Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Harlan 52 clay county 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from harlan 8th grade game.
Very proud of new Harlan. Clay co. Is very big. What is new Harlans record?
First, let me say that Harlan has a very good team. The single wing offense is very hard for the defense to see over and determine which running back has the ball. Harlan's defense (especially coming off the edges) also played very well. I'm not going to get on here and say the outcome of the game would have been different if the officiating would have been better, but.....in all my years of watching football, the two worst officiated games I have ever seen was played on that field (Clay County vs. Harlan county in a high school state playoff game several years ago and last night with Clay County Middle ). I can take getting beaten in a game of football, but for officials to intentionally turn a blind eye to late hits, blocks in the back, and punching athletes in a pile in inexcusable. Charlie Kirk and his crew should be ashamed of themselves.
Calls have been known to be a little one sided in Harlan. I know in the past they were disqualified from the playoffs for using a scratched official.
My dad has played football and coached football for over 30 years and I know a little something about the game of football. My son plays on the New Harlan team and there was stuff that was going on both sides that got missed. And as far as the game itself I thought our boys played physical and was a good jr high football game. We can sit and talk about the officials but our boys out played the other team and that is why we won. We had 10 flags called against us and Clay just had 4 so I dont understand how you can say it was the officials.
New Harlan played extremely physical and that is what football is all about. I applaud their physicality. My point is this: Momentum in any sport can absolutely be controlled by officials. Some people get hung up on penalties/penalty count. I cannot help it if the penalties were 10-4 (so you say) in favor of Clay, but if a team continually commits penalties then flags should be thrown (even if the "count" is getting lop-sided). One of Clay's coaches pointed out a Harlan defender clearly lining up offsides repeatedly to the official on Clay's sideline. The official's response was, "He sure is." Also, the officials didn't like it when Clay's head coach had to quote KHSAA rules after a lineman went downfield and caught a touchdown pass. The touchdown was waved off and the down was replayed, but still.....I'm pretty sure Kirk's pride was hurt a little which didn't fair well for the Tigers the remainder of the game. I am finished commenting on this matter. Best of luck to New Harlan the rest of the season because if they play that physical week in and week out....they are certainly a force to be reckoned with!
wow
New Harlan and Clay Co are 2 of the most physical teams I've seen all year.
IMO I would say the Creech kids a possibly the best lineman they have on the team.
Majority of New Harlan's players are 7th Graders also
The Creech kid is good but the 3 7th grade lineman aren't anything to sneeze at either!
Yes they will be a beast again next year
Jared Creech is an outstanding football player on both sides of the ball. He plays OL and NG
Patriots have some outstanding 7th graders coming up, I'm a proud Papa#97
Clay new coach next year will make them a lot better
With most of their Harlan's 7th graders being hold backs, they will have a tough time finding teams to compete against them who only play 8th graders. They won't be allowed to play against anyone below 8th grade. Most may find their way up to freshman ball next year.
Redwolf Wrote:With most of their Harlan's 7th graders being hold backs, they will have a tough time finding teams to compete against them who only play 8th graders. They won't be allowed to play against anyone below 8th grade. Most may find their way up to freshman ball next year.

??????????
Redwolf can you explain to me what you mean by this. Because one of the hold backs which is in 7th grade is my son and I'm not sure what you mean by this. And let me go ahead and say this my son is just 13 he won't be 14 until December!! Just to throw that out there
New Harlan's players are the correct age so I don't understand how you get that. Check the rules if you don't understand how it works.
SportsMom15 Wrote:New Harlan's players are the correct age so I don't understand how you get that. Check the rules if you don't understand how it works.

It's possible I'm interpreting it wrong, but here is the KHSAA rule: I assume most hold back 7th graders will be 14 in their 8th grade seasons.

Age Restrictions

Beginning in 2015-16, the following age limits are in effect:

A student that turns fifteen (15) years of age prior to August 1 of the current school year shall not be eligible for interscholastic athletics in Kentucky in competition against students exclusively enrolled in grades eight (8) and below;
A student that turns fourteen (14) years of age prior to August 1 of the current school year shall not be eligible for interscholastic athletics in Kentucky in competition against students exclusively enrolled in grades seven (7) and below; and
A student that turns thirteen (13) years of age prior to August 1 of the current school year shall not be eligible for interscholastic athletics in Kentucky in competition against students exclusively enrolled in grades six (6) and below;
the key word in your post is PRIOR, you can be 14 in 7th grade if you turn 14 after august 1st, you can play as a 15 year old if your turn 15 after august 1st.

Again this topic has been discussed over and over for years. THe new rule is that you cant play during a hold back year but can still play the next year after if you are of age.

now if you are 15 in the 7th grade, you can only play against 8th grade teams, making you ineligible for 7th grade(jv) football.
Wheres my Turkey Club, its lunch time Im hungry.
Maybe whoever said theyd give you one put it in the snail mail.
Is New Harlan undefeated?
No 9-1. They lost to Whitley Co 20-10 first game of year. There offense was awful. They were running a wildcat and didn't have a quarterback It's different now. Would have liked to seen a rematch there now the way New Harlan is playing.