Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Heisman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does Troy Smith have it locked up?
Yeah, but the only way someone could get in his way is if Brady Quinn has a awesome performance against USC.
He should have it locked up
It's definately his.
I don't see a way he could lose it.
he has...Quinns numbers are better but the schedule Smith has faced, and the numbers HE has put up against them, definitely has him in the drivers seat..Quinn has had a solid year but there is no way he should win the Heisman over Smith..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:he has...Quinns numbers are better but the schedule Smith has faced, and the numbers HE has put up against them, definitely has him in the drivers seat..Quinn has had a solid year but there is no way he should win the Heisman over Smith..

Smith's been a great leader on an amazing team
Yeah Smith has it locked up big time. He doesnt have another game until the National Championship and the heisman presentation is sometime in december. He doesnt have anything else to prove to get it.
Yes.
TROY SMITH..2006 HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER! AND U CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK! He deserves it!
Brady Quinn throws for 500 yards and 5 TD's tonight he may take it away from Troy Smith.
Well he didn't! And also showed the nation that the hype with N.D. was for BS and not the BCS!
Redneck Wrote:Brady Quinn throws for 500 yards and 5 TD's tonight he may take it away from Troy Smith.

well to bad, if TS plated ND' schedule itd be just as good, matter of fact alot better, Quinn couldnt beat Michigan, Smith did, he coulndt beat USC and Smith will, Quinn is so overated its not funny
I wasn't saying that Quinn WAS GOING to throw for that, I was just saying IF he did what would happen in the heisman race. Troy Smith will win it no doubt, just hope his season ends on a high note and not like last years heisman winner. And I wouldn't count your cookies just yet and OSU playing USC in the championship, they will have to have another impressive win against UCLA and hope Florida doesn't beat the hell out of Arkansas. And Quinn isn't overrated by any means, he is a great college QB, you put him on OSU with that o-line that gives Smith all the time in the world and Quinn picks ANY defense apart.
Troy Smith is a very versitle QB. His arm strength, accuracy, and also the fact he's playing on the #1 team in America pretty much makes him the sure favorite. Quinn is a great QB. The Notre Dame line has been pathetic at some times and the rest time they were just bad. He has hardly had time to get his drop and find an open receiver, but sometimes his WR don't catch the ball and his numbers have suffered a little bit. I think Smith will be the Heisman, but Quinn will be the first QB taken in the draft come April.
It will be interesting IRISH4..That is for sure. I am not so sure. The reason I say that is because of the success that Vince Young is having and by no means am I saying that Smith is as good as Young, but then you have the comparison of Leinart and Quinn. The versatile QB is the choice now in the NFL unless you have a QB with UNREAL arm strength and accuracy. Both will be very good NFL QB's IMO!
If Pat White and Steve Slaton had not choked so bad against South Florida one of them might of had a shot.
Troy Smith had the Heisman locked up against the #2 team at halftime. His performance against Michigan was absolutely incredible. Smith has so many weapons in Ginn, Gonzalez, Robiskie, Hartline, Nicol, Pittman, Wells, and with teammates like them, I don't know if I couldn't win Heisman. He never takes credit for his performances. He's always giving credit to his lineman for their blocking, his receivers for running routes, and his defense for allowing the offense to make plays. Yes, Quinn's numbers are way better, but give me a break...Navy, North Carolins, Air Force, Stanford? Notre Dame is, and always will be, overrated. Brady Quinn is a good quarterback, but let him show how good he really is by playing quality teams and NOT getting beat by 20+. In my opinion, Troy Smith is a clear-cut favorite to win the Heisman Trophy!
IRISH4 Wrote:Troy Smith is a very versitle QB. His arm strength, accuracy, and also the fact he's playing on the #1 team in America pretty much makes him the sure favorite. Quinn is a great QB. The Notre Dame line has been pathetic at some times and the rest time they were just bad. He has hardly had time to get his drop and find an open receiver, but sometimes his WR don't catch the ball and his numbers have suffered a little bit. I think Smith will be the Heisman, but Quinn will be the first QB taken in the draft come April.

no he would not, you seen how the Michigan game went for Quinn and for Smith, if thats not enough then i dont know what is
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Troy Smith had the Heisman locked up against the #2 team at halftime. His performance against Michigan was absolutely incredible. Smith has so many weapons in Ginn, Gonzalez, Robiskie, Hartlin, Nicol, Pittman, Wells, and with teammates like them, I don't know if I couldn't win Heisman. He never takes credit for his performances. He's always giving credit to his lineman for their blocking, his receivers for running routes, and his defense for allowing the offense to make plays. Yes, Quinn's numbers are way better, but give me a break...Navy, North Carolins, Air Force, Stanford? Notre Dame is, and always will be, overrated. Brady Quinn is a good quarterback, but let him show how good he really is by playing quality teams and NOT getting beat by 20+. In my opinion, Troy Smith is a clear-cut favorite to win the Heisman Trophy!

Quinn had good numbers against Michigan and USC. Like you said about Smith, he thanks his O-LINE for PROTECTION (something Quinn never had against ANY team he faced) and RECEIVERS (Samardja was the only receiver Quinn had). Like I said earlier in this thread, you put Quinn as OSU's QB with that same protection and receivers, he throws for 400 yards a game. You think about Notre Dames players for a minute, they are all NERDS. Over HALF of the players in this country couldn't even get into Notre Dame and if they did, couldn't make the grades to stay eligible. Think about that for a minute, why do you think they don't get some of the top players in the nation out high school, cause they are morons and can't get in acedemically.
windmill Wrote:no he would not, you seen how the Michigan game went for Quinn and for Smith, if thats not enough then i dont know what is

Yeah, look how it went for both QB's. Then go look at how many times each QB was sacked and pressured and hurried. Might have a lil somethin to do with it windmill. The fact is, Smith has ALL day to throw and Quinn has no time to throw.
yeah thats it, LOOK AT THEIR SCHEDULES, Quinn playes 4 good teams all year and the rest are cupcakes, Army, Navy, woo hoo, OSU has to go to the 2nd strongest if not the strongest confrence in the country, and they also played Texas out of confrence, put ND in the sec or big ten and see how they do playing Iowa, Minnesota,Michigan, and Penn State, they wouldnt make it, and Quinn is so overrated that it kills me, if he wins hiesman its from him and Lou Holtz doing some major sucking
windmill Wrote:yeah thats it, LOOK AT THEIR SCHEDULES, Quinn playes 4 good teams all year and the rest are cupcakes, Army, Navy, woo hoo, OSU has to go to the 2nd strongest if not the strongest confrence in the country, and they also played Texas out of confrence, put ND in the sec or big ten and see how they do playing Iowa, Minnesota,Michigan, and Penn State, they wouldnt make it, and Quinn is so overrated that it kills me, if he wins hiesman its from him and Lou Holtz doing some major sucking

Quinn still put up good numbers against the better teams. Like I said, you put him behind OSU's O-line, not to mention the recieving corp. of OSU and he throws for 400 yards a game. If you knew anything about ND's tradition then you would know why they play teams like Army (that game goes all the way back to the 4 hoursemen and Knute Rockne days). Notre Dame beat Penn State so IDK where you are going with that statement. There are two, MAYBE three teams in the big ten that could beat ND. The SEC would be a different story, there are 4-5 teams that could beat ND. But if you knew anything about football you wouldn't say that Quinn is overrated cause he ain't. Funny noone thought he was overrated last year when he put up the huge numbers against EVERY opponent (Michigan, USC, Michigan State etc.). I never said Quinn was gonna win the heisman so IDK why you keep whinin about it, he's not gonna win it. And what in the hell would Lou Holtz have to do with him winnin the heisman, Holtz said two weeks ago after the Michigan game that Troy Smith was gonna win it and he even picked TS to win it.
Notre Dame also defeated Purdue, another Big 10 opponent.
woo hoo, Brady Quinn is overrated, wait and see who the better quaterback is when they play on sundays, and plus OSU owned Notre Dame last year, and they will do it again too
windmill Wrote:woo hoo, Brady Quinn is overrated, wait and see who the better quaterback is when they play on sundays, and plus OSU owned Notre Dame last year, and they will do it again too

Troy Smith may not play QB on Sundays. OSU did own Notre Dame last year, can't argue with that, but OSU won't be playing Notre Dame this year so there goes that theory.