Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middle School Football Conferences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many middle school football conferences exist and who makes up each conference?
In the past i think there was a link to conference teams that were members of the KYMSFA on their web page, not for sure. Most conferences are made up of teams in a specific area with a combination of D1, D2, D3 teams playing in a conference. I'm looking for the day that conferences will be made up of KHSAA district or region teams, but that would mean that middle schools with football would all have to members of the KYMSFA. Teams that don't compete in the KYMSFA playoffs don't know the experience they are missing.
I think that as public monies get tighter schools will cut sports programs almost entirely and you will see the formation of club sports like in Europe. There I think you will see conferences and the KYMSFA will really strive! The sad part is many can not afford to play in club sports in my area.
We need middle school games at every grade level.
I can never find a schedule for the middle school team here so I cant go watch them play Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I can never find a schedule for the middle school team here so I cant go watch them play Smile

Wayne middle plays at Whitley on Sept. 24th.
Northern Kentucky Athletic Conference

Small School
Bracken Co
Brossart
Campbell Co 7th
Ludlow
Twenhofel 7th
Tichenor

Medium School
Beechwood
Holmes
Newport
Newport Catholic
Sharp - Pendleton Co
Walton

Large School
Campbell Co
Summit View
Turkeyfoot
Twenhofel
Woodland
Southeastern Elite Conference

Knox County
Northern Pulaski
Southern Pulaski
Wayne County
Whitley County
Cardfan1 Wrote:Wayne middle plays at Whitley on Sept. 24th.

Thanks for the info. What time?
New harlan plays at Whitley August 11 6pm
Footballcrazyman Wrote:New harlan plays at Whitley August 11 6pm

Thanks,I hope to get out and watch some middle school football sometime. are the games usually on Thursday's?
http://www.whitley.k12.ky.us/whitley_ms/sports.htm . I thought I found the schedule until I looked at the year.
pjdoug Wrote:thanks for the info. What time?

6:00
Cardfan1 Wrote:6:00

Thanks.
South Kentucky Middle School Athletic Conference
Bluegrass
East Hardin
James T. Alton
Larue County (first year in the conference )
Meade county
North Middle
West Hardin
Who has the most competitive conference in the state? I know our conference has been dominated by Meade and bluegrass the last 10 years with east hardin and north making runs every couple years. What's the rest of the state look like
Lakers_football Wrote:Who has the most competitive conference in the state? I know our conference has been dominated by Meade and bluegrass the last 10 years with east hardin and north making runs every couple years. What's the rest of the state look like

Top to bottom hard to beat our conference.

Heavily competitive in conf and in state. Pretty confident all teams would be in the top 25 in the state most year.
The southeastern elite conference is probably the best in the state.
I'd agree and say the southeastern elite is toughest.

JCPS traditionally does well in state. Normally you see CAL, Farnsley, JCTMS, and Westport making runs in playoffs.
Region 4 in general has been flat out dominant in the state finals. Is there any reason to think that won't change this season or is everyone ready to hand the trophies over to someone in the 4th region
Never ready to hand a troph over before a snap has been taken. Anything can happen and a shocker could go on this year.
Lakers_football Wrote:Region 4 in general has been flat out dominant in the state finals. Is there any reason to think that won't change this season or is everyone ready to hand the trophies over to someone in the 4th region

Region 4 is extremely strong, but I thought Meade last year was team that would have won it if Corbin didn't have the best team to walk on a MS field IMO.

There are a couple of teams out there the could definetly cause some problem.

Region 3 Union has a super rb and nice team to compliment that.

Region 1 has Bowling Green with a lot of talent in the backfield.

There are others, but these are two that stick out. Also realignment is coming in the middle of July, so maybe some new faces in D1.
Hello, MS Football fans. So, not being able to get the Divisional breakdown report yet, I'm waiting on my new account to be registered, this is my 4th post.

I gather there are only four conferences in the Commonwealth?

Thanks!
PhilB57 Wrote:Hello, MS Football fans. So, not being able to get the Divisional breakdown report yet, I'm waiting on my new account to be registered, this is my 4th post.

I gather there are only four conferences in the Commonwealth?

Thanks!

Nope just everybody on BgR is in those four ha
If there were only four conferences, there. Would be now reason for a state title, it would just come down to the four conference champions...lol

I'd say there are at least 10-15 conferences around the state.
Northern KY
River Valley
Bluegrass
Eastern KY
Big Sandy
Pike County
Salt River
JCPS
Southern Kentucky
Commonwealth
Green River
MSAC
Mountain Middle
Western Kentucky
South KY Elite
Southeastern Kentucky
HWY 90 Conference
Midwest Kentucky
Gridiron
Mid Bluegrass
Central Kentucky

That's 21 that I know of. There are many independent teams as well.

(Whos in these conferences, dont ask me, no idea, lol)
I didn't realize we had that many MS conferences, my goodness how goes the selection show, couple all nighters
(Whos in these conferences, dont ask me, no idea, lol)[/QUOTE]

Midbluegrass is just northeast and east of Louisville. The members are:
Oldham
North Oldham
South Oldham
East Oldham
Shelby East
Shelby West
Used to have CAL but they left and went to JCPS couple of years ago.
Is there going to be Middle School Football post season play at morehead State this year?
Commonwealth ....
Clarke Moores
Foley
Estill Co
Rockcastle Co
Madison Middle
Caudill
Farristown
Pages: 1 2