Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky @ North Carolina 12/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky will head to Tabacco road in Chapel Hill, NC to take on the Tar Heels that are lead by sophmore standout Tyler Hansbrough. This is the game to see how good Kentucky really is, and will also see if Randolph can play with Hansbrough.
I think kentucky gets stomped in this game too much inside for the wildcats
As much as I hate to say it, UNC will demoralize UK up at Chapel Hill. Hansborough will have a strong game and will give Morris alot of trouble down low.
-STAT- Wrote:As much as I hate to say it, UNC will demoralize UK up at Chapel Hill. Hansborough will have a strong game and will give Morris alot of trouble down low.

I agree that I think UNC will win by 10+, but I do think Morris will hold his own. You know what's neat? I get to play on Chapel Hill later this year :letsparty
SEKYscout Wrote:I agree that I think UNC will win by 10+, but I do think Morris will hold his own. You know what's neat? I get to play on Chapel Hill later this year :letsparty

How do u get to play on Chapel Hill? lol but that is neat that u get to play at such a historical place such as that.
-STAT- Wrote:How do u get to play on Chapel Hill? lol but that is neat that u get to play at such a historical place such as that.

Yeah, I can't wait, it's going to be a blast. I get to play because my college team has a few players traveling down to UNC to play against their "JV" in late January. Then after that game UNC gave us tickets to watch their varisty play against Georgia Tech and ESPN's "College Game Day" is going to be there.

:letsparty
SEKYscout Wrote:Yeah, I can't wait, it's going to be a blast. I get to play because my college team has a few players traveling down to UNC to play against their "JV" in late January. Then after that game UNC gave us tickets to watch their varisty play against Georgia Tech and ESPN's "College Game Day" is going to be there.

:letsparty

Wow that is awesome, hope you have a blast which u will. And you will get to see an entertaining game in G-Tech and UNC.
After watching UK so far this year I don't think we can hang with NC. I know I said before that UK would beat them, but know I just don't think they can
I think people underestimate that we have a solid big man in Morris, it all just depends on if he shows up to play or not, and can stay out of foul trouble. If he gets in trouble early UK will get absolutely slaughtered. If Morris stays in the game and actually plays like we know he can Kentucky's guards could match up with UNC's.

I think Wright could own us though unless Stevenson can stay with him physically.

Overall I can't predict a score, because I honestly have no idea what UK team will show up.
If UK does show up and catches UNC on a down night. I will go with UNC by 7+. If Uk doesn't and UNC does..UNC +25. But my true prediction is UNC 93 UK 65. Bradley will have 7 TO's. Thomas and Perry will look like they drove the short bus to Tobacco Road. Freshmen will get to play 10-12 minutes when they all 3 should start along with Crawford/Morris.
thats funny right there, lol..and your right..For some odd reason, Sheray Thomas will be the only player on the court that plays 40 minutes, go 0-5 from the field, dont grab a rebound, have 6 turnovers and 4 fouls, and his guy will drop in 55 points while not missing a shot..anyways, UNC will beat UK to death inside. Morris will get into foul trouble early, the Cats will fall behind by 20 six minutes into the game. Then Tubby decides to put in the freshman, and UK closes it to within 3 and Tubby decides thats too close, so he'll yank the freshmen and put in Bradley, Thomas, Perry, and Obzrut so Carolina can finish them again. Ill take UNC 88 UK 64 with UK exploding in Tubbys One shot per minute offense. But it wont be enough.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:If UK does show up and catches UNC on a down night. I will go with UNC by 7+. If Uk doesn't and UNC does..UNC +25. But my true prediction is UNC 93 UK 65. Bradley will have 7 TO's. Thomas and Perry will look like they drove the short bus to Tobacco Road. Freshmen will get to play 10-12 minutes when they all 3 should start along with Crawford/Morris.
If we come out and play to our full potential and limit the turnovers and really hit the glass for rebounds then I think we have a very good shot. If we do the I'll take UK by 5+ but if we play like we did in Maui then it will be a long night for us.
Hopefully history will repeat itself in this game.

The last two times Kentucky has played @ UNC as the underdog they have won by sizable margins.

12-02-00 - Kentucky (not ranked) 93 - North Carolina (#6) 76
12-07-02 - Kentucky (#18) 98 - North Carolina (#12) 81
I SURE don't see it this time! AND I PROMISE YOU UK WILL NOT PUT UP 93 & 98 POINTS!
Probably not, just thought it was interesting. Especially considering both teams were coached by Tubby Smith and in 2000 everybody said we had no chance.

Just food for thought. Nothing more.
alfus21 Wrote:Hopefully history will repeat itself in this game.

The last two times Kentucky has played @ UNC as the underdog they have won by sizable margins.

12-02-00 - Kentucky (not ranked) 93 - North Carolina (#6) 76
12-07-02 - Kentucky (#18) 98 - North Carolina (#12) 81

I hope so too....good stat their Alfus :thumpsup:
Agree! And not saying Kentucky doesn't have a slight chance, but If so they need to slow the game down and try not to run with the Heels!
If so..Memphis game all over again!
Wright and Hansbrough will do pretty much any thing they want to Kentucky's inside game, and as bad as I hate to say it UNC will win by 15+. Those guys will have a field day on the interior.
I hate to say it, but I say UNC running with this one big..
Could you imagine If UK could have landed Brandon Wright. I know it's over and done with but I was just thinking how much better UK would be with an iside presence like that.
Moe Wrote:Could you imagine If UK could have landed Brandon Wright. I know it's over and done with but I was just thinking how much better UK would be with an iside presence like that.
Correct. Wright or Thadeuss Young either would make this a completely different team. Kentucky is lacking in power foward, and they're going to HAVE tosign one this year or we're going nowhere.
Cats will hang tougher than people anticipate, don't forget that NC will be coming into this game after their win over OSU, I think they might make the mistake of being to confident, watch out Roy. GO CATS!!!
UK's going to have to step it up to win. But i hope they do. GO WILDCATS!!!!
Did anyone else see where Dickie V said UK would beat UNC during the OSU/UNC game? He also said UK was the most underrated team in the country and that they would make a championship run.
Dukey V is full of air and probably just wanted to stirr things up.
Unc 86
Uk 66
:thumpsup:
#25 Wrote:UK's going to have to step it up to win. But i hope they do. GO WILDCATS!!!!
:thumpsup:
I'm afraid our beloved Wildcats are gonna get their butts handed to em, hope I am wrong and they have a good showing.
UK has no chance, in case you UK lovers didnt see Ohio State go down at the Dean Dome, then tune in saturday, because its gonna be 10 times as bad when Tubby and the big pro prospect Randolph best player in the sec Morris comes to town, goodluck UK your gonna need it
Pages: 1 2