Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rich Rodriguez to Stay with West Virginia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ESPN is reporting that athletic boosters for WVU have come up with the money and are just short of matching Alabama's offer for Coach Rich Rodriguez. He has accepted the offer from WVU and will remain in the state that he was born and raised.
Ahhh this sucks...thought we had him..I figured it would be a long shot, but cant blame him for staying in Morgantown..I dont begrudge him. Dont like it, but cant begrudge him, lol...but nonetheless...its another bad day for us here in Bama nation.
I'm hearing now that Rodriguez has turned down the position, Alabama are looking at either Wake's head coach or Cal's. Either one, IMO, are not even close to the caliber of Rodriguez.
I thought he would go to Alabama. I say there is alot of people happy in Morgantown..
yeah and theres one unhappy Tide fan in Whitesburg,lol..
CAM2006 Wrote:I thought he would go to Alabama. I say there is alot of people happy in Morgantown..
i agree totally with you....Rodriguez would have been a perfect fit there..My two personal favorite choices were him and Saban, but Im not seeing Saban leaving the Dolphins anytime soon ....
BIGBLACK Wrote:I'm hearing now that Rodriguez has turned down the position, Alabama are looking at either Wake's head coach or Cal's. Either one, IMO, are not even close to the caliber of Rodriguez.
Yeah Bama had a great candidate slip out of there hands. This would have been the perfect acquisition of the Tide could have landed Rodriguez.
Alabama might be the toughest job in College Football... unrealistic expectations
Good move staying at WVU....he's borderline dynasty.
He was just getting WVU to fork over a little more money.He never took the job as some knuckleheads said he did.If he had left I hoped he would take his defense coordinator with him.West virginia,s defense really sucks.