Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Now that basketball has started..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
everyone can get a better look at the cheerleaders.. so what's your opinion on who you've seen?
I must say that I got to see the Paintsville Varsity Squad the other night and I was highly disappointed. NOT, with all the girls though. Just one. She was in the middle of the formation in the front row, during the sideline cheers. She looked as if she had just crawled out of bed and she cheered the entire night with her shoes untied and coming off her feet. All she did was laugh and goof off during the sideline and floor cheers. This made the entire squad look terrible. I saw these girls cheer last year and I thought that they were a pretty descent squad and thought that they would be even better this year. But if that girl continues to act and appear like that, she will do nothing but bring down the girls who are working hard to try and achieve something. I do know that if she were at SF, MC or JC she would have been jerked off the floor and told to sit down or go home. I would love to see the Great Cheering Tradition that The Tigers once had return. Maybe she needs to be shown a few of the pics out in the hallway and reminded. Good Luck this season girls!
I'd just like to know how many squads/schools are following the "free throw lane extended" NFHS rule? In the NFHS handbook, this rule can be found on page 19. Article 13. For the visual learner, consult page 43 for a diagram. If all schools are following the rule not to basket toss on the hardwood, then they should be following the free throw lane rule as well because it too, is found in this book. If a cheer leader or player is injured in this area during a game, not only is the school liable, but the first question the "plaintiff's attorney" will ask is,"Why weren't you following the NFHS rule on the free throw extended" area? Then the next thing will be "Judgement Plaintiff" because it does not matter if your gym is big, small, new, old.... or whatever.... if this rule isn't followed and someone gets hurt, not only will the coaches, school administrators, and BOE members be held responsible... someone could be seriously injured. Now, let's see if anyone can come up with a workable solution to this, without causing a big "tado".
Wow, I just turned on the tv and Ashland was playing Ironton and both squads, (one from Kentucky & one from Ohio) were cheering with the free throw lane extended open and free from obstruction!
Prestonsburg is great! South Floyd & Pikeville are good also.
very impressed with Pike Central...they've got a great start good job gurls
Well, I got to see Pikeville's Cheerleaders the other night and I must say that if that was thier Varsity Squad, I wasn't impressed at all. Thier mounts were very unsteady and just overall didn't look that good. But, at least they had cheerleaders. Paintsville's girl were in the stands goofing off and wearing a bunch of garbage. Why were they not on the floor? From what I have seen so far the 57th, with the exception of Paintsville, looks to be the strongest by far. Of course SF looks good and I haven't seen Belfrey just yet. But, that is just from what I have seen so far. Also from what I have seen it appears that Paintsville needs to stop doing "The Ice Cream and Cake" and start doing "The I Scream and Cheer"! LOL! JMO!
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, I got to see Pikeville's Cheerleaders the other night and I must say that if that was thier Varsity Squad, I wasn't impressed at all. Thier mounts were very unsteady and just overall didn't look that good. But, at least they had cheerleaders. Paintsville's girl were in the stands goofing off and wearing a bunch of garbage. Why were they not on the floor? From what I have seen so far the 57th, with the exception of Paintsville, looks to be the strongest by far. Of course SF looks good and I haven't seen Belfrey just yet. But, that is just from what I have seen so far. Also from what I have seen it appears that Paintsville needs to stop doing "The Ice Cream and Cake" and start doing "The I Scream and Cheer"! LOL! JMO!

Paintsville's cheerleaders cheer every home game for both boys and girls, + they cheer every dist game boys and girls both home and away. They will also cheer every Tourney for both girls and boys with the exception of the holiday tourneys. They also need to study at times, at least that is what I told my daughter Tue. night instead of wearing garbage(she has never looked good wearing garbage) and going to the Pikeville game. Don't get me wrong...I doubt we could win a cheer competition if we were the only one's there, but, it would be nearly impossible to cheer around 75 games this year!
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville's cheerleaders cheer every home game for both boys and girls, + they cheer every dist game boys and girls both home and away. They will also cheer every Tourney for both girls and boys with the exception of the holiday tourneys. They also need to study at times, at least that is what I told my daughter Tue. night instead of wearing garbage(she has never looked good wearing garbage) and going to the Pikeville game. Don't get me wrong...I doubt we could win a cheer competition if we were the only one's there, but, it would be nearly impossible to cheer around 75 games this year!

I see your point. That is a lot of games. Don't they have a JV squad, that they could share some time with? It just seems that you would want your cheerleaders for Regional Games.
Cheering so many games is not uncommon. Sheldon Clark and Magoffin both just have one team. That's a cheerleader's job, to cheer games.
OffTheHook Wrote:I see your point. That is a lot of games. Don't they have a JV squad, that they could share some time with? It just seems that you would want your cheerleaders for Regional Games.
According to Title IX, The boys and girls basketball teams are to have equal treatment, including who cheers for them!! The very best Cheerleading squad is required to cheer the same amount for girls as they do boys! Paintsville does have a JV squad and I don't see why they can't jump in and help out. They could pick up some slack and cheer non district road games for both teams IMO, Since there are only about 8 JV games.
57thScarlett Wrote:Cheering so many games is not uncommon. Sheldon Clark and Magoffin both just have one team. That's a cheerleader's job, to cheer games.
I doubt there are any squads that are going to cheer at around 75 games. If so, then where were MC's cheerleaders when Paintsville hosted MC in girls action?
I didn't say anyone should cheer 75 games.
There was a death in the sponser's, husband's family.
57thScarlett Wrote:I didn't say anyone should cheer 75 games.
There was a death in the sponser's, husband's family.
We must be misunderstanding each other, I had said earlier that cheering 75 games would be nearly impossible, then you said cheering so many games was not uncommon, I thought you were refering to cheering around 75 games. Sorry to hear about the family loss. Was this Angie's family?
Shelby Valley cheerleaders are the best!!!
I believe scarlett meant it wasn't uncommon to cheer so many games, not necessarily the 75 you had mentioned. I think the death was in Tony's family.
The Guru Wrote:According to Title IX, The boys and girls basketball teams are to have equal treatment, including who cheers for them!! The very best Cheerleading squad is required to cheer the same amount for girls as they do boys! Paintsville does have a JV squad and I don't see why they can't jump in and help out. They could pick up some slack and cheer non district road games for both teams IMO, Since there are only about 8 JV games.

EXACTLY! Thats why Prestonsburg are the best! Because they cheer for the girls & the boys team which really encourages the students
Most schools I know of cheer both boys and girls now. I know all the teams in the 57th do!
NYY10 Wrote:Shelby Valley cheerleaders are the best!!!

I just saw them about 20 min. ago and I definitley disagree.
Well... you know that "Title IX thing" has been around awhile.... and schools have certainly had enough time to make the necessary adjustments to their programs... case in point, Pikeville, in the 15th region. They have worked very hard to make sure both squads, V & JV are equal in ability and able to share the work load. I suggest school administrators get on board and take the necessary steps to bring their programs up to speed.
Lawrence County is by far the most disrepectful team I have seen in a long time. They have some talented girls, and it will be a shame if they continue acting out like they did at the Magoffin county game last night.
I haven't really experienced watching any of the cheerleaders from our region cheer this season (other than my own squad) and I can't wait to see what everybody has going for them! Smile
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville's cheerleaders cheer every home game for both boys and girls, + they cheer every dist game boys and girls both home and away. They will also cheer every Tourney for both girls and boys with the exception of the holiday tourneys. They also need to study at times, at least that is what I told my daughter Tue. night instead of wearing garbage(she has never looked good wearing garbage) and going to the Pikeville game. Don't get me wrong...I doubt we could win a cheer competition if we were the only one's there, but, it would be nearly impossible to cheer around 75 games this year!

Study at times? Yea i'm sure thats exactly what all the girls were doing that didn't go to the game. Were you in high school? And as for the "garbage"? I didn't attend the game but I'm sure that they wouldn't allow them to enter the game if they were wearing ****ing trash bags? Maybe your daughter can't pull off the 'garbage bag look' or maybe she can? thats not for me to decide. Last time that I checked a wife beater and shorts weren't exactly ****ing trash? Maybe your right fat people don't look good wearing garbage.
You know what... your posts are so "out there". I do recall exactly where my daughter was. She was here @ home working on English for Mrs. Lewis' class. As for "the garbage bag look".... I believe you took The Guru incorrectly. He meant that he doesn't like it when they "dress shabbily and look not too good" ... I don't believe he meant "garbage bags" literally. I don't believe a wife beater and shorts could be catagorized as "garbage" but then I don't think puttin' all one's business out there is hardly appropriate attire either... no matter if you're right fat or right flat.... For boys I guess anything goes... however... you're really knocked yourself out last night!
ValleyDweller25 Wrote:Study at times? Yea i'm sure thats exactly what all the girls were doing that didn't go to the game. Were you in high school? And as for the "garbage"? I didn't attend the game but I'm sure that they wouldn't allow them to enter the game if they were wearing ****ing trash bags? Maybe your daughter can't pull off the 'garbage bag look' or maybe she can? thats not for me to decide. Last time that I checked a wife beater and shorts weren't exactly ****ing trash? Maybe your right fat people don't look good wearing garbage.
boy have you been busy!!! Joined BGR, Hated on Paintsville, try to down my daughter, and get suspended all in one night!!!

Let's go over your post!!! I said that I told my daughter that she had to study that night!!! And what is wrong with me saying that students need to study at times? I didn't say that all girls not there were studying.
yes, I was in High School.
Wearing "Garbage" is my oppinion when I see young ladies wearing "wife beaters" and painting themselves up!IMO, It looks trashy!!! There is another school that started this "Trend"...Rolleyes and for the life of me, I can not ever remember any group from PHS that wanted to follow "their" lead.
No, my daughter doesn't look good wearing wife beaters.....JMO, but nobody does.
I don't think it is right to dress that way and never will. But I am sure it makes some very popular!
The Guru Wrote:boy have you been busy!!! Joined BGR, Hated on Paintsville, try to down my daughter, and get suspended all in one night!!!

Let's go over your post!!! I said that I told my daughter that she had to study that night!!! And what is wrong with me saying that students need to study at times? I didn't say that all girls not there were studying.
yes, I was in High School.
Wearing "Garbage" is my oppinion when I see young ladies wearing "wife beaters" and painting themselves up!IMO, It looks trashy!!! There is another school that started this "Trend"...Rolleyes and for the life of me, I can not ever remember any group from PHS that wanted to follow "their" lead.
No, my daughter doesn't look good wearing wife beaters.....JMO, but nobody does.
I don't think it is right to dress that way and never will. But I am sure it makes some very popular!

WOW.. this is incredible.
It's sad that I have to get on BGR just to see what you really think...
Your daughter actually has wanted to paint with us a couple of times so if we look trashy doing it, I'm glad she didn't...
And IMO painting yourself and wearing your school colors isn't "trashy" or "garbage like", it's simply... SCHOOL SPIRIT!
......... but whatever this is ridiculous!
.B.A.L.L.I.N. Wrote:WOW.. this is incredible.
It's sad that I have to get on BGR just to see what you really think...
Your daughter actually has wanted to paint with us a couple of times so if we look trashy doing it, I'm glad she didn't...
And IMO painting yourself and wearing your school colors isn't "trashy" or "garbage like", it's simply... SCHOOL SPIRIT!
......... but whatever this is ridiculous!

I am the one that originally said it looked trashy! NOT, the GURU! He was simply replying to me. This is coming from a person who doesn't even have a daughter on any squad in this school. AND yes for the GIRLS to wear the "wife beaters" and shorts that show everything they have is TRASHY! There is nothing wrong with painting up and showing your school spirit. Also no-one got on here and attacked any one girl. Unlike what ValleyDweller25 did to GURU's daughter. That's real CLASSY to attack a Beautiful , Good Hearted Young Lady, that does nothing but Support her school with the upmost of Tiger Pride and had absolutely nothing to do with what was said on here. Boy don't we feel BIG now? Rolleyes
OffTheHook Wrote:I am the one that originally said it looked trashy! NOT, the GURU! He was simply replying to me. This is coming from a person who doesn't even have a daughter on any squad in this school. AND yes for the GIRLS to wear the "wife beaters" and shorts that show everything they have is TRASHY! There is nothing wrong with painting up and showing your school spirit. Also no-one got on here and attacked any one girl. Unlike what ValleyDweller25 did to GURU's daughter. That's real CLASSY to attack a Beautiful , Good Hearted Young Lady, that does nothing but Support her school with the upmost of Tiger Pride and had absolutely nothing to do with what was said on here. Boy don't we feel BIG now? Rolleyes

Feel big?? haha yeah, real big!
Considering I did nothing wrong but state that I thought it was pathetic that you have to say we look trashy in wife beaters and cheershorts.. but wait a minute.. anyone who knows anything about this would know that we wore those same shorts and same "wife beaters" to the Dodgeball Tourney at PHS! But hey, if you want to call your own daughter trashy, i guess.. but she had the same thing on as we did!
Thank you and have a nice day! [=
.B.A.L.L.I.N. Wrote:Feel big?? haha yeah, real big!
Considering I did nothing wrong but state that I thought it was pathetic that you have to say we look trashy in wife beaters and cheershorts.. but wait a minute.. anyone who knows anything about this would know that we wore those same shorts and same "wife beaters" to the Dodgeball Tourney at PHS! But hey, if you want to call your own daughter trashy, i guess.. but she had the same thing on as we did!
Thank you and have a nice day! [=

I think NOT! She wasn't even there. LOL! So you have no clue. My daughter wouldn't be aloud to leave the house wearing that stuff. Just stating that GURU and his daughter got bashed for no reason. :Thumbs:
OffTheHook Wrote:I think NOT! She wasn't even there. LOL! So you have no clue. My daughter wouldn't be aloud to leave the house wearing that stuff. Just stating that GURU and his daughter got bashed for no reason. :Thumbs:

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood everything I said.
GURU's daughter wore the same cheershorts and "wife beater" to our school's Dodgeball Tourney that the other girls wore to the Pikeville game
.. so I guess it's not trashy when she wears it
but when she's not around and all the other girls have it on, it is..
Pages: 1 2