Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rich Rodriguez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bama to make decision within 72 hours. What do you think will he stay at West Virginia or will he go to Alabama?
he goes to Bama
Bama is my opinion, though I think he should stay at WVU, he's got a good thing going there.
He should stay at WVU, he will make WVU the school he is famous for, besides one
6-6 season at Bama and he is out the door, those guys are living in the 1950's.
no theyre not...if Franchione wouldnt have left them in 2002, he would still be there. Mike Price screwed up by going on a drunken strip club binge. And Shula couldnt beat LSU, Tennessee (went 1-3 against the orange-clad inmates from Naziville), and most importantly, Auburn. He was losing the state to Auburn in recruiting. And EVERYBODY knows, that if you cant beat Auburn, you dont coach at Alabama. Granted, 6-6 isnt that bad, until you consider 2-6 in conference play, and this was his second 6-6 season, with a 4-9 season thrown in the mix too...They had ONE winning season in conference play. He had this coming. I like Shula, he's a decent human being, but 6-6 every year wont cut it there.
mcfan1 Wrote:He should stay at WVU, he will make WVU the school he is famous for, besides one
6-6 season at Bama and he is out the door, those guys are living in the 1950's.
Reports: Rodriguez considering offer from Bama

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2690016
Heard on my way to the store tonight that 'Bama offered and a few hours later WVU matched the offer dollar for dollar.
I can't see WVU having the money to match.
That's just what was said on the sports show tonight...if it's true IDK.
It's official...he's the new head coach of Alabama.
IRISH4 Wrote:It's official...he's the new head coach of Alabama.

I have not seen any were that he has took the job yet
Yeah, he has taken the job...Im pretty surprised with his decision, never thought he would leave his alma matter, but then iguess money will do that to people....
IRISH4 Wrote:It's official...he's the new head coach of Alabama.
Name your source.
No national media nor the AP has announced any such news.
ESPN had it running had it running across the bottom that he has accepted the job.
YESSS-SSSUUUHHHH!!! He's coming to Tuscaloosa!!:notworthy Finally! Something other than probation and losing to Auburn and UT to talk about with my beloved Tide! Now if he can just get out of West Virginia without getting lynched. GREAT hire by Bama..:letsparty
It's a good day to be a 'Bama fan, but a sad sad day up in Morgantown...I don't think anyone from Mountaineer country expected this to happen especially with a chance to win a National Championship or a BCS game bid next year at WVU with White and Slaton back....Totally shocked...
I heard this morning that he took the Bama job. I would have stayed at WVU personally.
ESPN is now reporting that WVU has come up with the money and Rodriguez will be STAYING with West Virginia. Good move IMO.
Rodriguez turns down 'Bama, will stay in Morgantown

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2690016