Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Memphis 80 Kentucky 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
We played pretty well in the 1st half but in the second half we couldn't stick our own finger up our butt. It was one of the worst things I have ever had to watch. Memphis deserved to win this game and they did. We can bicker and gripe about losing all we want but it will not take back the fact that we got completely dominated and got the L. I will say one other thing though... Upper classmen is supposed to be the leaders of the team, well right now the leaders of the team is the FRESHMAN. Tubby better light a fire up under their butts or Lexington is gonna go into riot!!!!

GO CATS!!!!!
UK got killed in the rebounding margin, and they could not do anything to stop Memphis in the 2nd half. Randolph was the only player that showed up for the cats with 18pts & 8rebs. Crawford made a couple of good plays scoring 15pts. Memphis passed the ball really well and got alot of baskets inside the paint.

FG%
UK-.43 Memphis-.50

Rebounds
UK-27 Memphis-38
Somerset_Football Wrote:We played pretty well in the 1st half but in the second half we couldn't stick our own finger up our butt. It was one of the worst things I have ever had to watch. Memphis deserved to win this game and they did. We can bicker and gripe about losing all we want but it will not take back the fact that we got completely dominated and got the L. I will say one other thing though... Upper classmen is supposed to be the leaders of the team, well right now the leaders of the team is the FRESHMAN. Tubby better light a fire up under their butts or Lexington is gonna go into riot!!!!

GO CATS!!!!!

Amen brother
UK lost to 2 better teams, UCLA and Memphis are just better than UK this season!
Thank God, there's still UK Football to root for !!!Confusedhh:
In all honesty we weren't supposed to win either of these games.....what hurts is that we shot ourselves in the foot over and over again and gave away chances to win. All will be forgiven if we can beat Indiana, L'ville, & UNC.
I didn't expect UK to win against either UCLA or Memphis I was just glad they were able to give them a game. They wore down against the Tigers and let them pull away but they only had about 16 hours rest after the UCLA game.
Did not watch first half but I seen the second half and they just killed us. Memphis just had to many easy shots and UK could not buy a shot
Memphis got any shot it wanted at anytime... the perimeter defense is a joke...

They just aren't that good IMO...
Kentucky is a good team, and what proves it to me is that the upper classmen played awful against two highly ranked teams, and against UCLA the freshmen kept us in it alone, and today we allowed Memphis to shoot 50% but was in it up until about 9 minutes to go.

This is the only team I can ever remember UK's offense not being the problem but the defense, and if there is one thing Tubby can fix it's his defense. It will get better, and UK will be better.

I'm not very upset about losing today's game, but how bad UK lost. They are a lot better than that, and I know it's early, but I still feel good about this team.
alfus21 Wrote:Kentucky is a good team, and what proves it to me is that the upper classmen played awful against two highly ranked teams, and against UCLA the freshmen kept us in it alone, and today we allowed Memphis to shoot 50% but was in it up until about 9 minutes to go.

This is the only team I can ever remember UK's offense not being the problem but the defense, and if there is one thing Tubby can fix it's his defense. It will get better, and UK will be better.

I'm not very upset about losing today's game, but how bad UK lost. They are a lot better than that, and I know it's early, but I still feel good about this team.

Yes it is still early in the season this team will be just fine come March.
Was in it until 9 minutes to go? Well unfortunately, there are 2 halves in basketball! I could understand if it was 2 minutes. We are Kentucky, and YES, we are suppose to win these games. That is the problem now with Kentucky Basketball! We have lost any respect from teams that use to FEAR the heck out of playing the blue and white! I do agree though Alfus, I do believe this team will get better and that you did make a good point with the Defense being the problem and not the Offense. I noticed numerous times off of a U.K. miss, that there was just no hustling to get back making it a 4 on 2 Memphis fast break and easy score! You can't run with Memphis, because that is like trying to get into a shootout with the Colts in football! SLOW THE GAME DOWN AND PLAY YOUR STYLE OF BALL. If you noticed, the Cats were huffing alot early in the 1st half because they were not use to running and gunning and that is why Memphis prevailed late in the game, because like Kyle Macy said it, you shoot with your legs, and the CATS legs were GONE! And yes, most of the time the 3 that was not getting back were the "Leaders". WHY DOES SHERAYE THOMAS EVER SEE THE FLOOR? Can SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS FOR ME? He couldn't start at Lexington Catholic let alone U.K.! Freshman, keep carrying us because we are going to need it! Well, gotta give props to Randolph Morris, the boy is giving it his all! Sorry for rambling, lol, just had to get it off of my chest..
Is it me or is upper-classmen supposed to be the LEADERS of the team? It looks to me like this team is run by the FRESHMAN who is awfully good. That is BS and this team needs Perry, Crawford, Morris, and Bradley to step up and lead this team or we will not get anywhere!!!!
Can someone tell me why they had the 3rd place game prior to the 7th place game? This only gave UK about 15 hours and Memphis 17.5 hours between games. CRAZY! No wonder UK didn't have any legs in the second half.

The freshman for the most part aren't freshman already. They've had more playing time that most of UK's previous freshman classes had by the time we got to January. These kids can and will play. If the upper classmen pick it up and start playing to their potential the depth will be the key. Tubby will get the defense in good shape and with the depth well be able to press teams right off the court. I'm still very excited about this team and I had expected two loses from Maui since I saw the schedule. These were against two top 11 teams nothing to hang your head over.

GO CATS!
CatDawg Wrote:Can someone tell me why they had the 3rd place game prior to the 7th place game? This only gave UK about 15 hours and Memphis 17.5 hours between games. CRAZY! No wonder UK didn't have any legs in the second half.

The freshman for the most part aren't freshman already. They've had more playing time that most of UK's previous freshman classes had by the time we got to January. These kids can and will play. If the upper classmen pick it up and start playing to their potential the depth will be the key. Tubby will get the defense in good shape and with the depth well be able to press teams right off the court. I'm still very excited about this team and I had expected two loses from Maui since I saw the schedule. These were against two top 11 teams nothing to hang your head over.

GO CATS!

That was for ESPN purposes, they had the preseason NIT at 7 and wanted the Kentucky audience to be able to see the game on ESPN2 and not ESPNU... Chaminade vs. Oklahoma at 4:30 on ESPN2 wouldn't be as viewer friendly as Memphis vs. Kentucky at 7 on ESPNU...
FreakNasty Wrote:That was for ESPN purposes, they had the preseason NIT at 7 and wanted the Kentucky audience to be able to see the game on ESPN2 and not ESPNU... Chaminade vs. Oklahoma at 4:30 on ESPN2 wouldn't be as viewer friendly as Memphis vs. Kentucky at 7 on ESPNU...

Thanks for the explanation....I was wondering the same thing.
Thanks Freak they almost caused me to miss it. But then again after the result maybe I should have. LOL
Kentucky will be a spoiler this season, nothing more. The kids are trying their best IMO, I am sure they do not like not being able to compete.
pathetic they need some leadership
I knocked on Porter earlier in a thread and now really think the kid will be a solid contributor to the program. He looks like Redick, lol. Hope he ends up playing like him!