Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is playing Ohio St. in the National Championship Game on Jan. 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do ya think will be playing Ohio St. in the BCS Championship?
Michigan should IMO, but the computers will probably put an SEC team that wins the title game ahead of them. I want to see OSU and Michigan again!
My Vote goes to Michigan. After there first meeting last night, it was a great game. Both teams showed they where better than everyone else last night.
blackcat_student Wrote:My Vote goes to Michigan. After there first meeting last night, it was a great game. Both teams showed they where better than everyone else last night.

But Michigan had the chance to beat them once and didn't. So, if Michigan won the bowl game, it would only be fair to have a split National Title, which would be dumb.

I think whoever wins the SEC should and will play in the title game.
What about West Virgina? If they win out then I think they could be up there!!!!!
BFritz Wrote:But Michigan had the chance to beat them once and didn't. So, if Michigan won the bowl game, it would only be fair to have a split National Title, which would be dumb.

I think whoever wins the SEC should and will play in the title game.

Michigan honestly IMO would beat both Arkansas & Florida. Thats the way I see it and thats the way the BCS Computer thing will see it also. If any team has a chance in playing in the BCS Championship than Mich it would be USC. But they have to defeat Notre Dame.
Florida...they will beat Arkansas in the SEC championship game...and would have the best shot of anybody to beat Ohio State....I think they match up very good with OSU, ..I hope and pray USC dont sneak in because there are 3 or 4 teams better than they are and IMO dont deserve to play OSU in the national championship..USC is a 9-3 SEC team at best.
No one will be palying Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl this year.

Ohio State will not be playing in the Fiesta Bowl this year.
Florida should have a shot at OSU. Out of all the teams that are in the title hunt, the Gators get the least respect and publicity.
Florida or Michigan..ANYONE ELSE MENTIONED IS BS!!!!
I think Notre Dame controls their own fate....if they beat USC then they've got it.
I would like to see a SEC team go. I'll have to go with Florida! GO GATORS!!!!!!
Hopefully Notre Dame, they will have to win convincingly at USC to even get considered IMO. IF Florida wins out, meaning they will have to beat Florida State at FSU (tough task for anyone, and FSU put a whippin on UF last year at the "Swamp") then beat Arkansas in the SEC championship they HAVE to get in. If not then that just proves ONCE AGAIN that the BCS is a "bull crap system". I don't care how close Michigan played OSU, they had their chance in the season finale and didn't get it done. While everyone is on the conference champs topic, I think the Big Ten should split up into two divisions and have a conference championship every year.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Florida or Michigan..ANYONE ELSE MENTIONED IS BS!!!!
So So True! Anyone else would not be fair for these two teams!
They need to do away with the Broken Computer System!
I hate Florida so I hope Arkansas or West Virgina get there
Arkansas shouldn't get an invite because of the drumming they took from USC..
I am going to say Michigan. Hope it is Florida but hard to argue with Michigan because of the game they had with OSU. Probably the best game I have ever seen!
West Virginia won't even make it in a BCS game if they beat Rutgers because of Big East tie-break rules... they would have to get one of the other at large bids to even get a BCS Bowl game, much less be in the NC
98 Wrote:No one will be palying Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl this year.

Ohio State will not be playing in the Fiesta Bowl this year.

Hows it not the Fiesta Bowl? Thats where the BCS Championship is being played. Its still called the Fiesta bowl even though its the National Chapionship.
blackcat_student Wrote:Hows it not the Fiesta Bowl? Thats where the BCS Championship is being played. Its still called the Fiesta bowl even though its the National Chapionship.

No, it's the Tostitos BCS National Championship game which will be played in Glendale, AZ where the new University of Phoenix stadium is... then there are the additional 4 bowl games, Fiesta Bowl (Tempe, AZ), Orange Bowl (Miami, FL), Rose Bowl (Pasadena, CA), and Sugar Bowl (New Orleans, LA). We were so close but I think we will be going to the Orange Bowl now if Rutgers loses.
If Notre Dame makes it, then the BCS system is DEF. a JOKE! Michigan WAXED them at there place! I just don't see how the Irish are even being mentioned and I love watching them play. But when it comes down to it, Michigan or FLorida deserves to be playing OSU!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:If Notre Dame makes it, then the BCS system is DEF. a JOKE! Michigan WAXED them at there place! I just don't see how the Irish are even being mentioned and I love watching them play. But when it comes down to it, Michigan or FLorida deserves to be playing OSU!

Strength of schedule can take you a long way. AT least ND's only loss came to a top ranked team and not Oregan State. If anything is a joke it's USC being mention, that is unless they beat the holy hell out of ND. IF Florida wins out they HAVE to get in, if not then the BCS SUCKS AGAIN...
My point exactly. The teams being mentioned are Michigan,USC,Notre Dame, Florida and Arkansas. And I don't see how a computer or person could throw N.D. in there when MICHIGAN Beat the crap out of them at NOTRE DAME! So to me that should throw them out of the BCS talk. THen Arkansas got raped by USC meaning USC deserves to go before Arkansas goes. That leaving Michigan who gave #1 OSU everything at OSU coming up a little short with that being there only loss. And then you have Florida! But my question is with Michigan, if they was to beat OSU, how could you not have split National Champions since OSU already beat them once. I say FLORIDA!
How can they not have split National Champions if anyone beats OSU, that would be their first loss??? That's why this BCS crap will never work. College football doesn't need computers to decide who will play who, let the coaches poll decide who is #1 and #2.
UNLESS, it's UNDEFEATED Boise State... I say they are gettin screwed, throw out the strength of schedule, they haven't lost.
It wont be Arkansas..they got beat today by LSU
Well, I say Michigan after watching my Irish last night. Michigan is the 2nd best team in the nation. They went into South Bend and beat ND by 26, USC beat ND at home by 20, Michigan had the much tougher task and they put a whippin on ND on their home field.