Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Middle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Despite last years sub .500 record the middle school panthers are looking to make something happen this year. Led by terrible coaching last year there will be a difference. Whole new coaching staff and now matured 8th graders who bring back a core of last years team. These boys went undefeated in 6th grade and anything less than a state championship would be a disappointment
Really anything less than a state title is a disappointment? That's a lot of pressure on a bunch of middle school kids. How about do your best, be better than last year, but to come out and say anything less than a title after a 500 season is a disappointment is extreme.
As anybody knows pikeville has a rich football history and these boys are trained to compete for state every year and I've watched these boys since 6th grade and they have what it takes. And I know they know it
They will be a lot better they believe the can win state but basing it off last year it sounds impossible for them to bounce back but if they can pull it together and work their butts off I think they will get far into the state playoffs Ik they won't be satisfied with anything less because that is they r shooting for there r many good teams they will have to beat to make it to state and as a member of the team I can say that we didn't try very hard last year and we weren't driven. Any one can say they can win state but they have to go do not with their mouth but with their play. I'm not saying we r going to win state and I know right now we rnt a contender and many may doubt us rightfully so. Every team that beat us last year beat us fair and square but we did have 2 of our best players out most of the year. We have a new coaching staff and we have matured it was a little much to say that anything less than state is a disappointment. If our players play to the best of their ability and work as hard as they can like I know they can then I believe they can win state. Last year was on us we played terrible but it is a different year and we have been working hard I'm not saying we r going to win but I am saying we believe we can and that is our goal so yes anything less is a disappointment because we believe we can do it. Don't judge us by our mouths cause we will talk a lot but judge us by our play. Looking forward to this season
Not saying this team is perfect or unbeatable but if these boys work as hard as they can there is very few holes in this team. The biggest hole of this team is O-line. Not totally convinced on the center but there is 3, O-lineman 5-11 or taller and at least 180lb. Two of em over 200lb
Good to hear there is another team participating in KYMSFA. D3 has some quality teams across the state. Pikeville will make a great addition.
They've been apart of KYMSFA for a couple years now
Pokeville was 7th seed in d3 last year and lost in first round to Louisa I think...but your talking about being better than hazard, Meece, CAL (just to name a few)
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:They've been apart of KYMSFA for a couple years now

Sorry, Panther, must have looked over them.
:Hammer3::Hammer3:

Letcher was really strong last year and New Harlan was in the finals 2 years ago. D3 is extremely strong.
Not taking anything away from hazard but they lost some key players and a couple years ago from 2 games against hazard pikeville scored 44 and only allowed 6. And the Lousia game was a bad officiating type of game that was still winnable
IMO, Pikeville definitely underachieved last year. Saw them play a few times and came away impressed. However....I saw a lot of bad attitudes on and off the field. A coaching change and maturity may very well be all that's needed for the Panthers to turn in a great year. Good Luck.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:IMO, Pikeville definitely underachieved last year. Saw them play a few times and came away impressed. However....I saw a lot of bad attitudes on and off the field. A coaching change and maturity may very well be all that's needed for the Panthers to turn in a great year. Good Luck.

No shock here. This comment reminds me of the 2012 group that got DQ'd from the KBA basketball state championship. Coaches, fans, & administrators from Pikeville made fools of themselves.
IMO....talent or the lack thereof was not the issue last year.
Wildcat18 Wrote:No shock here. This comment reminds me of the 2012 group that got DQ'd from the KBA basketball state championship. Coaches, fans, & administrators from Pikeville made fools of themselves.

:eyeroll:
Who's coaching PMS this year?
Leonidas Wrote:Who's coaching PMS this year?

Jason Booher ‏@coachbooher Jun 18 Excited to hire my former bball player & former UVA-Wise football standout, Jonah Justice, as our Head Jr. High football coach. #Welcome
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:IMO....talent or the lack thereof was not the issue last year.
You are exactly right. It wasn't lack of talent.
Who's the pikeville middle Qb? 7th or 8th?
I've read all of this. I'm a former panther and love pikeville, BUT Meece is insane. 5 players run 40 4.5 or better line averages 200 lbs with speed. undefeated as 7th graders. so far 7-0 beat rockcastle 38-6, lex catholic 44-6, south laurel 38-6, glasgow 44-0, whitley co. 42-22 last 2 scores versus subs, a huge north laurel 16-6, bluegrass middle 20-6 7 min. short clock. My point is dont put that pressure on these kids if you dont know the competition out there. just sayin
footballnut77 Wrote:I've read all of this. I'm a former panther and love pikeville, BUT Meece is insane. 5 players run 40 4.5 or better line averages 200 lbs with speed. undefeated as 7th graders. so far 7-0 beat rockcastle 38-6, lex catholic 44-6, south laurel 38-6, glasgow 44-0, whitley co. 42-22 last 2 scores versus subs, a huge north laurel 16-6, bluegrass middle 20-6 7 min. short clock. My point is dont put that pressure on these kids if you dont know the competition out there. just sayin

I bet all the high schools in Somerset combined don't have 5 kids running sub 4.5s...
footballnut77 Wrote:I've read all of this. I'm a former panther and love pikeville, BUT Meece is insane. 5 players run 40 4.5 or better line averages 200 lbs with speed. undefeated as 7th graders. so far 7-0 beat rockcastle 38-6, lex catholic 44-6, south laurel 38-6, glasgow 44-0, whitley co. 42-22 last 2 scores versus subs, a huge north laurel 16-6, bluegrass middle 20-6 7 min. short clock. My point is dont put that pressure on these kids if you dont know the competition out there. just sayin

I've watched Meece play twice this year and they're a great team. I expect them to make a big run in D3 as well as 7th grade playoffs. But claiming they have kids running a 4.5 takes away all credibility from your posts or shows you lack true football knowledge.
Sorry you feel that way, nor did I make a crude statement. I saw the times clocked clock them yourself. As far as somerset goes both cornetts, doan,gadberry alone runs it in times clocked. Mt point of the post was in regard to the pressure putting on the kids to win state. Campbellsville, cal , meece that's slot to ask of a team when they haven't seen competition.
Can Pikeville compete with Meece?
Pikeville will be ready to make a run. Playing belfry twice and JC twice should get them ready for d3 considering belfry is the best in d2 and JC is the best in d1
Pikeville does not play Johnson twice. If Meece wants to play someone they can always Johnson or Northern Pulaski 7th and 8th grade teams
footballnut77 Wrote:Sorry you feel that way, nor did I make a crude statement. I saw the times clocked clock them yourself. As far as somerset goes both cornetts, doan,gadberry alone runs it in times clocked. Mt point of the post was in regard to the pressure putting on the kids to win state. Campbellsville, cal , meece that's slot to ask of a team when they haven't seen competition.

I don't have to clock them. I've been around enough middle school ball to know. 5.00 40 times are FAST and rare for middle school. 4.8 and 4.9 are almost unheard of but is realistic. I believe that Doan runs in the 4.5 range, but to claim these middle schoolers can keep pace with him is asinine.
Belfry at Pikeville tomorrow... What do you think the score will be???
AceQB13 Wrote:Belfry at Pikeville tomorrow... What do you think the score will be???

First game was 50-6 Belfry. Belfry is a little nicked up...but I believe they'll handle Pikeville once again.....35-12

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Final score: Belfry 20 Pikeville 6
Pages: 1 2