tangled when getting up from tackles. Football is a physical sport. When two good teams like Belfry and Johnson County Middle or Belfry and Johnson Central play you will see a different level of physical play from each team. It has never been a secret who I am of Rivals, my name is Willard Burton and I am one of the assistant coaches at Johnson County Middle. I can guarantee you that Coach Holbrook, myself or any of our other coaches would never instruct a kid to do anything that would deliberately injure an opponent. To accuse someone that you do not know of doing such shows a lack of class that is not typical of most Belfry fans. If you have a problem doubting what I have posted, show what I have said to Coach Oliver and get his opinion. With have spoke my feelings, I will close by saying good luck to Belfry and lets go to Lexington and bring back a state championship for each school.
Our Coach is Punishing the player involved and it's a little different than taking a kids knee out!!!
^^ Good stuff
I would say that to!!!!! Back step a little one of your own kids said that was the game plan take out the Hensley kid #34 that's what you practiced on. And it still didn't help you at the end!!
Pages: 1 2