Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tyler Williams Memorial Grid @ Belfry Middle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
August 8th at historic Vipperman Stadium. Starts at 12 and features Belfry, Hazard, Johnson Central, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, Louisa, and Pike Central. Come out and watch some good football for those who can't make it to Richmond.
Sounds like a good showcase. Wish I could make it.
This was a very good day of football. Every team I seen there today looked like they should have a good season. Thanks to Belfry they were very good hosts. Fun day!
Bet that was some good football :Thumbs:
Great Event!! But extremely hot!!

Belfry looked really good as did Pikeville, Johnson Middle will be good as always, Hazard did well against Johnson and Belfry, they were worn out by the Shelby Valley scrimmage,, Shelby Valley kids are huge, they looked good.

Some of the best middle school players in the Mountains and state were there.
Great event.....and very well attended. Letcher Co didn't show....which was disappointing.

Johnson Central is a work in progress at this point. #33 is a real specimen on the football field. Has all the tools. QB has nice touch on his passes and good feet.....albeit smaller than past QB's that have come thru Johnson Central. They have some work to do defensively.

Pikeville has some good athletes...and some good framed kids....but no beef up front. Should have a good season.

Hazard was completely spent by their third "game" and looked ragged against Shelby Valley. However, they have some nice kids. #10, #12 and Johnson the QB are real players.

Shelby Valley has good size and #26 is a nice feature back. Believe his name is Meade. Just don't have enough kids out. Looked like they have 16 kids on roster.

Pike Central will be a work in progress. Very small. Decent numbers...but not a lot of size.

Belfry looked very good on both sides of the ball. Offensively....they are going to score a lot. Defensively...if they shore up pass responsibility.....teams will find it very difficult to score on the Pirates. LB's are quick to the ball. #40 and #6 and #33 disrupted every team played.

They're gonna be a handful come playoff time
Pikeville has plenty of meat up front. Their center is the smallest one he's at least 160lb. The left guard is about 180lb the other maybe the same. Right tackle is 6'2 and 170 but he's solid looks hard to move and the left tackle is 6ft and 265lb. The line has 4 lineman at or above 6ft and like I said the smallest is 160lb and they can move other lines well
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:Pikeville has plenty of meat up front. Their center is the smallest one he's at least 160lb. The left guard is about 180lb the other maybe the same. Right tackle is 6'2 and 170 but he's solid looks hard to move and the left tackle is 6ft and 265lb. The line has 4 lineman at or above 6ft and like I said the smallest is 160lb and they can move other lines well

My original post was a virtual quote from one of the Pikeville coaches. sorry if I ruffled feathers. While I did see some good looking kids....I didn't see any beef on either line. I witnessed every game. Start to finish