Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence, Johnson and Floyd County middle school football teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are these teams going to look like next year. I have watched a lot of the LC and JC players that will be in middle school next year, I believe they both will do really well. Didn't LC get a kid from West Virginia at running. I believe he is in 8th grade?
Barring the bus breaks down Johnson has to be the favorite to win 8th grade state championship in D1 with Southern Pulaski right behind.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Barring the bus breaks down Johnson has to be the favorite to win 8th grade state championship in D1 with Southern Pulaski right behind.

Umm, considering that Union has one of the Best Running Backs in the state I don't think that you can count them out. They did make the finals and come in 2nd place in 7th this year.
Fear the Nation Wrote:Umm, considering that Union has one of the Best Running Backs in the state I don't think that you can count them out. They did make the finals and come in 2nd place in 7th this year.

Valid point, however I will say Region 3 is a bear on the 8th grade side. Many teams only put in an 8th grade team in Region 3 so who knows.
Fear the Nation Wrote:Umm, considering that Union has one of the Best Running Backs in the state I don't think that you can count them out. They did make the finals and come in 2nd place in 7th this year.

I just said favorite. To be honest I keep waiting for somebody in Lville to get it together and create a powerhouse.
I believe our Lawrence County team will be good this year. But Card1 I say you are right. I watched a lot of JC games and even their grade school they have a lot of talent if they can keep it together with good coaching. I heard the 7th grade coach that won state wasn't going to move up to 8th with his team.
valid points. Corbin's 8th grade always seems to be tough. But the Corbin's 7th gr. this year was not nearly as good as their 8th gr. counterpart.
Realignment year too, so there could be new faces in all divisions.
Yes I believe this will make a big difference as well.
How does the Johnson county middle 7th grade going to look next year
Who is going to be the 7th grade coach ?
I live on the Lawrence and Johnson County line and the closest elementary school is WR Castle Elementary I thought it was already announced that W R Castle's previous coach was going to take it over. Did something change ? Who will be the coaches in the elementary schools ? Like W R Castle.
Also for the bulldawgs I am hearing they also need a middle school coach.
Dont know why any coaches changes would occur either at the 7th or 8th level, both coaches are great.
So who is going to be coaching the 7th and 8th next year ?
From the looks of this post, it looks as though it is going to stay the same. Holbrook and Pierce ? People I spoke with from Johnson was acting like they were going to be big changes in the middle and elementary levels. Guess not so much.
Johnson County has two of the top ten 8th graders in the state in Cody Rice and Devin Johnson. They should be the favorite for a Division 1 title
This year will be interesting to say the least.. We have all 4 teams that were in the 7th grade final 4 plus Corbin in the first 5 weeks.. Not to mention our conference schedule with knox, Whitley and Northern..