Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentuckys ranking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant believe UK is not even talked about or is not even mentioned in the top25 because they have loss to 3 of the top temas in the nation and they gave UCLA all they could handle but just fell short and UCLA is ranked number 1
Yeah I know, but rankings now mean absolutely nothing. Kentucky would have the same record as a lot of top 25 teams with some of their cup-cake schedules. Kentucky should go on a decent winning streak if they get by Louisville and could be ranked again in the next 2 weeks or so.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah I know, but rankings now mean absolutely nothing. Kentucky would have the same record as a lot of top 25 teams with some of their cup-cake schedules. Kentucky should go on a decent winning streak if they get by Louisville and could be ranked again in the next 2 weeks or so.

You're right, they do mean nothing right now. I just hope it's not this questionable once the season ends....we don't need to be a "bubble" team 2 years in a row.
[QUOTE=SEKYscout]You're right, they do mean nothing right now. I just hope it's not this questionable once the season ends....we don't need to be a "bubble" team 2 years in a row.[/QUOTE]

Yea really.
find me another team in America thats played North Carolina, UCLA, Memphis, Indiana, a very dangerous DePaul team (that knocked off #2 Kansas), STILL has to face Louisville, the SEC juggernaut schedule, (Tennessee twice, Florida twice, LSU, Alabama, at Arkansas, etc) ...Kentucky is JUST fine. Actually they are better than where i penciled them at to this point. The pollsters only look at the records right now. Theyll look at strength of schedule at the end of the regular season. So those teams ranked in the top 25 that are 7-0 and have beaten Bethune-Cookman, Prarie View A&M, and North Minnesota Tech wont have anything at the end of the season when their cupcakes land them fighting for #66.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:find me another team in America thats played North Carolina, UCLA, Memphis, Indiana, a very dangerous DePaul team (that knocked off #2 Kansas), STILL has to face Louisville, the SEC juggernaut schedule, (Tennessee twice, Florida twice, LSU, Alabama, at Arkansas, etc) ...Kentucky is JUST fine. Actually they are better than where i penciled them at to this point. The pollsters only look at the records right now. Theyll look at strength of schedule at the end of the regular season. So those teams ranked in the top 25 that are 7-0 and have beaten Bethune-Cookman, Prarie View A&M, and North Minnesota Tech wont have anything at the end of the season when their cupcakes land them fighting for #66.

I agree.
I will never judge a team by rankings ever again after watching George Mason in the Big Dance last year.
UK is still not even in the notables in the USAtoday/ESPN Coaches Poll.
They only got 6 votes in the AP poll.