Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #3 USC 44 #6 Notre Dame 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final in this one. Dwayne Jarrett had a big game with 3 TDs.
I hated to see this....I didn't want USC in another national title game.
I hate USC, but you gotta give it to em, they played good. As for Notre Dame, can't blame Quinn, how many dropped balls did ND have tonight, the dropped balls KILLED ND.
SEKYscout Wrote:I hated to see this....I didn't want USC in another national title game.

looks like they will be there
And what kills me about it all. Florida is not even mentioned now to play OSU! It is USC and Michigan! USC did look impressive, but the fact of the matter is, USC lost to Oregan State......I could see if Oregan State was somebody but they aren't! Hard to believe that USC would lose to anyone after they way they dismantled an OVERRATED NOTRE DAME TEAM!
USC beat a team that would be 8-4 at best in the SEC..dont get me wrong, USC is a good team, a very good team, but lets face it, they won one of the weakest conferences in the country, again. Who has Notre Dame played, or beaten? They played Michigan at home and got destroyed by 26 points. Oh by the way, Vanderbilt gave Michigan all they wanted on the road. And your right Playboy, it looks like the SEC will get the SHAFT again this year. If they beat Arkansas, THEY should be playing OSU in the national championship.
8-4 at best in the SEC, get real. UK finished 7-5 and ND would kill UK.

ND has beat Georgia Tech 9-3 playing for the ACC champ, Michigan State who completely fell apart after the ND game, Penn State who is 8-4 goin bowlin, Purdue 8-5 goin bowlin, UCLA goin bowlin, Navy 8-3 goin bowlin. The SEC isn't gonna get the shaft, Florida couldn't play with OSU, Michigan or USC.
Redneck Wrote:8-4 at best in the SEC, get real. UK finished 7-5 and ND would kill UK.

ND has beat Georgia Tech 9-3 playing for the ACC champ, Michigan State who completely fell apart after the ND game, Penn State who is 8-4 goin bowlin, Purdue 8-5 goin bowlin, UCLA goin bowlin, Navy 8-3 goin bowlin. The SEC isn't gonna get the shaft, Florida couldn't play with OSU, Michigan or USC.

I dont know.....I think Florida could at least "play" with those 3 teams, I definately don't think it would be a blow-out like you implied.
SEKYscout Wrote:I dont know.....I think Florida could at least "play" with those 3 teams, I definately don't think it would be a blow-out like you implied.

I didn't say or imply that it would be a "blowout". I just think that Florida could hang with any of the 3. I hope they get in cause I hate Michigan and USC but I don't think it will happen for the simple fact that everyone thinks that the SEC is down this year, the East division is anyways and that's the teams Florida played with the exception of a couple. BUT then again the Big Ten wasn't no powerhouse either after OSU and Michigan, a couple others were mediocre. If you look at schedules USC probably had the tougher out of the 3 teams (UM, UF and USC) but they did lose to Oregan State who some think isn't much, but they are goin bowlin with a 7-4 record. They beat Arkansas who will playing in the SEC championship, 8-3 Cal, 7-4 Oregon, 6-5 Arizona, 6-6 Washington State, 6-5 Arizona State, 9-3 Nebraska who is playing in the Big 12 championship and Notre Dame. They still got UCLA next week who is 6-5. If they beat UCLA they will have beat 10 teams that are goin bowlin and two of them are playing in conference championships, Michigan beat 6 teams goin bowlin and lost to the #1 team in nation BY 3 at OSU.
Florida has beat 9 teams goin bowlin:

8-4 Southern Miss
9-3 Tennessee AT Tennessee
7-5 Kentucky
6-6 Alabama
10-2 LSU
10-2 Auburn AT Auburn
8-4 Georgia
7-5 South Carolina
6-6 Florida State AT FSU

Now they got 10-2 Arkansas in the SEC Championship.

If the beat Arkansas that will be 3 teams they have beat that are in the BCS Top 15.
I don't get where you are going. Either you think Florida should or should not get the BCS bid vs/ OSU? In one you say that couldn't play with all 3 teams mentioned. Then you follow up with a post like this?
Redneck Wrote:Florida has beat 9 teams goin bowlin:

8-4 Southern Miss
9-3 Tennessee AT Tennessee
7-5 Kentucky
6-6 Alabama
10-2 LSU
10-2 Auburn AT Auburn
8-4 Georgia
7-5 South Carolina
6-6 Florida State AT FSU

Now they got 10-2 Arkansas in the SEC Championship.

If the beat Arkansas that will be 3 teams they have beat that are in the BCS Top 15.

Auburn beat Flordida 27-17.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I don't get where you are going. Either you think Florida should or should not get the BCS bid vs/ OSU? In one you say that couldn't play with all 3 teams mentioned. Then you follow up with a post like this?

Well PLAYBOY if you would read everything I have posted you would understand what I am saying. I said that I didn't think they could play with them, I would like to see them get in though. The last two posts is what the BCS voters and computers are gonna be looking at, it has nothing to do with whether or not I think Florida can play with them. Point is it doesn't matter what I think, I was just throwing out a few statistics and records of what to be looking at. Except for Auburn, IDK why I had Florida beatin them.
-STAT- Wrote:Auburn beat Flordida 27-17.

Yeah, IDK what I was thinkin on that.
But my point is, how do you NOT think Florida can play with the teams you mentioned when they have beaten 9 teams that are going to bowl games? Just not seeing that point at all...
i think that UK would give ND a better game than you think they would..but that doesnt matter, UK went 4-4 in the SEC...ND would go 5-3 in the SEC..the schedule they play is alright, but its not any harder than the typical SEC team schedule..Navy, UCLA, Purdue, Penn State, Michigan State? Penn State is a decent team but the rest of those teams are mediocre at best..and as for Georgia Tech, did you see what that 4-4 SEC team that UK BEAT did to them? I rest my case...so yes, Notre Dame is an 8-4 SEC team..and if Florida beats Arkansas, then THEY deserve to be playing OSU for the national championship. And as far as them not being able to play with Michigan, OSU or USC, thats about the funniest thing ive ever heard. Im not saying USC isnt a good team, because they are indeed a very good team, but Florida wont punk out against them like Notre Dame did.
Redneck Wrote:8-4 at best in the SEC, get real. UK finished 7-5 and ND would kill UK.

TidesHoss32 Wrote:i think that UK would give ND a better game than you think they would..but that doesnt matter, UK went 4-4 in the SEC...ND would go 5-3 in the SEC..the schedule they play is alright, but its not any harder than the typical SEC team schedule..Navy, UCLA, Purdue, Penn State, Michigan State? Penn State is a decent team but the rest of those teams are mediocre at best..and as for Georgia Tech, did you see what that 4-4 SEC team that UK BEAT did to them? I rest my case...so yes, Notre Dame is an 8-4 SEC team..and if Florida beats Arkansas, then THEY deserve to be playing OSU for the national championship. And as far as them not being able to play with Michigan, OSU or USC, thats about the funniest thing ive ever heard. Im not saying USC isnt a good team, because they are indeed a very good team, but Florida wont punk out against them like Notre Dame did.

Florida won't be playing USC unless Michigan gets the NC bid. I guess we have to wait and see what happens. I remember last year when everyone said Georgia, the mighty SEC team would kill WVU. WVU was up 28-0 before Georgia even knew they were playing a football game. And what's up with you and PLAYBOY, can you guys not read or somethin. I WANT Florida to get in for two reasons, one: Michigan had their chance in the season finale to beat OSU and they didn't, two: USC got beat by Oregon State who they should have killed. Florida will have to beat Arkansas like USC did if they wanna get in, you know how the computer bs and the voters are, they will look at that exact comparison between USC and Florida.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:But my point is, how do you NOT think Florida can play with the teams you mentioned when they have beaten 9 teams that are going to bowl games? Just not seeing that point at all...

I just don't think they are the same calibur team as OSU, Michigan or USC. I don't think Florida has the defense to stop any of the 3 teams offense's. I don't think Florida has the offense to put up enough points to beat and of the 3. I hope they get in and prove me wrong, if Notre Dame isn't gonna win it I would rather see an SEC team win it.
I read that just fine. I see and respect your opinion, but I was giving mine as to why I think Florida deserves their shot. I think Florida deserves it more than Michigan does for one simple fact, and its just like you stated. They already had their shot. The one thing I see wrong with the Georgia statement is that there are about four teams in the SEC this year that are better than last years Georgia team: Auburn, Florida, Arkansas and LSU are all better than that team. But thats for another thread, lol..Im saying if Florida beats Arkansas, then that should be enough to catapult them over USC. SHOULD. Doesnt mean it will happen, but in my own worthless opinion, it SHOULD. Thats not taking a thing away from USC. They are very good, but I believe Florida is just better.
Redneck Wrote:Florida won't be playing USC unless Michigan gets the NC bid. I guess we have to wait and see what happens. I remember last year when everyone said Georgia, the mighty SEC team would kill WVU. WVU was up 28-0 before Georgia even knew they were playing a football game. And what's up with you and PLAYBOY, can you guys not read or somethin. I WANT Florida to get in for two reasons, one: Michigan had their chance in the season finale to beat OSU and they didn't, two: USC got beat by Oregon State who they should have killed. Florida will have to beat Arkansas like USC did if they wanna get in, you know how the computer bs and the voters are, they will look at that exact comparison between USC and Florida.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I read that just fine. I see and respect your opinion, but I was giving mine as to why I think Florida deserves their shot. I think Florida deserves it more than Michigan does for one simple fact, and its just like you stated. They already had their shot. The one thing I see wrong with the Georgia statement is that there are about four teams in the SEC this year that are better than last years Georgia team: Auburn, Florida, Arkansas and LSU are all better than that team. But thats for another thread, lol..Im saying if Florida beats Arkansas, then that should be enough to catapult them over USC. SHOULD. Doesnt mean it will happen, but in my own worthless opinion, it SHOULD. Thats not taking a thing away from USC. They are very good, but I believe Florida is just better.

I know what you are saying Tide but think about how screwed up the BCS system has been ever since it started. You know that if Florida doesn't beat Arkansas worse than USC did at Arkansas, that the computers and voters are gonna choose USC not only for that reason but because they love USC.
Redneck Wrote:I know what you are saying Tide but think about how screwed up the BCS system has been ever since it started. You know that if Florida doesn't beat Arkansas worse than USC did at Arkansas, that the computers and voters are gonna choose USC not only for that reason but because they love USC.
You said it best right there!!! Sums IT ALL UP!
oh i agree whole-heartedly with you there..kind of like (gulp) Auburn year before last..i wish theyd throw them stupid computers out the window. Computers dont play football games. Wouldnt all this be so much easier if you took the power conference champions and had a playoff? lol...but your exactly right, no dispute there.
Redneck Wrote:I know what you are saying Tide but think about how screwed up the BCS system has been ever since it started. You know that if Florida doesn't beat Arkansas worse than USC did at Arkansas, that the computers and voters are gonna choose USC not only for that reason but because they love USC.
USC dominated the Irish
USC goes to the national championship
ESPN guys said earlier this evening that even IF USC loses and Florida wins saturday that Florida probabaly wouldn't sneak by Michigan in the voting and ratings.
yeah and aint that some crap?
Redneck Wrote:ESPN guys said earlier this evening that even IF USC loses and Florida wins saturday that Florida probabaly wouldn't sneak by Michigan in the voting and ratings.
Booty had a real good game. GO TROJANS!!!!
Both teams IMHO are terribly overrated... especially ND... but there are several teams that are ranked below USC who are visibly better... I'm not an SEC apologist, but I honestly think Florida should be ranked above USC... and ND will knock a team like UofL out of one of the at-large bids and send them to less-than-deserving bowl game... but the BCS is ridiculous so I'm not surprised