Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KYMSFA Regional Finals Sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every year the KYMSFA goes out to its members to find locations to host the Regional finals, this year October 24, 2015.

So BGR, where is a good place for regional finals in your area? Who's got a top notch facility they want to show off to everyone in their Region?

Some prior Regional Finals host (off the top of my head, if I forget someone my apologies in advance)

Region 1
McCracken Co HS - Paducah
TK Stone - Elizabethtown
Stadium of Champions - Christian CO
Murray State

Region 2
Nelson Co High School - Bardstown
Campbellsville HS
TK Stone - Elizabethtown
Campbellsville University

Region 3
JCPS
Martha Layne Collins HS - Shelbyville
Bourbon County High School - Paris
Lafayette High School - Lexington

Region 4
Letcher Central High School - Whitesburg
Johnson County High School - Paintsville
Sheldon Clark High School - Inez
Has Bell Co applied???

Bell co!!! Always a great place to play but a new multi-million dollar upgrade will make the stadium that much better. New turf, new press box, new locker rooms and new concessions will make it second to none. 30 minutes from I-75 40 minutes from mountain parkway make it a good choice! A football crazy fan base don't hurt either!
Parking sucks or I'd say Pikeville. Shelby Valley is pretty nice. Obviously I think Belfry, as well.
I would like to see Region 4 in Richmond or even Hazard. Folks going to have to travel regardless, I just hate making the trek to Johnson County year in and year out.
TrueDawg Wrote:Has Bell Co applied???

Bell co!!! Always a great place to play but a new multi-million dollar upgrade will make the stadium that much better. New turf, new press box, new locker rooms and new concessions will make it second to none. 30 minutes from I-75 40 minutes from mountain parkway make it a good choice! A football crazy fan base don't hurt either!

Bell Co has submitted a request to host for 2015, they are on the list of possible sites.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Parking sucks or I'd say Pikeville. Shelby Valley is pretty nice. Obviously I think Belfry, as well.

I asked Belfry last year if they had interested and I believe there was a conflict of some kind.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I would like to see Region 4 in Richmond or even Hazard. Folks going to have to travel regardless, I just hate making the trek to Johnson County year in and year out.

Hazard always host a large band competition that same weekend every year, and hence isnt available.

Richmond is possible, that technically is Region 3 area for KYMSFA but several of the member teams there would host for Region 4 should we need them.
Keep the replies coming, were looking for any possible locations, hidden gem sites that might be good.
Of all the stadiums I've been to, Belfry & Harlan County are probably the best two for this kind of event. I'm not sure about any conflict, I thought Letcher just got in first. Maybe we can try again this year. Love to have it at CAM, let everybody see the KYMSFA effect first hand on our big end zone sign - 2013/2014 AAA State Champs.
Bell Co. would be great!!! Tons of room and brand new turf is going down now. Bleachers are huge. Four lane highway right to the stadium.
Prestonburg would be a good place in the middle of everybody
There more to it than having a good field takes a lot of volunteers to Run the clock run chane crews work cleaning up afterwards not to mention the food bar ,
eagles2011 Wrote:Prestonburg would be a good place in the middle of everybody

Prestonsburg is 13 miles from Paintsville & 150 miles from Somerset. That's hardly in the middle. There needs to be a more central location, even if it's outside of the Region 4 area. I suggested Hazard (problem is they host a band competition the same weekend) & Richmond in an earlier post.
For Region 2 has Lindsey Wilson college been suggested?
Prestonsburg is 100 miles away from harlan which plays in region 4. well for all the years except last season they had new harlan in region 2 I don't know why but anyway prestonsburg is not in the middle for a lot of region 4 teams.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Prestonsburg is 13 miles from Paintsville & 150 miles from Somerset. That's hardly in the middle. There needs to be a more central location, even if it's outside of the Region 4 area. I suggested Hazard (problem is they host a band competition the same weekend) & Richmond in an earlier post.

Richmond technically is in Region 3, and very well could host Region 3 finals this year.

In lue of a central location being available we have tried to rotate around the region as best we can. It still takes sites willing to do it.
Cardfan1 Wrote:For Region 2 has Lindsey Wilson college been suggested?

Lindsey Wilson has told us know twice when we inquired. We stopped inquiring there.

Colleges, even the small ones can sometimes not be worth the headache or be cost effective.

Knox Co was working with Union College to possibly host regionals there, but they have a home FB game that day so it wont work for this season.
That's odd because every year at playoff time we have to drive by there and it's either pitch black or there is a bunch of little league teams on it.
It is hard to find a centrally located site in Region 4 because of how the regions are laid out. Hazard is the best possible solution and that has never been an option. With Region 4 stretching from Somerset to Paintsville to Bath County it is a very large area.
Strike Campbellsville U for Region 2. They have a home game that day. Etonians has the nicest facility out of that area
Perry county has a nice new field,
Cardfan1 Wrote:Strike Campbellsville U for Region 2. They have a home game that day. Etonians has the nicest facility out of that area

ETown. Thanks iPad for your help.
Bell County. Always ton's of involvement and not a bad drive from anywhere. Good roads for the most part from anywhere in Region 4. Last year Knox and Corbin drove to Paintsville to play each other. No place will be perfect but Bell would be pretty nice.
plantmanky Wrote:Keep the replies coming, were looking for any possible locations, hidden gem sites that might be good.

Whitley CountySmile
Bell County would be ideal for Region 4, especially now that they're adding turf. As close to the middle as you can get. Wouldn't mind that.
Bell county would be a good place for region 4 close drive from harlan.
Any other suggestions? Region 1 anybody out there?
McCracken county high school was a great venue last year. Excellent facilities. I hated the 3 and a half hour drive but it was a great atmosphere. TK Stone also was a good place 2 years ago
Region 1 = the Warren County school that has turf. The way Region 2 schools have to go West that seems like a better location until Region 1 gets its participation up.
Perry Central would be ideal for Region 4...