Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida v. Ohio State -- BCS Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BCS

Lets here it
Ohio State-38
Florida-14
Gators are very deserving. I know that everyones predictions on here will probably be Ohio State. But Im totally faithful to my Gators and will play the Buckeyes tough, I have complete and total confidence and alot of faith that Florida will win this game.
OSU is way to strong on both ends of the ball, it may be a game for the first 10 minutes, Smith will own the Gators D, over 300 in the air 4 td's and OSU wins big

Ohio State-36
Florida-17
Florida has a stout defense, and theyve faced what OSU brings to the table two or three times this year. Basically Florida is a field goal away from being 13-0 (Auburn scored a td on the last play of the game to win by 10), and I do NOT see OSU drumming them. I respect OSU, theyve deserved their number one ranking, and have played a very tough schedule as well, and I am not taking anything away from them. But Florida IS BETTER than Michigan, and they will beat OSU 27-24 in the national championship.
i hope fl pulls it out.. but i don't know
Go Gators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fla 24
Osu 20
I would love to see a BCS Title come back to the SEC but I think the Buckeyes are a little to much for the Gators to handle!!

OSU by 10 or less
Florida-27
OSU-24
Going to be a classic but I believe in the end the Gators will show everyone why they deserved to be there!
Florida-28
OSU-21

BCS Title will be back to the SEC
Doesn't matter to me who wins but I think Ohio State will win this one by at least 14
Florida
Go Gators!
This will be a better game than most think. Florida just might get the upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it will be a close game.
OSU-35
FLA-34
Go Gators (Sec):letsparty
That's the way it should be

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=19025

There's all my reasons right there.

Having said that, nobody can play with Ohio State

Florida- 1 1/2
Buckeyes- 642
Florida has the quickest defense of any team on Ohio State's schedule. They may not be the most talented defensive unit (obviously Michigan was more talented), but if any team wants to contain Smith, Pittman, Ginn, and Gonzalez, you need speed on defense, and that's what Florida has. Ohio State's defense is young, and has somewhat of a tendency to give up a big play every now and then. Michigan was OSU's only test of the season, and I'm anxious to see how the inexpereinced defense plays under such pressure, I mean it's the NATIONAL CHAPIONSHIP! Both teams, once you really look at it, are very evenly matched. Both teams have speed on both sides of the ball, and both love putting up big numbers. However, with the big game experience of OSU, and Jim Tressel calling the shots, I'm gonna have to take my Buckeyes in this one...42-31. Sorry, -STAT-!
Ohio state big!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Florida has the quickest defense of any team on Ohio State's schedule. They may not be the most talented defensive unit (obviously Michigan was more talented), but if any team wants to contain Smith, Pittman, Ginn, and Gonzalez, you need speed on defense, and that's what Florida has. Ohio State's defense is young, and has somewhat of a tendency to give up a big play every now and then. Michigan was OSU's only test of the season, and I'm anxious to see how the inexpereinced defense plays under such pressure, I mean it's the NATIONAL CHAPIONSHIP! Both teams, once you really look at it, are very evenly matched. Both teams have speed on both sides of the ball, and both love putting up big numbers. However, with the big game experience of OSU, and Jim Tressel calling the shots, I'm gonna have to take my Buckeyes in this one...42-31. Sorry, -STAT-!

How do you mean? They've played a few real good teams ranked in the top 25, and Iowa, though unranked, gave them a pretty good game.
This a real big game for me im a huge buckeye fan and my brother is a gator fan which makes it that much better for me ... but as i have read all of your post i have noticed that probably most of you have choosen florida to beat ohio state.. Most of you all say Ohio state hasnt played a team with a defence like florida... i hav to disagree on every one of them... 2nd game of the year played in the spot light againt texas and won convincinly24 - 7 not to mention they are 7-0 against bowl teams .. i understand they dont play the compitition that the sec does but when u beat every one by 20 plus you have to be pretty darn good.. they had 5 turn overs againt michigan 5 and still won the game 5 thats un herd off against any d1 school..
i have watched florida play alot to and they do scare me more than any other team out there they play the spread also and play it pretty good but they lack in 2 positions RB and QB chris leak is a good QB against weaker teams but he has trouble in big games and in his carear he has won 1 game in crunch time this year in tenn.. he fumbled in auburn on there last drive.. florida was winning 17-0 to arkansas and blew the lead cause leak turnovers.. what im trying to say is floida dont have a chance if he plays like he normally does...its gonna get ugly early i perdict florida gives to many leads early and if they do thatg watch out cause the buckeyes wont lose if they are in front

OHIO STATE--42
FLORIDA------21
Osu 38-18
Osu - 38
Uf - 24
BFritz Wrote:How do you mean? They've played a few real good teams ranked in the top 25, and Iowa, though unranked, gave them a pretty good game.
I agree, BFritz. They played 4 teams ranked in the Top 25. However, just because the opponent has a ranking doesn't mean they provide stiff competition. Look at OSU's results against Top 25 teams.

#2 Texas: 24-7
#24 Penn State: 28-6
#13 Iowa: 38-17
#2 Michigan: 42-39

They beat Illinois by 7, and did not score in the entire 2nd Half. Take away that game and the Michigan game, they're closest contest was the Texas, and they won by 17. Ohio State is clearly the #1 team in America, and I don't think there is one team that will take that #1 ranking away from them.
Should be a good game in the first quarter, but after that OSU will turn things up a notch and pick off Leak, and pick apart that Florida defense. Go Buckeyes!

Florida-10
OhioSt-31
This is going to be a very competitive game right off the bat. Ohio State is probably one of the most talented football teams I have seen in a very long time, on the offensive side that is. They are loaded with playmakers who of course make big plays when called. Ginn,Gonzalez and Pittman are the 3 main goto guys for this offense. But the big dog for the Bucks is Troy Smith and always rises to the occasion when in pressure or big time situations, and that was shown this year againist Michigan and Texas.

The only way Smith can be contained is if the front line for the Florida defense which is tops in the Nation can get to him right from the snap because if Smith gets any time what so ever he will rip apart the UF secondary with the big play receivers. But the gator D-line and Linebackers are quicker than any other in the country and they have the tendency and the ability to take Smith out of his game and hopefully to the ground for a few sacks.

Now for the Florida offense who isnt no slouch either. Chris Leak who has been criticized his whole Florida career for not getting to the big games, finally his Senior year he gets the chance to do that and hopefully prove all the critics wrong. That is one of the strong points for Leak, he knows how to face adversity and this year he has done an excellent job in doing so. You cant count Florida out, they also have some big play individuals who can turn the tide in a game. Dallas Baker, Percy Harvin(who is only a freshman) Jemalle Cornelius, Andre Caldwell, Deshawn Wynn, and who can forget Tim Tebow, he will have to be a presence for the Gator offense when he will probably run the ball in short yardage or 3rd down situations. Florida really has to get there running game in tact if they want to wear the OSU defense down, that was shown in the SEC title game when Percy Harvin destroyed the Arkansas D. I agree with SOK that the OSU Defense is pretty young, and they tend to give up a few big plays now and then, but they are led by a stout linebacker in Laurinitis and he will have the rest of the core ready to go and same goes for the Gators.

Ok, after all of they analysis and breakdown I have gave about this epic matchup, its about time for a prediction. There will be alot of big plays and misques in this game. Smith will have to live up to alot of hype, and he is one of the greatest in pressure and big time situations like I said earlier, but I think that this time Smith will falter and when he isnt succeeding so isnt the rest of the team.

Florida-31
Ohio State- 27

in a thriller sorry STRIKEOUTKING!!!
you got some greta points there STAT florida is quick and do have some skill players but where there is greatness on florida there is also more weakness ... there kicking game and punting game is 2 and there running game another and if leak lives up to the way he plays in big games they will faulter in the biggest game of there lives... Ohio State's team has experience in big games with big teams florida team doenst ...
if florida can over come the tremendous pressure in playing in the national title game then it will be closer then i predicited earlier on in this tread.. but i dont believe theu can i still predict ohio state to win
OHIO STATE --42
FLORIDA-------21
I think Ohio State will take them out to the wood shed.
Gorn Wrote:I think Ohio State will take them out to the wood shed.
I DOUBT IT.
Gorn Wrote:I think Ohio State will take them out to the wood shed.

I concur...... I think Michigan was the only team that could even give them a game
Pages: 1 2