Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Guess who got the new Enrollment reports this morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confusedinglepar

Looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me.
Sweet, any teams with possibilities of changing divisions? Or is it too soon to tell.
Wish you would separate region 4 , teams make things look a little different send the top 4 teams different directions ,
That would be a change that would have to be made at the meeting. Just like the numbers were adjusted to balance the divisions the past winter.

No argument though Region 4 is loaded year and year out.
Re-alignment is definitely needed to balance out the state. Region 4 teams are the only ones to ever with a D1 state title. The boundary for the region used to be I-75 but after the first or second year the pulaskis and whitley and a few others were moved back into the region. Now the region has the most teams and history would say the best teams as well. In region 4 you have 3-4 play in games and in some other regions you have to win 1-2 games to make the final 4.

I'm not claiming to have a perfect solution for this but clearly it isn't a fair playing field when one team could have to win 4-5 games to make the state final and others only 2-3. 3 hour drives for some schools in the region as well. Johnson County makes it difficult because of their location and school size, but I think using I-75 would balance it out a little more.
SuperFan Wrote:Re-alignment is definitely needed to balance out the state. Region 4 teams are the only ones to ever with a D1 state title. The boundary for the region used to be I-75 but after the first or second year the pulaskis and whitley and a few others were moved back into the region. Now the region has the most teams and history would say the best teams as well. In region 4 you have 3-4 play in games and in some other regions you have to win 1-2 games to make the final 4.

I'm not claiming to have a perfect solution for this but clearly it isn't a fair playing field when one team could have to win 4-5 games to make the state final and others only 2-3. 3 hour drives for some schools in the region as well. Johnson County makes it difficult because of their location and school size, but I think using I-75 would balance it out a little more.

I totally agree. And this year will be no exception, the state champ will come from Region 4! Separate the top 4 teams from region 4, and I guarantee all would be in the final 4!
Belfry would beat any of them.