Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Middle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a turn out for Belfry Middle at the Nashville FBU camp. Thinking these boys ain't satisfied with 3 straight state championship. Is anyone going to give them a run in Division 2 this year. Only position we don't have a kid working at FBU is QB.
Wayne county might be a team that could give belfry problems this year.
Footballcrazyman Wrote:Wayne county might be a team that could give belfry problems this year.

EXCELLENT program down there. This team better than the one from 2 years previous featuring Stetson Simpson?
August 29th Wayne and Belfry Middle play at Southern Pulaski.

This year's group is different than the 2013 and 2014 group. Bigger and stronger but without a real game breaker.

Realignment may put us in D1.
Wait what? Who says?? Lol.
We have been right on line since Monticello Ind merged a couple of years ago. My guess this year is the year we flip over to D1.
I think this year the numbers for d1 and d2 change. The numbers for d2 has got larger trying to get more teams in d2. Some of the d1 teams last year will be d2 this year.
Footballcrazyman Wrote:I think this year the numbers for d1 and d2 change. The numbers for d2 has got larger trying to get more teams in d2. Some of the d1 teams last year will be d2 this year.

I meant about us playing - that game is not happening. It was proposed but not happening. Southern Pulaski is a LONG way from Belfry.
I was told it was. Guess we need to find another game.
4 out of the 6 Belfry boys got invited to top gun from FBU. 2 of them are getting articles wrote on them for youth1 sports. A great weekend for the Pirates. The only high school boy that was there for Belfry got an invite to the Army All Anerican combine.
Congratulations to all the Belfry boys!
Is Belfry starting a 7th grader at QB. That's only what I've heard but who would be another choice?
Belfry0304 Wrote:I meant about us playing - that game is not happening. It was proposed but not happening. Southern Pulaski is a LONG way from Belfry.

Yeah.....to my understanding....that game is not on the schedule.
looking forward to keeping up with the middle school this season
looking for a 4 peat
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:Is Belfry starting a 7th grader at QB. That's only what I've heard but who would be another choice?

IMO....the leading candidate is a 7th grader....but I'm sure that decision will play out thru camp.

Barring significant injury issues.....Belfry should be pretty good. QB position and line play will be the main issues offensively. The backfield will be absolutely loaded. Guessing it will take a few games before the offense begins to mesh.

Defensively.....they should be stout. Very quick to the ball. Again, Defensive line play will be a work in progress...but should have real good size and overall strength to allow LB's and DE"S to go to work.

Belfry will be shooting for a 4-peat at the state level. A lot of work to be done between now and November! Smile
Do you see Isiah Birchfield playing offense
do we know where the county championship will be held? It was held at belfry last year and IMO it'll be a rematch from last year i think we play at belfry middle in the regular season does that mean that if pikeville is in the xhampionship it will be at pikeville ?
Not sure where the county championship will be held. Belfry's schedule is out....and it reflects the playoff weeks but doesn't reflect location. BTW...Wayne Co is NOT ON THE SCHEDULE. No trip to Pulaski Co.

Way too much money in transportation costs to pull that off.

BMS will get started in the next couple of weeks
Who were the youngmen from Belfry at Nashville?
Belfry will be playing SW Pulaski @ Hazard in a few weeks..
Herbie Dotson is back coaching the line at BMS. So 2-3 weeks into the season the line will be just as good as any that has hit the field at Belfry. Glad to see you back Coach Dotson.
Both the QB's are only 7th graders and should be fine after a couple of games under their belt.
The 6 kids Belfry sent to FBU Nashville all got Top Gun invites but only 4 made the trip to Dublin to Top Gun. All 4 done great and was pulled to the side by youth1 for pics.
Grayson Cook was noticed as one of the top 10 linebackers at the camp.
Attended Top Gun & Nashville
Grayson Cook- linebacker
Nate Helton- defensive line
Joe Chafin- full back
Ben Bentley- defensive back
Atteneded Nashville but didn't make the trip to Top Gun
Peyton Hensley- running back
Thomas Bond- Linebacker
Maybe one of the fastest teams I've seen come thru Belfry. Lightning fast at multiple positions