Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2015 & 2016 Divisional Breakdowns - all schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Attached you will find the divisional breakdowns for all schools in the state.
So since I had the day off I did some looking at the changes and here is what I found.

Moving to Division 1:

Wayne county

Moving to Division 2:

Corbin, East Hardin, Elkhorn, Franklin-Simpson, Harrison co., Louisa, McCreary, Rowan, Scott co., Shelby East, South Warren, Warren East.

Moving to Division 3:

Foley, Glasgow, Casey
:letsparty

Big boy football.
Will the teams moving divisions, stay in the region they played last year?
I would think so unless there is a region that is low on teams and the playoff committee bumps somebody over.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:So since I had the day off I did some looking at the changes and here is what I found.

Moving to Division 1:

Wayne county

Moving to Division 2:

Corbin, East Hardin, Elkhorn, Franklin-Simpson, Harrison co., Louisa, McCreary, Rowan, Scott co., Shelby East, South Warren, Warren East.

Moving to Division 3:

Foley, Glasgow, Casey

Assuming the teams are members yes.
How long till we find who's a member this year and who's not?

I know some teams drop or add based on if they think they'll have a good team or not.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Will the teams moving divisions, stay in the region they played last year?

Id love to say yes, but that wont be the case for some. Goal in changing the D2 number was to balance the divisions (and it did, tremendously, as soon as I can get the KYMSFA Member list out I will.) Are other goal is to do our best to reasonably balance the brackets, so that you dont have 4 teams in one region and 12 in another. By the looks of things some teams will be playing in different regions.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:How long till we find who's a member this year and who's not?

I know some teams drop or add based on if they think they'll have a good team or not.

There are a few teams that have had issues with registration, once those are settled the list will come out.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I would think so unless there is a region that is low on teams and the playoff committee bumps somebody over.

Correct, and 7th grade can throw in some wrinkles as well.
New Harlan. D3.

Cumberland. D3.

Evarts. D3.

Can't see how New Harlan is D3.
could someone post the actual numbers from each school
Lol you complain ever year about new harlan blackbear3. If you don't want to play new harlan in d3 tell cumberland not to enter. These guys do a good job at putting teams where they should be not where you want them to be.
Which regions play each other in Semi finals??
The numbers are on KDE

And it's:

Region 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4.
Where are the region final games being played at this year?? Where are the locations??
Footballcrazyman Wrote:Where are the region final games being played at this year?? Where are the locations??

Still being determined for 2 regions, Will be announced as soon as they are finalized.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:So since I had the day off I did some looking at the changes and here is what I found.

Moving to Division 1:

Wayne county

Moving to Division 2:

Moving to Division 3:

Foley, Glasgow, Casey

What are the deciding factors on which division each school is in? I am guessing numbers but didn't know if it was team numbers or school?
blackandgold4life Wrote:What are the deciding factors on which division each school is in? I am guessing numbers but didn't know if it was team numbers or school?

Male Enrollment in school.
boyle co d2. wow! boyle would win d1 probably
I have doubts any one other than Johnson or a Pulaski would win D1. Who has Boyle played? Game scores?
plantmanky Wrote:Male Enrollment in school.

Thanks.
ky playmaker Wrote:boyle co d2. wow! boyle would win d1 probably

Boyle would be a big underdog to Belfry in d2
MR.Slate I saw Boyle Co. up close this summer at 7 on 7 they have a better team than you think I think they could be there in the end when all is said and done and also Johnson Co. only beat Pikeville 10 to 0 at Johnson Co. only touchdown in the game came with a little over 5 minutes to play do not sleep on Pikeville in D3 we have had some players hurt when we get them back and play as a whole team you had better not count the Panthers out they will be there in the end
ky playmaker Wrote:boyle co d2. wow! boyle would win d1 probably

. They are strong but not d1 or 2015 Belfry level.
plantmanky Wrote:Attached you will find the divisional breakdowns for all schools in the state.

Plantman, why isn't Shelby Valley on the enrollment list? They competed last year in D3, and actually won their first round game before being eliminated by eventual runner-up Letcher Co. in the second round.

I don't have a direct connection to the middle school team, but I know that on their schedule, they have state playoffs listed as starting on Oct. 10. Do I need to get ahold of their coach and see if they forgot to do something?
More Cowbell Wrote:Plantman, why isn't Shelby Valley on the enrollment list? They competed last year in D3, and actually won their first round game before being eliminated by eventual runner-up Letcher Co. in the second round.

I don't have a direct connection to the middle school team, but I know that on their schedule, they have state playoffs listed as starting on Oct. 10. Do I need to get ahold of their coach and see if they forgot to do something?

Good Catch, this was the original list of schools when we started in 2008. Obviously some schools no longer exist and some need to be added. Shelby Valley never was added I guess. Ive updated the master list.

Shelby Valley is D3.
plantmanky Wrote:Good Catch, this was the original list of schools when we started in 2008. Obviously some schools no longer exist and some need to be added. Shelby Valley never was added I guess. Ive updated the master list.

Shelby Valley is D3.

:Thumbs:
Are holdbacks allowed to play in kymsa in their holdback year this year? I know their are some conferences that are not allowing it. next year it goes into effect state wide I believe.
ky playmaker Wrote:Are holdbacks allowed to play in kymsa in their holdback year this year? I know their are some conferences that are not allowing it. next year it goes into effect state wide I believe.

KYMSFA has never had a rule, making Holdbacks ineligible.
Pages: 1 2