Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 9 year anniversary - Kobe's 81 PTs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there is not a lot of people that like Kobe or the Lakers on the board. But 81 points (2nd highest scoring in NBA history under Wilt Chamberlain).

My question is does anyone think the 100 point record will ever be overtook, and if so by who?
It'll never be touched.
I thought it was Kobe's 20 year anniversary of getting overpaid.
The 100 point mark will never be eclipsed due to the fact that I just don't see any team letting their guy shoot that many shots in a game, in the game that Wilt hit 100 he had way to many shot attempts that a coach nowadays would go insane about.
When I heard that Kobe had torn a rotator cuff, I told my wife that he had found an excuse for his 37 percent FG number this season. Sure enough, a report that he had been bothered by it all season. :biglmao:

No, I don't think anybody will touch Wilt's single game scoring record. If not for the 3-point FG, nobody would ever get close to breaking the record.
Ballers Wrote:I know there is [B]not a lot of people that like Kobe or the Lakers[/B] on the board. But 81 points (2nd highest scoring in NBA history under Wilt Chamberlain).

My question is does anyone think the 100 point record will ever be overtook, and if so by who?

Always liked the Lakers....Always detested Kobe!!!
Chamberlin shot an incredible amount of shots that game, but shot a great percentage too, same as he actually did from the foul line as well. It could happen I guess, but to be that hot for the entire game, not just one quarter like Thompson was, just not sure who could do it. Heck, teams have a hard time scoring a 100 now in a game let alone one guy. I watched that Kobe 81 point game on ESPN Classic several years ago and even as hot as he was and if he had made a few of the shots that he missed that just rattled out, I counted him at 92 points. Just would take a magical night, like the one Wilt had over 50 years ago.
This record will never be broken.
Chamberlain had 100 points, 25 rebounds, and 2 assists in 48 minutes, but the Warriors still had 5 players in double figures and their sixth man scored 9.