Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 8th Graders Defensively
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the best 8th graders defensively. Please list name, position, and school they play for. It would be good if we could list kids that are not just from the team we are associated with.
Logan Parker of Taylor County
Devin Johnson of Johnson County
Reese Fletcher of Hazard
#4 from JCTMS is a beast. Plays LB/rb. Not sure on his name.

Reese fletcher was on team Ky FBU as 6th grader.
Belfry has several quality players....but Jonathan Stepp and Grayson Cook both stand out.
Devin Johnson is good, fletcher is also good I'm not sure if cook is better than them I know fletcher is very physical and I know Johnson is able to fight off blocks and make plays. Cook is very tall but doesn't carry a lot of weight with his height. Stepp and cook are good defensive players just like the rest of belfry's defense. I don't think I could pick one over the other I believe Johnson plays DE and cook and fletcher play LB and all are different types of players.
PikevillePanthers62 Wrote:Devin Johnson is good, fletcher is also good I'm not sure if cook is better than them I know fletcher is very physical and I know Johnson is able to fight off blocks and make plays. Cook is very tall but doesn't carry a lot of weight with his height. Stepp and cook are good defensive players just like the rest of belfry's defense. I don't think I could pick one over the other I believe Johnson plays DE and cook and fletcher play LB and all are different types of players.

Curious if your opinion has changed since Saturday!?
Grayson Cook LB Belfry
Jonathan Stepp DT Belfry
Jake Baisden NG Belfry
Reese Fletcher LB Hazard
Devin Johnson DE Johnson Central
Yea a little bit I guess lol they r all there belfry is legit
John Walker Phelps from Paintsville is one of the best all around players in state, really good corner/safety.

Cook and Stepp of Belfry
Devin Johnson of Johnson Co
Fletcher of Hazard
Parker of Taylor Co

are all solid players, that bring different things to table
John Phelps of Paintsville
Vito Tisdale of Bowling Green
Dalton Euing of South Pulaski

All three are great secondary players on Defence
Levi Daugherty - FS/QB - St. Charles Middle (Marion County). True 8th grader I believe.
Connor Rogers LB/Qb Franklin-Simpson really good for an 8th grader from Western Half of State!
ProudPaPa Wrote:Levi Daugherty - FS/QB - St. Charles Middle (Marion County). True 8th grader I believe.

By true 8th grader I assume you mean he didn't turn 15 before August 1st, 2015. Whether he be 12, 13, or 14 as long as he didn't turn 15 before August 1st then he is defined as a "true 8th grader"
Landon Mauk-8th grader at Raceland. Plays DE and Y offensively. Good size kid, around 5'9" 180, very physical.
Had the chance to watch Meyzeek and Highlands (Lou) go at it last week and the two bigs are worth noting. I'm from Meade so sorry, maybe someone knows their names and numbers?
Just watching I've seen a guy from Belfry #55 Ethan Wolford that has been kicking the A-- off everybody he's the real deal good job #55.
Two bigs for which team? Meyzeek or highland? My team played highland and they didn't have "bigs"
My bad, must have forgotten to binos off. Big is relative. But seriously, they looked full grown to me.
I agree
Austin Upchurch Southern Pulaski. Plays LB and FB. #45.
Colton Bargo #55 NG for Whitley County. Tuff kid with a motor that don't quit.
Spencer Napier 8th grader for Mountain View in Leslie Co.
Dalton Stamper 8th grader for East Leslie in Leslie Co.

Both these guys will knock you out and are all over the field...
who is the best 7th grader?
footballdad45 Wrote:Austin Upchurch Southern Pulaski. Plays LB and FB. #45.
I agree .I do alot of travelling and had seen him play.Very smart, and all around a solid kid. Average 13 to 18 tackles a gm.Solid hard hitting fullback .Great blocker,and return man. Dalton is agreat player.Great speed,hands.A game changer