Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky vs. UCLA Maui Invitational
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's the semifinals in Maui and our Wildcats take on the Bruins after a hard fought win over Depaul. Predictions?
Uk-80
Ucla-78
UK, although playing some close games with some "sub par" teams, has looked impressive. They are really shooting the ball well, and when they play up tempo hard nosed defense, they can play with anyone. UCLA has some nice, young talent, and they will play quick and fast paced as well. It should be an interesting match-up. Uk has some size to go along with the quickness, and they also have some depth (something they haven't had in recent years). Bradley is really controlling this team with his PG play, which I like. UCLA, doesn't have many big guys, and I'm not too certain on their depth. but I'm gonna have to be a home-rooter, and go with the Cats. I say they improve the all-time record to 7-3 against UCLA...UK 79 - UCLA 74
I just hope UK wins. I don't care what the score is, or how it's done just as long as they win. If they lose, I'll be upset but not too upset considering UCLA is the 5th ranked team in the country, but I think UK has a good shot at winning this game, but they have to contain Afflalo and the M'Adoub a Moute or whatever his name is.
UK 80:letsparty

UCLA 75
You know what, I stayed up and watched UCLA and Chaminade play and I wasn't all that impressed with UCLA. Sure they blew Chaminade out but had Chaminade made some of their open threes and not missesd some easy shots on the inside the game would have been close. As for Kentucky they started out playing really well and after that they just kind of hung around. But they did beat a Depaul team who played their best game of the season. Woo played one of his best games. If UK can play solid D on the UCLA guards and cut down on Turnovers then they should have a shot. They match up well with UCLA. The big men need to play very physical inside. I think a physical game would be in UKs favor. Kentucky also needs to stay consistant and shoot the ball well also.

My Prediction:
UK 75 UCLA 72
Like to see the cats win, but just dont see it happening.

I'll take UCLA by 8.