Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ucla 73 Uk 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
UCLA got 21 points off 17 of UK's turnovers.
Can someone please answer this question for me. Why is Sheray Thomas ever in the game? What does he ever do productive? He can't shoot, can't defend, can't rebound, can't jump, has no leadership, but still Tubby loves to have him in the game come crunch time and loves giving him quality minutes when he can be playing 10 other players better than him. Someone please enlighten me. Am I the only one who thinks he is a complete waste of a scholarship and quite possibly one of the worst players to ever play at Kentucky. End of rant.....

About the game, turnovers killed us tonight and we were caught off our feet way too much. All UCLA had to do is take it to the rack or head fake in the paint and we would commit every single time. Simple mistakes kept us from winning a game we should've won easily. Also, Bradley played like a freshman tonight. He played timid nearly the entire night. He needs to show leadership and I personally think he's better off at 2-guard. Jasper really impressed me tonight. He's big and strong and plays the point really well. With some time, we're going to keep seeing big things out of him. We're going to be alright just need to work out the kinks.
UK played like a top 10 teams in spurts but Bradley killed UK, he played descent but when it was time for him to make plays he fumbled the ball time after time giving UCLA sevel fast breaks. The freshman played well.
Freshman looked great and will only get better. This is a bump in the road that we will learn from and we may see the same result tomorrow night but this team will be a tough out come tourney time. Bradley destroyed us. So far this year free throws look so much better and we actually hustle and don't give up when we fall behind. UK is going to be just fine.

DUKE LOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turnovers did kill UK tonight, also just like bevinsville_bomber said Bradley would be better at the 2 guard It would help UK out if Jasper would start at point
CatDawg Wrote:DUKE LOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:letsparty :letsparty :letsparty
Turnover definately were our biggest downfall tonight.....followed closely by penatration defense.
I think Jasper will after this week.
CatDawg Wrote:I think Jasper will after this week.

It would be the best move for the Wildcats
At least we do have depth this year.
Didn't watch til the end of the game, but they had a chance to win it it weren't for turnovers
I agree with Thomas and feel that way about Perry most of thetime! I say keep the freshman on the court! They actually look like the only hungry players so far!
Love watching Meeks and Stevenson play!
After watching last nights game it looked like Ramel Bradley wasnt comfterble playing PG for the cats. He is better off playing shooting guard for the cats. Another problem was that UK was not moving alot on the offensive ends. Plus Joe and Ramel dribble the ball way to much. Joe is a much better shooter coming off screens, but thats the things they need to improve on. UK played good defense. But Derrick Jasper had a really good game, they couldnt contain him from driving or on defense, I think he should be the point guard throughout the season, and put Ramel to shooting guard and Joe should come off the bench or be moved to small forward. But it was an overall good game to watch.
Bobby Perry did nothing, and last year he didn't seem bother me that bad but this year he just gets on my nerves when he is on the floor. He's not a good shooter yet he takes all kinds of 3 pointers at crucial times. I liked the lineup that started the second half because Perry was on the bench.
Im not a big fan of Thomas either, but at times he can play more of a factor than Stevenson only because he weights 230 or pounds, and he does get in there and be somewhat of a physical presence. The reason he played a lot in this game is because of the fact that Stevenson was getting owned down low early, but I wouldn't have minded seeing a faster line up in after that happened.

As far as Perry goes, he has had some problems in the early going but he is a good team leader and he's not been shooting good, but it's still early, and he can shoot. He showed that several times last year.
Looks like another year of cursing and drinking, have to to watch these clowns.
Redneck Wrote:Looks like another year of cursing and drinking, have to to watch these clowns.

Knock yourself out man, I'll be too busy celebrating all the wins.

Mature to call 18-21 year olds that truly are trying their best "clowns" as well. Glad you can tell it's over by game #5.
alfus21 Wrote:Knock yourself out man, I'll be too busy celebrating all the wins.

Mature to call 18-21 year olds that truly are trying their best "clowns" as well. Glad you can tell it's over by game #5.

Ah, I would be doin the same thing if they went undefeated so it doesn't matter.

Yeah I know alfus, you are the biggest UK fan in the world and noone can say anything about them or Tubby without you getting all bent of shape, calm down dude. I never said it was over so I don't know where you got that. They keep turning the ball over like they have the last couple games it's gonna be a long season.
The kids are trying, they just do not seem to have the system to fit the athletes. I hope they can turn things around.